Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXCELSIOR ROADMAP TO A.S AND B.S IN BUSINESS....please help!
Hello,

So after stumbling upon BAin4weeks.com a number of weeks ago i got the urge to pursue my degree by examination. I was all pumped up until i found out that was developed a number of years ago and that courses, examinations and requirements have changed. I believe the accounting clep exam is now only 3 credits as well as some other changes.

Could someone please give me an exact roadmap to first of all, an A.S which i will then use to complete a B.S. These both being in BUSINESS!

I am trying to have all this completed by the end of the summer! Big goal, i know, but i want to be done and have ambitions of going back to Ireland (my homeland) and getting my MBA!

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

and best of luck to anyone sitting exams this weekSmile
Pursuing B.S General Business (Start Date: APRIL 08)

Exams:
Sociology-51
I.S.C.A-51
Management-66
Marketing-56
[SIZE=1]Here's To Your Health-63

Supervision - 67
Intro to Business 63
H.R Management 59
Business Law - 55
M.I.S - 49

FEMA'S
18 credits

Traditional Credits
12 credits

[/SIZE]

**** 60 Down / 60 To GoSmile
this site is a little more up to date
Excelsior College, Value Of A College Education, Distance Learning Degree Program - 123collegedegree.com
your best bet and i know you want to wait on this but you should just enroll with excelsior, have them layout a roadmap for you, waiting for me burned me in the end and stretched my degree plan out an extra 3 months and about 20 extra credits.
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
jonoshamrock Wrote:Hello, So after stumbling upon BAin4weeks.com a number of weeks ago i got the urge to pursue my degree by examination. I was all pumped up until i found out that was developed a number of years ago and that courses, examinations and requirements have changed. I believe the accounting clep exam is now only 3 credits as well as some other changes.
Certainly a bit out of date but the basic framework is still viable. With respect to accounting, the old Principles of Accounting exam has been replaced by the CLEP Financial Accounting.

Have you identified and quantified the effect of each of the (relatively) recent changes? Requirements do change over time and it is important to know exactly what they mean to your chances of yet completing the degree major by examination. I'd say, don't get depressed, get to know the requirements real well, and look to how you might circumvent the latest obstacles. It may be that in the end, despite your best efforts, you're going to have to bite the bullet and take . . . A COURSE (I know, scary).

Use your academic advisor. Good luck.

Lawrie Miller
BA in 4 Weeks
Lawrie, good to see you posting here. I want to thank you for the bain4weeks.com. It was a great resource and an inspiration for me. I started with zero credits on 11/27/07 and earned 121 credits in sixty days. I'm still doing the Excelsior Business Strategy course, as it's a fixed 15 weeks. That's my final requirement, and I'll have my BS in General Business. I also registered for the GRE Pyschology, hoping to earn another 30 credits toward a second BS.

jonoshamrock, having just gone through the BAGB program, I can vouch that most of the bain4weeks.com roadmap is still quite viable. I suggest you simply take the roadmap and match it up credit for credit against the requirements in the Excelsior catalog. I'll try to describe briefly where I deviated from bain4weeks, to give you a general guide.

First of all, you have to take Excelsior Business Strategy now. There's no exam that covers the requirement. This is new since last fall.

Second, the six-credit CLEP Principles of Accounting is gone, as you know. There is a CLEP Financial Accounting, but no exam for Managerial Accounting. I took the Penn Foster Managerial Accounting course and finished it in about a week. I recommend taking more time than I took with it, though -- I was sweating my score on the proctored final exam. For the Financial Accounting, if you're confident in your preparation, you may want to take the DSST instead of the CLEP, in order to boost your GPA.

Third, the ECE Operations Management is gone -- I'm not sure just when it went away. You can take the TECEP to cover that requirement.

Finally, I strayed from the bain4weeks.com road map for a few of my electives. I took CLEP US History I and II and DSST Civil War and Reconstruction, instead of ECE Gerontology, DSST Principles of Counseling and CLEP Intro to Psychology.

I think that's about it. In hindsight, I might have saved a few bucks by taking some more DSSTs instead of ECEs (Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management, Ethics, Statistics), but if you head down that road, be VERY careful with what you're doing, and consult your advisor. Things can get tricky with upper/lower level, and business/general studies credit totals.

If you search my user ID, you'll find another post where I list all the exams/courses I took. You might find that helpful. Good luck!

-Gary-
But is the general frame work for the basic BS still on BAin4Weeks.com still viable? Is there any practical way that some of the FEMA courses could be folded into this road map?

gcalvin, congrats on your success! I wish I was as smart and disciplined as you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,623 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,802 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,801 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,859 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,621 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,266 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,407 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 945 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,904 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat