Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECE: college writing or english comp
I've already posted about my ethics test. If that goes well I should have only 4 credits to go. 3 for my WER and 1 for information literacy. I had intended to take a BYU writing course, but now I am having second thoughts.

I am enrolled in Excelsior so I can't take the CLEP written stuff, so I have my sites on either of the ECE writing exams. I've skimmed through the posts, but was hoping for more input. Like, is the 6 credit comp a great deal harder then the 3 college writ? The first is supposed to cover 2 semesters and the second only 1. I've read Excelsior's content guides, but can't see too much of a difference. Is it true that the comp exam isn't scored instantaneously?

Basically I'm wondering if anyone out there has, by any chance, taken both and what they think the differences are? Any advice from people who have just taken one would be highly appreciated just the same.

(TEC.. writing exam I've heard is unscored, though expensive. Does anyone know if TE.. exams are like the clep writing or ECE writing exams, or are they harder?)

Thanks and good luck to ya all!Big Grin
Got-
CLEP: 24 credits
dsst: 18 credits Cool
NYU: 12 credits
Excelsior's portfolio course: 3 credits
INL 102: 1 credit Cool
ECE college writing: 3 creditsBig Grin

AS on the way!!!!hilarious
I too am in the same boat. I have taken the 6 credit CLEP and personally thought it was pretty easy; zero study and got a 67. I want to attack the ECE written test but wish to have a bit more feedback from someone who has taken it.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Yesterday I registered for the ECE College Writing exam. I haven't set a date yet. I was sorta hoping by the end of this month, but for me that's almost going cold turkey. This test may take some serious effort, effort like on the principles of accounting test.

I have the content guide on this exam and have also heard of a course guide that Excelsior sells for $24. something. Is this book necessary? Also I have My Access but have not bought the practice exam (the one with the 120 day window). Is this program necessary? What's the difference anyway?:confused:

I'm only about 4 to 6 credits shy of my Associates degree, but I feel like I'm hitting a wall, running out of steam.:o I've got to pick myself up for the last mile of the race.

Thank you forum!
Got-
CLEP: 24 credits
dsst: 18 credits Cool
NYU: 12 credits
Excelsior's portfolio course: 3 credits
INL 102: 1 credit Cool
ECE college writing: 3 creditsBig Grin

AS on the way!!!!hilarious
[SIZE="3"]I satisfied the WER with a basic course from LSU-Independent Study. Not too bad, self-paced, and easy to accomplish. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I satisfied the WER with a basic course from LSU-Independent Study. Not too bad, self-paced, and easy to accomplish. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]

Hey! Been lurking for a while and needed to get some more information... I'm looking at getting the WER out of the way, but need "some" help with the English... Which course from LSU IS track did you take to satisfy the WER? :confused: http://is.lsu.edu/courselist.asp?cat=English

Thanks!
Rob Cool
robb3369 Wrote:Hey! Been lurking for a while and needed to get some more information... I'm looking at getting the WER out of the way, but need "some" help with the English... Which course from LSU IS track did you take to satisfy the WER? :confused: http://is.lsu.edu/courselist.asp?cat=English

Thanks!
Rob Cool

[SIZE="2"]ENGL 1001 - English Composition[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Thanks... Didn't want to take something that I don't need...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,183 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,538 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,931 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 231 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 498 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 391 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 729 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 27,562 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 205 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 247 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP