Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXCELSIOR Capstone
There's a good thread for TESC capstone, but I couldn't find anything for Excelsior. Their website is no help, either. I asked via email, but the level of ignorance of the cut-and-pasters is a huge frustration (you think they'd want their best foot forward). Has anyone done one of these? And, is it like TESC where a project can be substituted? I'll be doing BALA, and am hoping that a novel will substitute.
CLEPS PASSED:
CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Lit - 50 (hey, it's a pass)
CLEP Biology - 50
ALEKS Math x3
ALEKS Statistics x2 (HARD!)
NFA Q118 (you have to love free classes)
Have you taken an online class before? The capstone is no different, and not that big of a deal. I believe most people on this site are weary of it due to "testing" out of their degrees. However, the capstone is no different than any other course you will take online or at any other school. You submit papers, respond to discussion boards, complete a power point on your topic of choice, and a final paper on your topic. It's not difficult at all, quiet easy to be exact. If you haven't taken any courses online, and plan to take graduate school courses online, the capstone can be a great foundation for you in how online courses are structured.

Go to this site, and search for your capstone course, and view the syllabus. The course is not difficult at all, its just like any other course you will take.
Excelsior College | Courses
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
I know I'm a little late to the discussion here, but I too would greatly appreciate some info regarding Excelsior's LA Capstone. It definitely does not seem all that easy to me... (I say this as a person who last took a traditional college course when Ronald Reagan was President, the most sophisticated piece of electronic equipment I owned was a typewriter, and "PowerPoint" had yet to be invented:eekSmile...
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
SuZQ2 Wrote:I know I'm a little late to the discussion here, but I too would greatly appreciate some info regarding Excelsior's LA Capstone. It definitely does not seem all that easy to me... (I say this as a person who last took a traditional college course when Ronald Reagan was President, the most sophisticated piece of electronic equipment I owned was a typewriter, and "PowerPoint" had yet to be invented:eekSmile...

The discussion boards are easy, they are based on various topics of stuff you should have already learned in other courses/test. The essays were also easy (2 pages), on one of them I had to write about my college career, I believe their were 3 other ones, which were basically based on information I already learned in other courses. Very easy. For my final paper, I wrote about Sigmund Freud, as I used previous research I did on him in another class and extended my research. You also have to create an outline for your final paper. There were only about 6-10 people in my course. Professor was very nice, and very forgiving of late work, as it was everyones last course. I swear its not difficult at all. The hardest thing for me was the powerpoint, as it took me over a week to do, due to having to add your voice over your powerpoint describing your project. Other than that, the course is easy. You will pass with flying colors. Smile

Since you haven't taken an online course, you may wanna review the Excelsior OWL to learn to how make effective discussion post, as such has to be written in APA format, and play a huge part in your grade, 30% of final grade.

http://owl.excelsior.edu/posts/view/270
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
The key is to stay on top of the class at all times and NEVER hesitate to ask the instructor any questions you may have. By the time you get near the end you will realize the class was MUCH easier than you had expected it would be. Just go all in and you will be fine, it is not as tough as it seems from the outside.
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
I'm in week 6 as of today. As a full time working adult, 8 weeks is too short of a time to condense all of the silly assignments! I'm looking forward to completing this course!

Lots of hoops to jump through... I'm not sure I can say that I got anything out of this course.
cwomst Wrote:I'm in week 6 as of today. As a full time working adult, 8 weeks is too short of a time to condense all of the silly assignments! I'm looking forward to completing this course!

Lots of hoops to jump through... I'm not sure I can say that I got anything out of this course.

Being someone who works extremely slowly, doesn't like to write on a deadline, doesn't know a thing about PowerPoint, and took SL's Comp I and Comp II (both of which use MLA format not APA), I must say I can't wait until it's time for me to start my Capstone! :ack: :ack: :ack:
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
SuZQ2 Wrote:Being someone who works extremely slowly, doesn't like to write on a deadline, doesn't know a thing about PowerPoint, and took SL's Comp I and Comp II (both of which use MLA format not APA), I must say I can't wait until it's time for me to start my Capstone! :ack: :ack: :ack:

You have nothing to fear with the APA citation. There are engines which can assist you as you progress through the papers. Each course including the Capstone will have a syllabus which will let you know ahead of time the information regarding papers and submission dates.
The business Capstone has a business simulator that is part of it too so as a LA major you'll be fine!
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,031 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,212 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,679 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,802 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,859 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,655 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,266 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 945 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,904 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat