Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Easiest/Quickest Remaining Sophia Courses?
Hey all,

I've finished all the Sophia courses I needed to take and I have 9 days of subscription left. I put the list of 0 touchstone courses that I haven't taken below. I'm thinking of taking Art History II next since I'm assuming it's as easy as Art History I (finished Art History I in a day), but does anyone have any other recommendations for which of these are the quickest I can take in only a few days?

Accounting
Art History II
College Algebra
Introduction to Chemistry
Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Relational Databases
Introduction to Statistics
Principles of Finance

Thanks!
(04-26-2022, 05:03 PM)bdarei Wrote: Hey all,

I've finished all the Sophia courses I needed to take and I have 9 days of subscription left. I put the list of 0 touchstone courses that I haven't taken below. I'm thinking of taking Art History II next since I'm assuming it's as easy as Art History I (finished Art History I in a day), but does anyone have any other recommendations for which of these are the quickest I can take in only a few days?

Accounting
Art History II
College Algebra
Introduction to Chemistry
Introduction to Ethics
Principles of Finance

Thanks!

easiest probably
Introduction to Ethics
Art History II
Accounting
Principles of Finance

Tough ones based on reports:

Introduction to Chemistry I'm not sure about. Normally this would be a tough course elsewhere but an open book course may be easier. I did the 1st lesson and didn't seem too hard but might get harder later on in the course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Mr T
Basically, it all depends... Is there a reason you need more classes from Sophia.org? If it's just for "learning" then take them in any random order to your interests first.  Or if you prefer, I usually look at the number of quizzes/milestones/touchstones and go through them in order of the least amount to do and work up that way.  Here's the equivalency link, I would take courses that go towards your degree first and foremost.  https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I was able to do Environmental science in 3 days.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
If you're good at math/stats, the algebra/statistics courses are quick. Obviously not so quick for people that struggle with those subjects. I know you were trying to exclude touchstone courses but some courses like communication at work are very quick and the touchstone can be done in much quicker than you think(it involves drafting an email and a quick instant message if I remember correctly).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
For me Art History II would be my pick from this list. The math classes took me a few weeks each. Math is not my fav subject. Having said that, I would focus on what I need for my degree not just take random classes and hope they transfer.
Intro to Ethics and Art History II are the easiest in the list. They can both be done within 3 days each for sure, if you speed a lot. 9 Days is a lot for 1 of them. Principles of Finance is pretty easy to do fast too, but there is a bigger risk of failing it.
Which school are you planning to get your degree from? You're almost certainly going to need algebra from somewhere. If you want a business degree, both Principles of Finance and Accounting can be useful. Depending on what degree you're going after, you might want to consider subscribing for another month to finish everything on that list except for Relational Databases.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! The order I'll do these is: Art II History II > Intro to Ethics > Accounting > Principles of Finance > Intro to Chemistry. I probably won't have enough time to do all of them, but it's nice to have a plan lol.

For everyone asking about my degree plans:
Right now my focus is on just getting the Pierpont BOG degree. Unfortunately, I don't currently have enough time or money to dedicate to a Bachelors, plus I still haven't firmly decided on a major yet. For now, having an AAS will check a box and let me get a higher paying job, which is my immediate goal. Once I have time and money to focus on a Bachelors, I'll decide what I want to major in and can get another month of Sophia for whichever courses I'll need then.

I've avoided the math and statistics courses because I stopped doing the Khan Academy exercises a few months ago and I've forgotten everything I was learning. The Intro to College Math and Foundations of Statistics courses were struggles. I'll probably start up Khan Academy again and do the College Algebra and Stats courses after a few months of re-learning everything.

Thanks again everyone for the help and advice! I really appreciate it!
If you have not yet decided on a degree, I would recommend you take all the credits at instantcert too, quick and cheap. And the CSM course at smilabs.org, it should help you to get started with math and statistics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastTrackDegree's post:
  • ISKBizz15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,328 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 604 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,960 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet