Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest Bachelor Degrees with current college/CLEP/AP credit?
Hey guys. I am looking to get a 4 year degree completely online, without visiting one of these top 3 universities. I'm concerned more so with speed than cost. I just left LSU, where I had 80ish cumulative credits (this is a combination of actual courses, AP scores, CLEP tests, transferred credits from 2 community colleges, and placement tests).

I created an excel document with my current credits
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2336[/ATTACH]

I would really appreciate you all recommending degree programs for me. While I would prefer something like Computer Science or Mathematics, I might be interested in something like Psychology or Business as well. Any paths that you can suggest where I do not need to attend a university in-person, I'd appreciate!!

LINK TO CREDITS EARNED IN HD: http://imgur.com/ijmNONb

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Courses.jpg (Size: 19.94 KB / Downloads: 5)
A BA in Liberal Studies degree (BALS) or other general / liberal arts degree is easiest because the requirements are more flexible.

Psychology or Business are very popular and there are many course options available.

Computer Science or Math would require some expensive classes, but you can do those without in-person classes Smile

Hmmm. I think I found the one for me!

http://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/Computer-Science.cfm
Wittiest Wrote:Hmmm. I think I found the one for me!

Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science at Thomas Edison State University

That's a great program, the BA Comp Sci at TESU. You have a lot of credits already, so I would recommend the following:
Review this thread: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...stion.html
Download both the spreadsheets from dfrecore and davewill, substitute your classes that you want in your own spreadsheet.

You will now know what options you have for your degree and use it as a reference/tracking tool.
For lower level, complete the rest at a CC or finish them at Straighterline/Study.com
For harder to find UL courses, you can take it at APUS/AMU, they're completely online.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'd also check out WGU's IT and Business programs. With that many credits, you could possibly complete your degree in one term which would cost $3,000.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:I'd also check out WGU's IT and Business programs. With that many credits, you could possibly complete your degree in one term which would cost $3,000.

I'm assuming that for any of these possibilities, I have to fully apply to see how my credits are evaluated? I'm honestly most interested in getting something in the Computer Science or Mathematics or Business/Management majors, but finding the best program for my situation seems really tough.
Wittiest Wrote:I'm assuming that for any of these possibilities, I have to fully apply to see how my credits are evaluated? I'm honestly most interested in getting something in the Computer Science or Mathematics or Business/Management majors, but finding the best program for my situation seems really tough.

Actually, you're doing just fine in your situation, others have it "worse" or in fact, starting from scratch. You have most of your credits transferable (~60).
WGU is a great choice, they have a free application going on right now, WHY NOT right?! See what they have for you as your options...
Essentially, depending on the degree and who you go with, you may have up to those ~60 going into the degree!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I show you with 68cr towards the BA in CS at TESU. Some of the courses are duplicates (AP Bio and Bio I & II; AP English and English Comp I & II). The only question is, did you take both AP English exams (English Comp & English Lit)? If so, then you'll probably get another 6cr in Lit that will go towards Gen Ed/Free Electives. That would put you at 74cr.

For Gen Ed's you only need Public Speaking, World Religions/A&I Lit/Tech Writing (Info Lit requirement), and American Government. You can take any/all of these courses at SL or Study.com (other options as well). You need 16cr and those can also be had just about anywhere (some even free).

That just leaves your Area of Study, all of which can be tested out of, or taken online.

I have a spreadsheet that will help.

One caveat - if you sign up with Study.com, you get a great discount at TESU. Online courses can be taken there for $1098, they waive the cornerstone course, and the residency waiver is only $1800. So use them for at least 2 courses (you pay $199 for a month, and that includes 2 courses). I used this assumption when showing the courses you needed and costs for those. Also, Discrete Math/Linear Algebra and Data Structures will not be able to be tested out of, but they don't have to be UL. I put in a cost of $500, but it just depends on where you take them.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Wittiest TESU BA CS.xlsx (Size: 42.67 KB / Downloads: 24)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Wittiest Wrote:I'm assuming that for any of these possibilities, I have to fully apply to see how my credits are evaluated? I'm honestly most interested in getting something in the Computer Science or Mathematics or Business/Management majors, but finding the best program for my situation seems really tough.

It's free to apply and you can immediately submit your transcripts and have them evaluated - it takes 3 to 10 days depending on how busy they are. My son did this a full year before actually enrolling - he was assigned an enrollment counselor who he could then reach out to to confirm transfer eligibility of each course before he took it.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
dfrecore Wrote:I show you with 68cr towards the BA in CS at TESU.

Thank you so much for adding my courses to that spreadsheet for me! You've really helped me; now I can see exactly what I need to do!!

I appreciate the advice on the Study.com discount!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,501 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,060 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,947 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  TESU Degrees and Middle East Countries laoshijeff 5 2,765 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Last Post: teacher2
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,088 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,850 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 27,015 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,826 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,687 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999