Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLA-200
Could not find any thread on PLA 200 in the forum search. 

Just looking for pointers, suggestions, opinions, etc. I know it is a vast topic with so many subjects to choose from. 

I plan to take the course at some point. 

Is it worth it?

Would like to hear different opinions and suggestions on the course.

Thanks
This is a two credit course and probably is a waste of cash unless you really need to do a PLA with TESU. I have taken the FREE course when it was transferable from Kaplan, so I already have a PLA-100 and PLA-200 with TESU.

However, I didn't bother with doing a PLA as I wanted to actually take the alternative courses for credits vs writing up a portfolio of my learning experiences that should provide me equivalent learning.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I agree there's no point in taking it unless you plan to do PLA at TESU. Look at the link in my signature to hear more about PLA. The course itself is pretty easy, you just have to study the PLA process and work on parts of a portfolio. A complete portfolio is more work, but you don't have to finish one to pass the course.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-29-2020, 09:44 PM)davewill Wrote: I agree there's no point in taking it unless you plan to do PLA at TESU. Look at the link in my signature to hear more about PLA. The course itself is pretty easy, you just have to study the PLA process and work on parts of a portfolio. A complete portfolio is more work, but you don't have to finish one to pass the course.

Thank you, I will check the link.

Thought that the point of the PLA was also to get as many credits as you can get at a flat fee. 

And was curious on any input from those who had taken it for that purpose and how easy/difficult it was.
(03-01-2020, 01:55 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Thank you, I will check the link.

Thought that the point of the PLA was also to get as many credits as you can get at a flat fee. 

And was curious on any input from those who had taken it for that purpose and how easy/difficult it was.
That's what the link is about. I did 15 units of PLA. In a nutshell, it's not too hard, but taking an exam or online course is easier if that option is available for the credit you need. You can get a good bit of credit at a flat rate, but the tuition for PLA 100/200 would pay for quite a lot of alternative credit.

I did it because at that time there were no alternative credit choices for the CS courses I needed. If I were doing it now, I'd just use SDC for most of it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?