Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year
(04-23-2024, 07:23 PM)Dawgenstein Wrote:
LevelUP Wrote:Purdue Unversity Global CBE MBA $1700 per term (someone reported doing Masters in IT 4 terms (6 weeks term) which is like 6 months)
https://www.purdueglobal.edu/degree-prog...ba-degree/

I spoke with an advisor of Purdue University Global today about their “fast track” Excel MBA program. I was told the program was not designed to be completed faster than 12 months. She struggled with my demand that we design an approach where I could finish in 6 months as a full-time online student. The best she could come up with was “you might be able to do it devoting 48 hours a week to it” but was more comfortable quoting me a 9 month plan. With all the gatekeeping they do it seems difficult to speed it up regardless of them calling it an “excelerated” program. They break up each course into 1-hour modules, which for most of them you have to write a paper (not take a test) to pass each module, and each paper requires 24-48 hours to be graded.

ExcelTrack allows you to have multiple courses open at the same time, so while you are waiting for one module to be graded, you can be working on another one.

Walruspanda reported completing 27 modules in 5 weeks. (An MBA term is 10 weeks).
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...PUG?page=3

I suggest asking Walruspanda in that thread or via PM for clarification on how the master's ExcelTrack works.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(8 hours ago)LevelUP Wrote: Walruspanda reported completing 27 modules in 5 weeks. (An MBA term is 10 weeks).
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...PUG?page=3

I suggest asking Walruspanda in that thread or via PM for clarification on how the master's ExcelTrack works.

Yeah, with ExcelTrack, the number of modules you can complete in a term is largely a product of the work that you put into it, along with the prior knowledge you have. For both the BSIT and the MSIT, I averaged about 5 modules a week, only slowing down when I got to the point where I didn't have much in the way of modules to complete anymore. If you're very motivated and willing to put in the work, ignore the PUG advisor -- whatever schedule they set for you is rather meaningless in ExcelTrack, because it's all down to you completing modules. 

Keep in mind that the MBA capstone has to be taken as a traditional course, and while it can be taken with a few modules as well, PUG likely won't let you take it if you have, say, 20 modules left to complete. So if you want to finish in three terms, you should attempt to get 50 or more modules done in the first two terms, then take 6 or so modules along with the capstone in the last term. It is probably possible to do the MBA in two terms, and you can aim for that if you want...but with having three terms as a backup plan. (What helped me finish the MSIT in two terms is that I brought in 28 credits from the BSIT and IT certs.) 

Please ask if you have any other ExcelTrack questions! I had a very positive experience with PUG and ExcelTrack, and I do recommend it to highly motivated students who don't mind a zillion writing assignments.
Purdue University Global
in-progress: EdD in Leadership and Innovation (IT cognate), expected December 2025
completed: MS in Information Technology, March 2024

completed: BS in Information Technology (IT Management concentration), October 2023
[-] The following 1 user Likes walruspanda's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Data Analytics Programs ss20ts 12 629 04-19-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 297 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 507 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 361 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 643 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 551 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 705 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 401 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,354 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 598 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone