Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENG-298 Jane Austen:Pride & Prejudice at TESU
Hi, I have a question about ENG-298, since I need only 1 credit in the electives and this would fit perfectly, since there are only 2 courses of one credit available at this moment at TESU (and I already completed TES-100, which satisfies its own category as cornerstone), also the Jane Austen course allows me to re-enroll and be able to see all my transferred credits that right now do not appear in my academic evaluation.         Ok here's the question, the syllabus gives all the info to start the course including books to read (which I already own. the very same edition suggested), but for the final paper, is there a way to know the details of it prior of registering, so that when I start the course I already completed it? Has anyone done it this way, since I am taking more than one course at the time, I am just afraid of deadlines when it comes to written papers, and if paper is written prior, knowing the guidelines, it is still my work, and I will still need to submit it through Turnitin once the course starts. Are the three topics always the same ones or they change? would like some input from those who have already completed the class. (I have also already completed ENC-102 so I am all familiar with MLA style, turnitin, and so on). The syllabus says for full details see the Final Project section, but then it doesn't provide them, do they unlock once enrolled in the course?  Thanks in advance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice requires you to write a final paper that you must submit at the end of the course. You have a choice of three topics for your final paper, which should be between 4–5 double-spaced, typed pages in length. For full details regarding the final paper, see the Final Project section.

Note: some websites like Course Hero can unlock some of the info but it is not free, but all I need to know is the three topics, then anyone who has done essay writing knows where to go from there, just trying to cut on the time, and stay within the deadline, and without breaking the rules, since I am going tuition by credit, and so I would pay $300 for this class.

Keeping into account 5 pages= 1,250 words (double spaced)
PLA-100 might be another option.
(02-14-2020, 12:12 PM)S2106 Wrote: PLA-100 might be another option.

Thanks, yes, I kept it into account, but since I like literature and know I would find this rather easy, (own book too), I really wanted to take the Jane Austen one (maximizing the time I have to complete the course).

Plus, if I can skip PLA-100 and take directly PLA-200, that was my plan, as I can take courses, up to 12 SH that will go towards other categories that need completion, all at a lower cost.

I am also taking English Lit CLEP and Analyzing & Interpreting Lit CLEP next month.
(02-14-2020, 01:19 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 12:12 PM)S2106 Wrote: PLA-100 might be another option.

Thanks, yes, I kept it into account, but since I like literature and know I would find this rather easy, (own book too), I really wanted to take the Jane Austen one (maximizing the time I have to complete the course).

Plus, if I can skip PLA-100 and take directly PLA-200, that was my plan, as I can take courses, up to 12 SH that will go towards other categories that need completion, all at a lower cost.

I am also taking English Lit CLEP and Analyzing & Interpreting Lit CLEP next month.
I guess paying the $75 for reenrollment without taking a class is also an option.

At this moment I am pursuing the ethics course at the Institute and also studying for two other CLEP tests.

10 classes away from AA at TESU.

Want to say thanks for this forum, it is so helpful!!

CC 15SH;  CLEP Humanities 6 credits; CLEP Developmental PSY 3 cr ; Sophia.org 3; SL  ENG COMP II 3 cr; TES-100 1 cr (cornerstone); Sociology (Saylor.org);
Looks like $75 is just application fee. So the only way to re enroll is to take a course.

Also the guide to the questions to choose from (for the essay) can be found on course hero.

So that is a good starting point.
(02-27-2020, 11:00 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Looks like $75 is just application fee. So the only way to re enroll is to take a course.

Also the guide to the questions to choose from (for the essay) can be found on course hero.

A TECEP will enroll you. There is one for Medical Terminology that is only 1 credit.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-28-2020, 08:56 AM)allvia Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 11:00 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Looks like $75 is just application fee. So the only way to re enroll is to take a course.

A TECEP will enroll you. There is one for Medical Terminology that is only 1 credit.
Thanks. I like Literature, wonder if the Jane Austen class comes also as TECEP?
(03-01-2020, 02:09 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

TECEP Thomas Edison Credit-by-Examination
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/testing

Note: TECEPS are exams for Credit (pass/fail - not calculated into GPA), and TECEPS do not count towards residency at TESU
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-01-2020, 02:38 PM)allvia Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 02:09 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

TECEP Thomas Edison Credit-by-Examination https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/testing

Note: TECEPS are exams for Credit (pass/fail - not calculated into GPA), and TECEPS do not count towards residency at TESU
Thanks. I see the Jane Austen one is only OL and not TE. The APS-100 sounds lile the better option after all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 771 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch