Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easier Level Classes
That's such a strange requirement. Especially since you DO have real B&M credits to satisfy prereqs.

What about the other 2 programs that accepted you? Maybe those would be a better choice?

Otherwise I guess you could request a waiver for that strange requirement since you have a fairly unique circumstance with your degree. I mean if you were good enough to be accepted, why would they want you to have a bunch of other unnecessary courses?

Alternatively, does it matter what courses you take at TESU to satisfy the requirement? Could they be TECEPS? Could they be easy LL courses?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-04-2019, 09:50 PM)TrailRunr Wrote: Congrats and good job proving us wrong. Just take one of the acceptances. I wouldn't bother taking TESU courses.

Thank you! 

The only reason why I would take the coursework is that this is one of my top 3 programs. I don't mind attending the other ones if I have no choice but given the opportunity, I would still save a lot of money and time if I attended this program in the long run. If I can still attend, I will. The time or money for these courses doesn't bother me either. Looking back, I do wish I could have just taken 24-30 units AT TESU so I wouldn't run into this problem.

(02-04-2019, 09:53 PM)MNomadic Wrote: That's such a strange requirement. Especially since you DO have real B&M credits to satisfy prereqs.

What about the other 2 programs that accepted you? Maybe those would be a better choice?

Otherwise I guess you could request a waiver for that strange requirement since you have a fairly unique circumstance with your degree. I mean if you were good enough to be accepted, why would they want you to have a bunch of other unnecessary courses?

Alternatively, does it matter what courses you take at TESU to satisfy the requirement? Could they be TECEPS? Could they be easy LL courses?

It really is quite a strange requirement. I agree with you. Those are a good choice but the location is the only tough part as they are far from where I live. I would obviously attend a program this year and avoid reapplying so if it comes down to it, I'm attending one school that accepted me.

I'm currently trying to work with the school and see what I can come up.

I do not believe it matters which courses I take; just that I am full-time student for 2 semesters. Therefore, I turned to the forum and asked what you guys think would be the easiest classes to take so I can get it over with, in a relatively short amount of time. Smile
(02-04-2019, 09:53 PM)ashtonnewman Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 09:50 PM)TrailRunr Wrote: Congrats and good job proving us wrong. Just take one of the acceptances. I wouldn't bother taking TESU courses.

Thank you! 

The only reason why I would take the coursework is that this is one of my top 3 programs. I don't mind attending the other ones if I have no choice but given the opportunity, I would still save a lot of money and time if I attended this program in the long run. If I can still attend, I will. The time or money for these courses doesn't bother me either. Looking back, I do wish I could have just taken 24-30 units AT TESU so I wouldn't run into this problem.

(02-04-2019, 09:53 PM)MNomadic Wrote: That's such a strange requirement. Especially since you DO have real B&M credits to satisfy prereqs.

It really is quite a strange requirement. I agree with you. Those are a good choice but the location is the only tough part as they are far from where I live. I would obviously attend a program this year and avoid reapplying so if it comes down to it, I'm attending one school that accepted me.

I'm currently trying to work with the school and see what I can come up.

I do not believe it matters which courses I take; just that I am full-time student for 2 semesters. Therefore, I turned to the forum and asked what you guys think would be the easiest classes to take so I can get it over with, in a relatively short amount of time. Smile

Interesting, if you can do TECEPs to satisfy the requirement then I think it would be quite doable. Low cost, low time commitment, lower stress.

Also, does it matter if you take courses/TECEPs that overlap with credits you already have? I guess if they allow it to be any credits, and allow it to be TECEPS, then you could just take a bunch of TECEPs on subjects you already know or that are easier. Not sure what classes you've already done but since you've been accepted into 3 PA programs, here are some that'd probably be easy for you:
- Medical terminology
- intro to biology
- the science of nutrition
- applied liberal arts math
- learning in the digital age
- intro to sociology
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Call them and ask what they're really looking for. Be upfront and tell them everything like TESU is an online school. They're not happy with your transcript and you don't want to be surprised again. Tell them upfront you're taking two semesters (12 credits) with CR/NC courses and put it in writing if it is OK. You won't have a GPA or any graded credits. Then you can take your 8 TECEPs over two terms. If they want graded credits, then ask them if they need those credits in specific subjects like UL bio courses with lab and if it's ok if this is 100% online. No point in hiding the perceived blemishes of TESU with this school.

But honestly, life is too short to do another year of undergrad as a postbac. You almost would have been better off doing B&M if your goal was this particular school. I would just take one of the other acceptances even if geographically disadvantageous and move on.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
The other issue is, I'm not sure how TESU treats the credits if you already graduated. And, be aware that TECEP's, while they don't say TECEP, also say CR if you pass, so they may not like that. I'm not really certain, and I'd find out.

I guess you could apply as a degree-seeking student for something like the BSBA or whatever you don't already have, and do the Comprehensive Plan with the Study.com discount ($6350 for a year), and take 12cr over a couple of non-overlapping terms, and then wait a few months and do it over again.

It's really hard to tell what this school wants. Since you're basically already accepted, and they just want this weird thing, hopefully you're saving a LOT of money (enough to make it worth your time and money to do this). I would double-check with them before you enroll and spend a bunch of time and money on this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
To reply to the previous few posts, I already called and spoke to TESU. I would be considered a non-degree seeking student and would have to pay around $525/credit which amounts to a solid price. However, the potential amount of money that can be saved (living home, car, food, lower tuition, and support) really make it worth it. Obviously, this is an investment in the future.

In regards to the TECEP, I do not think the school cares so much about WHAT the classes are so much as they do about me simply doing it. I already completed all the required Pre-Reqs. I will most definitely get it in writing about what is required from me so I do not run into any issues as well as making it clear that they would be online. I just want to see my options before I make a final decision. 

I am getting all the detail in writing and making sure it's signed before I commit to anything and paying. I'm also debating taking the other acceptance and simply moving on. It is definitely an unusual case; no doubt about that!
(02-05-2019, 01:53 AM)ashtonnewman Wrote: To reply to the previous few posts, I already called and spoke to TESU. I would be considered a non-degree seeking student and would have to pay around $525/credit which amounts to a solid price. However, the potential amount of money that can be saved (living home, car, food, lower tuition, and support) really make it worth it. Obviously, this is an investment in the future.

In regards to the TECEP, I do not think the school cares so much about WHAT the classes are so much as they do about me simply doing it. I already completed all the required Pre-Reqs. I will most definitely get it in writing about what is required from me so I do not run into any issues as well as making it clear that they would be online. I just want to see my options before I make a final decision. 

I am getting all the detail in writing and making sure it's signed before I commit to anything and paying. I'm also debating taking the other acceptance and simply moving on. It is definitely an unusual case; no doubt about that!

Why wouldn't you take a Study.com course, apply as a degree-seeking student, and pay $366/cr instead?  Or apply as a degree-seeking student and enroll in the comprehensive plan for $6350 for a year?  There is no need to do it the way TESU is saying at all.  Just pick a degree, apply for it, and then don't do any of the courses required for it - just do the courses you want to do.  All of the easiest things you can.  If TECEP's are an option, there are some really easy ones (I can give you a list).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-05-2019, 10:35 AM)Thank you very much for the response and offer!I only have till about August/September to complete the coursework so I\m not sure if that is the best move or plan of action. So I could apply as degree seeking and then take whatever classes I need but I'm not sure TESU would be willing to work with that or transfer those classes (unless you're saying that they do). I'd appreciate a list of TECEPs, that'd be great! dfrecore Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 01:53 AM)ashtonnewman Wrote: To reply to the previous few posts, I already called and spoke to TESU. I would be considered a non-degree seeking student and would have to pay around $525/credit which amounts to a solid price. However, the potential amount of money that can be saved (living home, car, food, lower tuition, and support) really make it worth it. Obviously, this is an investment in the future.

Why wouldn't you take a Study.com course, apply as a degree-seeking student, and pay $366/cr instead?  Or apply as a degree-seeking student and enroll in the comprehensive plan for $6350 for a year?  There is no need to do it the way TESU is saying at all.  Just pick a degree, apply for it, and then don't do any of the courses required for it - just do the courses you want to do.  All of the easiest things you can.  If TECEP's are an option, there are some really easy ones (I can give you a list).
(02-05-2019, 02:17 PM)ashtonnewman Wrote: Thank you very much for the response and offer!I only have till about August/September to complete the coursework so I\m not sure if that is the best move or plan of action. So I could apply as degree seeking and then take whatever classes I need but I'm not sure TESU would be willing to work with that or transfer those classes (unless you're saying that they do). I'd appreciate a list of TECEPs, that'd be great!

There is really no difference between a degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking student other than the discounts. Just because you've applied as a degree-seeking student doesn't mean you can't change your mind later or that you have to graduate. However, if you're a degree-seeking student then you can take advantage of the discounted tuition options.

I also recommend just applying as a degree-seeking student. You don't have to get permission from TESU to do this, you're just a normal student in their eyes.

Either way, any courses you take from TESU will show up on your transcript and can be used for academic purposes elsewhere.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(02-05-2019, 08:09 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 02:17 PM)ashtonnewman Wrote: Thank you very much for the response and offer!I only have till about August/September to complete the coursework so I\m not sure if that is the best move or plan of action. So I could apply as degree seeking and then take whatever classes I need but I'm not sure TESU would be willing to work with that or transfer those classes (unless you're saying that they do). I'd appreciate a list of TECEPs, that'd be great!

There is really no difference between a degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking student other than the discounts. Just because you've applied as a degree-seeking student doesn't mean you can't change your mind later or that you have to graduate. However, if you're a degree-seeking student then you can take advantage of the discounted tuition options.

I also recommend just applying as a degree-seeking student. You don't have to get permission from TESU to do this, you're just a normal student in their eyes.

Either way, any courses you take from TESU will show up on your transcript and can be used for academic purposes elsewhere.

This is a good idea. I would say that if this shows up on another transcript, then the school may not accept it. They would want me to take it under the same transcript I graduated from.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 629 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
Smile BACS: COS-2050 Python Programming VS COS-4510 AI,which course is easier? Felisa 5 467 01-21-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,580 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 455 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Has anyone taken any of these classes? Insert Name 16 1,241 11-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Best source to verify which classes transfer to TESU? muu9 5 1,127 10-17-2022, 05:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Dual Major - Upper Level Credit Requirements for 2nd Degree StudiousTraveller 9 1,001 10-13-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  Any Recommended (Ace) Lower level Finance Area of Study classes? SamTrulli 3 675 10-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia IT classes to TESU JenninMN 5 1,214 09-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  question on TESU non-proctored degree classes? EducationSeeker 7 1,533 08-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker