Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 credit TECEP= $25
(10-04-2018, 10:02 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 09:07 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 02:04 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 07:28 AM)etirflita Wrote: I can confirm that the one credit Medical Terminology TECEP was enough to change my status to enrolled as of the October term. YMMV, but as of this morning I am now enrolled.

Likewise. I am also enrolled based on the TECEP for Medical Terminology as of today.

Just to clarify how this works...you registered to take the TECEP which, in turn, changed your status to enrolled. However, you haven’t taken the TECEP yet, right? So, in theory, even if you don’t pass (which I’m sure you will Smile ) you would still be enrolled.

That is correct. After you register for any class (or TECEP) at TESU you become enrolled 10 days after the start of term you registered for. It doesn't require you pass the course.
Oh man, I wish I had waited to withdrawal from that exam instead of doing it before the 10 day period.

Everyone I spoke to at TESU was very adamant about that exam not being sufficient enough for enrollment. How do they not know these things? I had told them that I was only registering for that TECEP specifically for enrollment. I need to always remember that getting the most money they can from you is high on their priority list before knowing, providing or confirming valid and valuable information to students.
GOAL 
University: UMPI
Degree: BLS Project Management
COMPLETED CREDITS 56/120
Rowan College @ BC | English Comp. I (3 cr.)
The Institutes | 312N-H Ethics  (2cr.)
Study.com | Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace (3 cr.)
ALEKS | College Algebra (3 cr.)
NFA | Q0118 - Community Safety Educators  (1 cr.)
TEEX | Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301 (6cr.)
Sophia | Principles of Finance, Art History II, U.S. History I, Intro. to Nutrition, Art History 1, Environmental Science, Intro to Web Development, Approaches to Studying Religion, Visual Communications, Intro. To Information Technologies, Intro. to Business, Ancient Greek Philosophy, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict  (38 cr.)
(10-05-2018, 02:32 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 01:10 AM)bghill Wrote:
Quote:Merlin Wrote: That is correct. After you register for any class (or TECEP) at TESU you become enrolled 10 days after the start of term you registered for. It doesn't require you pass the course.

Presumably that would be true for maintaining enrollment as well?

Yes, to maintain enrollment you need to take at least 1 course (or TECEP) before the end of the current enrollment period (the specific date will be listed in your student profile).

Of course, once enrolled, if you just want to keep your catalog year locked in at the end of the year, you can also pay $70 for a catalog year extension instead. But considering you can pay $75 for a 3cr TECEP (or $25 for a 1cr TECEP if you can use Medical Terminology in your degree plan) paying for the catalog extension seems almost silly, since you gain the same net result for the same price or less, and you can potentially earn credits at the same time. Just be sure to pick a TECEP you can pass. Smile

Wait, are you saying that once you are enrolled, you can maintain your enrollment by paying the Catalog Year Extension fee?
(10-05-2018, 03:27 PM)ISKBizz15 Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 10:02 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 09:07 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 02:04 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 07:28 AM)etirflita Wrote: I can confirm that the one credit Medical Terminology TECEP was enough to change my status to enrolled as of the October term. YMMV, but as of this morning I am now enrolled.

Likewise. I am also enrolled based on the TECEP for Medical Terminology as of today.

Just to clarify how this works...you registered to take the TECEP which, in turn, changed your status to enrolled. However, you haven’t taken the TECEP yet, right? So, in theory, even if you don’t pass (which I’m sure you will Smile ) you would still be enrolled.

That is correct. After you register for any class (or TECEP) at TESU you become enrolled 10 days after the start of term you registered for. It doesn't require you pass the course.

Oh man, I wish I had waited to withdrawal from that exam instead of doing it before the 10 day period.

Everyone I spoke to at TESU was very adamant about that exam not being sufficient enough for enrollment. How do they not know these things? I had told them that I was only registering for that TECEP specifically for enrollment. I need to always remember that getting the most money they can from you is high on their priority list before knowing, providing or confirming valid and valuable information to students.

Doh. You should know that TESU is notorious for providing conflicting and in many cases incorrect information. It happens all the time with advising when it comes to course evaluation assumptions. So sometimes you just need to see how it goes to find out for sure.

After your earlier comment conflicted with what I was told, I considered withdrawing as well but figured that I might as well wait until after the 4th to confirm since I could find no written evidence to suggest that there are limits on per course or semester credit requirements for enrollment. If it didn't end up working out, I could still withdraw and get 75% of my $25 back and just be out the $6.25 as a speculation fee.

(10-05-2018, 03:30 PM)bghill Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 02:32 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 01:10 AM)bghill Wrote:
Quote:Merlin Wrote: That is correct. After you register for any class (or TECEP) at TESU you become enrolled 10 days after the start of term you registered for. It doesn't require you pass the course.

Presumably that would be true for maintaining enrollment as well?

Yes, to maintain enrollment you need to take at least 1 course (or TECEP) before the end of the current enrollment period (the specific date will be listed in your student profile).

Of course, once enrolled, if you just want to keep your catalog year locked in at the end of the year, you can also pay $70 for a catalog year extension instead. But considering you can pay $75 for a 3cr TECEP (or $25 for a 1cr TECEP if you can use Medical Terminology in your degree plan) paying for the catalog extension seems almost silly, since you gain the same net result for the same price or less, and you can potentially earn credits at the same time. Just be sure to pick a TECEP you can pass. Smile

Wait, are you saying that once you are enrolled, you can maintain your enrollment by paying the Catalog Year Extension fee?

No. I mainly mentioned that since it seems like many people who are on a > 1 year plan primarily wish to remain enrolled so they can maintain their catalog year. So I mentioned the catalog extension an option for those people.

I imagine that the bulk of students on this forum probably plan to graduate within a year of enrollment (or wait to enroll until they're close to graduating), so extending enrollment isn't as big of a deal for them.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,508 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,933 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 234 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 731 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 482 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 528 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 644 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 484 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 331 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks