Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easier Level Classes
Hi guys!

Seems like I need to take a few more classes although I already graduated from TESU. With that being said, what are some classes taken ONLINE from TESU in your experience were relatively easy? Also, can one take 12 credits (full time) at TESU every semester which technically starts every month on the academic calendar?

Thanks so much!
Why do you need to take more classes with TESU and what kind of classes would you need?

You technically can take 12 credits at a time through tesu, though you may need to request permission for anything over 9 credits. Why would you need so many at a time?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-03-2019, 10:18 PM)ashtonnewman Wrote: Hi guys!

Seems like I need to take a few more classes although I already graduated from TESU. With that being said, what are some classes taken ONLINE from TESU in your experience were relatively easy? Also, can one take 12 credits (full time) at TESU every semester which technically starts every month on the academic calendar?

Thanks so much!

Every class (besides nursing) from TESU is online. Its an online school.

I'm confused by this post, why do you need more credit if you already graduated? You graduated so you shouldn't need anymore? Why TESU? There are cheaper ways to earn credit.
Since a course is 12 weeks long, it would be more reasonable to average 9-12 credits every 3 months, not every month. You could start 3 courses and then 3 more three months later, or you could stagger the starts. That said, I agree that there are much cheaper places to take credits in general. Even if you have aid money, it will go farther at other schools. What is the purpose for taking credits?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE REPLY.

Basically, the graduate program I got accepted to requires that I take a minimum of 2 full-time semesters at the degree-granting institution. I only took a TECEP there and the rest was imported credits...yup, this is my life!
(02-04-2019, 08:04 PM)ashtonnewman Wrote: THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE REPLY.

Basically, the graduate program I got accepted to requires that I take a minimum of 2 full-time semesters at the degree-granting institution. I only took a TECEP there and the rest was imported credits...yup, this is my life!

Are you sure they will let you do this and apply it retroactively?

I'm thinking you might be better off at a different school to get your MA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-04-2019, 08:09 PM)I agree. This was my top choice program and they dropped this bomb on me. I am currently trying to find out if they let me do it.  dfrecore Wrote:

Are you sure they will let you do this and apply it retroactively?

I'm thinking you might be better off at a different school to get your MA.

Can you tell us more about the grad program(s) your chasing? I have a bad feeling that a TESU degree was a poor choice if your goal was this type of grad program.'

Edit to add - If it's for PA programs, you were warned back then this may not be a good path. I would have stuck with a traditional B&M degree with a few prereqs not in community college/online/nontrad since they're so competitive.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
(02-04-2019, 09:03 PM)TrailRunr Wrote:

Can you tell us more about the grad program(s) your chasing? I have a bad feeling that a TESU degree was a poor choice if your goal was this type of grad program.'

Edit to add - If it's for PA programs, you were warned back then this may not be a good path. I would have stuck with a traditional B&M degree with a few prereqs not in community college/online/nontrad since they're so competitive.

I already got into 3+ PA programs with that degree. This school is the only one (out of 21 schools that I applied to) that requires this condition but they only notified me after accepting me. I also received about 6-7 interviews besides for the acceptances. I took all my Pre-Reqs at community college and have a 4.0 GPA. I would DEFINITELY suggest this path for those interested if they can do it! Smile
Congrats and good job proving us wrong. I wouldn't bother taking TESU courses with no guarantee that the outcome will be any different. Just take one of the acceptances.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 615 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
Smile BACS: COS-2050 Python Programming VS COS-4510 AI,which course is easier? Felisa 5 458 01-21-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,558 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 453 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Has anyone taken any of these classes? Insert Name 16 1,237 11-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Best source to verify which classes transfer to TESU? muu9 5 1,125 10-17-2022, 05:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Dual Major - Upper Level Credit Requirements for 2nd Degree StudiousTraveller 9 998 10-13-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  Any Recommended (Ace) Lower level Finance Area of Study classes? SamTrulli 3 675 10-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia IT classes to TESU JenninMN 5 1,204 09-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  question on TESU non-proctored degree classes? EducationSeeker 7 1,522 08-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker