Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
Hi everyone, I am recently signed up for the ENEB MBA degree and was wondering if anyone used an alternate credential evaluation service in the US. I read through the other thread and it seems like someone evaluated it to a Bachelor's, but I wasn't sure if other services could possibly evaluate into a Master's.

Additionally, if I were to apply for jobs (fortune 500) in the US using that degree and I am already a citizen; would an employer ask to have the MBA evaluated?
[-] The following 1 user Likes robottheman's post:
  • DeanLewis
(10-13-2020, 09:43 AM)robottheman Wrote: would an employer ask to have the MBA evaluated?

The vast majority of employers never verify any degree - but some do.  If you come off as illiterate or less than competent they are more likely to check.
(10-13-2020, 09:43 AM)robottheman Wrote: Hi everyone, I am recently signed up for the ENEB MBA degree and was wondering if anyone used an alternate credential evaluation service in the US. I read through the other thread and it seems like someone evaluated it to a Bachelor's, but I wasn't sure if other services could possibly evaluate into a Master's.

Additionally, if I were to apply for jobs (fortune 500) in the US using that degree and I am already a citizen; would an employer ask to have the MBA evaluated?

Hi, I was the person getting my Master in Project Management evaluated as a bachelor by ECE. I asked about the evaluation and posted the response from ECE with the rationale for evaluating the degree of an undergrad.

I don't know about an MBA, but I imagine that the approach might be similar. I work for a fortune 500 and I was able to add the degree to my HR file, no questions asked. Most American companies with locations in Europe would consider the degree legit, I guess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dee12's post:
  • robottheman
(10-13-2020, 01:19 PM)Dee12 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 09:43 AM)robottheman Wrote: Hi everyone, I am recently signed up for the ENEB MBA degree and was wondering if anyone used an alternate credential evaluation service in the US. I read through the other thread and it seems like someone evaluated it to a Bachelor's, but I wasn't sure if other services could possibly evaluate into a Master's.

Hi, I was the person getting my Master in Project Management evaluated as a bachelor by ECE. I asked about the evaluation and posted the response from ECE with the rationale for evaluating the degree of an undergrad.

I don't know about an MBA, but I imagine that the approach might be similar. I work for a fortune 500 and I was able to add the degree to my HR file, no questions asked. Most American companies with locations in Europe would consider the degree legit, I guess.

Thanks so much for your insights in addition to get the degree evaluate by ECE, that is great to hear! My main concern was using the credential for work and this is reassuring

Added as a Master's or as a Bachelor's?

I'm doubtful of the value of the entire credential evaluation process, largely because it seems to be designed to maintain the high prices in the US higher education market. I remember on the sister forum reading about how someone got their Heriot-Watt MBA, ranked in the top 500 schools worldwide, evaluated as an Associate's degree and how these ENEB evaluations seem to say it's a 4th year Bachelor's degree where people did graduate-level coursework. What a sham, right?

Think about it. What reason could evaluators have for assuming that the UI1 degree is sub-par? 
  • Unaccredited? Nope. The awarding institution, UI1, is not only listed in RUCT and ANECA as a legal institution, but UI1 is accredited by ACSUCYL which is a member of ENQA, meaning this degree actually carries graduate-level ECTS in business.
  • Not enough credits? Well, 30 credits for a Master's is common in the USA and the program carries 30 credits equivalent.
  • No capstone? About a third of the degrees I've seen in the US from schools which hold RA have non-thesis/non-capstone Master's degrees and no one cares.
  • Not enough coursework? Please. WGU, which holds RA and ACBSP accreditation, has 30 page capstones with maybe 15-20 sources each in ther database of projects which were hailed as being excellent, exemplary pieces of work. Meanwhile, now that I'm further in the program, my average paper is pushing 24-25 pages per class at APA6 standards (2.0 spacing, Times New Roman, 12pt font) with 40+ sources each (my moving average increased with my most recent paper) and the MBA requires me to take 68 tests. 
The only reason any evaluation company has to claim that this isn't a full and complete Master's degree is pride and a desire to falsely prop up the American higher-ed market.
Imagine, for a moment, if these evaluators granted us Graduate-level titles for these cheap degrees. Then imagine further that people realized you could take a nonstandard route and it would be considered fully legit and complete. From the stats I've seen, FAFSA pays out for basically everyone whose family couldn't afford to pay their child's way through community college, so lets assume someone took the pathway of:
  • Finish AA/AS at community college -> Transfer to Big 3, WGU, Ashworth/Penn Foster to finish Bachelor's -> Enroll in accredited Spanish graduate program = $13,000 and ~4 years.
  • Use ACE to complete most credits -> Transfer to TESU, WGU, or Ashworth to finish Bachelor's  -> Enroll in accredited Spanish graduate program = $10,000 and ~3-4 years.
Hell, let's tack on a UNISA thesis-only program for $2,500 and you still save money compared to going to a state school while getting TWO graduate degrees.

There'd be a revolt and the US higher ed industry would fall apart, because the world is shifting away from needing degrees in the first place and this is a cheap option to get a decent quality education in less time, assuming you are willing to put in the effort. Is it prestigious? Not compared to getting into Tier 1 target schools, but that's to be expected. Probably not even compared to state schools if you stay in one region, but as Millenials and Gen Z get older, they want to travel and be mobile anyway. If you're traveling around the USA, how valuable will that state school from Kentucky really be when you're in California? Probably not much more valuable than UNISA, but nearly 10x the price. What about traveling the world? I guarantee you that UNISA carries more weight than the random state school in Kentucky in every country in the world that is not USA or Canada.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 5 users Like Thorne's post:
  • DeanLewis, eLearner, rachel83az, robottheman, StoicJ
Well, what we are talking about here is credentialing, right? Because you can get an ivy education on EDX for free, but you are not given a master's degree for it. Personally, I don't really have an issue with UI1, I have an issue with ENEB and how they do business, and you can write the best 45 pages project, we don't know ENEB lowest standard, maybe you write four pages in broken English and that would be sufficient.

You can argue the same thing about ACE, and you would be right. It's mostly the same, altho at least there is a central agency approving things that is recognized by many universities, so I get some small level of comfort VS an accredited for-profit university, approving a program from another for-profit company from another country (even if it seems it's normal business in Europe).

But hey, you won't convince everyone, can't argue with the price.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(10-14-2020, 07:44 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Well, what we are talking about here is credentialing, right? Because you can get an ivy education on EDX for free, but you are not given a master's degree for it. Personally, I don't really have an issue with UI1, I have an issue with ENEB and how they do business, and you can write the best 45 pages project, we don't know ENEB lowest standard, maybe you write four pages in broken English and that would be sufficient.

You can argue the same thing about ACE, and you would be right. It's mostly the same, altho at least there is a central agency approving things that is recognized by many universities, so I get some small level of comfort VS an accredited for-profit university, approving a program from another for-profit company from another country (even if it seems it's normal business in Europe).

But hey, you won't convince everyone, can't argue with the price.

Are we sure it isn't a non-profit?:

https://epale.ec.europa.eu/en/organisati...foundation

I'm not sure whether ENEB is or not, but I've never come across any confirming information one way or the other. If you have it, please post.

(10-13-2020, 05:25 PM)Thorne Wrote:

Added as a Master's or as a Bachelor's?

I'm doubtful of the value of the entire credential evaluation process, largely because it seems to be designed to maintain the high prices in the US higher education market. I remember on the sister forum reading about how someone got their Heriot-Watt MBA, ranked in the top 500 schools worldwide, evaluated as an Associate's degree and how these ENEB evaluations seem to say it's a 4th year Bachelor's degree where people did graduate-level coursework. What a sham, right?

Think about it. What reason could evaluators have for assuming that the UI1 degree is sub-par? 
  • Unaccredited? Nope. The awarding institution, UI1, is not only listed in RUCT and ANECA as a legal institution, but UI1 is accredited by ACSUCYL which is a member of ENQA, meaning this degree actually carries graduate-level ECTS in business.
  • Not enough credits? Well, 30 credits for a Master's is common in the USA and the program carries 30 credits equivalent.
  • No capstone? About a third of the degrees I've seen in the US from schools which hold RA have non-thesis/non-capstone Master's degrees and no one cares.
  • Not enough coursework? Please. WGU, which holds RA and ACBSP accreditation, has 30 page capstones with maybe 15-20 sources each in ther database of projects which were hailed as being excellent, exemplary pieces of work. Meanwhile, now that I'm further in the program, my average paper is pushing 24-25 pages per class at APA6 standards (2.0 spacing, Times New Roman, 12pt font) with 40+ sources each (my moving average increased with my most recent paper) and the MBA requires me to take 68 tests. 
The only reason any evaluation company has to claim that this isn't a full and complete Master's degree is pride and a desire to falsely prop up the American higher-ed market.
Imagine, for a moment, if these evaluators granted us Graduate-level titles for these cheap degrees. Then imagine further that people realized you could take a nonstandard route and it would be considered fully legit and complete. From the stats I've seen, FAFSA pays out for basically everyone whose family couldn't afford to pay their child's way through community college, so lets assume someone took the pathway of:
  • Finish AA/AS at community college -> Transfer to Big 3, WGU, Ashworth/Penn Foster to finish Bachelor's -> Enroll in accredited Spanish graduate program = $13,000 and ~4 years.
  • Use ACE to complete most credits -> Transfer to TESU, WGU, or Ashworth to finish Bachelor's  -> Enroll in accredited Spanish graduate program = $10,000 and ~3-4 years.
Hell, let's tack on a UNISA thesis-only program for $2,500 and you still save money compared to going to a state school while getting TWO graduate degrees.

There'd be a revolt and the US higher ed industry would fall apart, because the world is shifting away from needing degrees in the first place and this is a cheap option to get a decent quality education in less time, assuming you are willing to put in the effort. Is it prestigious? Not compared to getting into Tier 1 target schools, but that's to be expected. Probably not even compared to state schools if you stay in one region, but as Millenials and Gen Z get older, they want to travel and be mobile anyway. If you're traveling around the USA, how valuable will that state school from Kentucky really be when you're in California? Probably not much more valuable than UNISA, but nearly 10x the price. What about traveling the world? I guarantee you that UNISA carries more weight than the random state school in Kentucky in every country in the world that is not USA or Canada.

Very thought-provoking post. I do find it questionable that ECE's entire reasoning for evaluating it as an RA Bachelors is based on being able to enroll into the program with a 3-year bachelors degree. I still don't see how that has anything at all to do with the level of courses taught in the Masters program. In fact, it's not that I don't see it, it just doesn't have anything to do with the level of courses taught in the Masters program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • Thorne
(10-14-2020, 09:51 AM)eLearner Wrote: Very thought-provoking post. I do find it questionable that ECE's entire reasoning for evaluating it as an RA Bachelors is based on being able to enroll into the program with a 3-year bachelors degree. I still don't see how that has anything at all to do with the level of courses taught in the Masters program. In fact, it's not that I don't see it, it just doesn't have anything to do with the level of courses taught in the Masters program.

Agreed. I enrolled in my first graduate degree (an MA in Religion, 31 credits, no thesis or capstone only a "portfolio review") at a regionally accredited university without having any undergraduate credentials whatsoever...there are many programs in the US that allow this if you can prove academic aptitude and ability. Does that mean my MA was just a year of freshman level work? Nope. 

I was able to work through a TESU BALS in about 6 months, and had it awarded three months before my MA solely because the MA awarding institution's winter commencement was later than TESU's. I was done with the coursework before my BA was awarded.
[-] The following 5 users Like DeanLewis's post:
  • eLearner, rachel83az, RachelB, robottheman, Thorne
(10-13-2020, 06:32 AM)eLearner Wrote: I remember when Gary Busey was looked at as a kind of layman cult guru. I always found that... interesting.

I always thought of him as the actor you hired when you couldn't afford Nick Nolte.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 3 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • eLearner, Maniac Craniac, ss20ts
Did anyone have luck evaluating it for Canadian equivalency?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 927 04-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,801 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,794 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,096 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 29 1,804 04-11-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,300 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 189 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 537 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 602 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 586 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77