Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Easiest" Statistics and Probability course?
Yeah, looks like that's next on my list. I finished SL's Stats at a 63%; not enough to transfer of course.

You know, my friend works for a school that partners with TESU to help people finish their degrees, and she says that TESU told her that SL's Statistics and Probability course isn't accepted because it's not accredited. That makes zero sense if the Saylor course is essentially what they use for their own TECEP. Can anyone confirm this?
Gymfan15 Wrote:Yeah, looks like that's next on my list. I finished SL's Stats at a 63%; not enough to transfer of course.

You know, my friend works for a school that partners with TESU to help people finish their degrees, and she says that TESU told her that SL's Statistics and Probability course isn't accepted because it's not accredited. That makes zero sense if the Saylor course is essentially what they use for their own TECEP. Can anyone confirm this?

LOL, no. That's not true, they have a "partnership" as the materials are the same from both Saylor/Straighterline for $25 bucks at either location as it's actually "free" but the ProctorU cost was $25. You can take it at either location, I just got 65% on that one exam and I didn't really care which provider as long as I got my ACE credit, after bombing that, I took the SL Business Statistics (algebra based) and I went through the course and exams - passing at 85%!

All in All, it's ACE recommended for credit, as ACE doesn't accredit anything. TESU has their right to accept or reject anything from SL or ACE, it happens that they accept the credit as 3 college credits for Stats. See their website details here: Introduction to Statistics Course Online for Credit | StraighterLine

Note: In addition to links to the Saylor course content for Microbiology, students who enroll in MAT202 via StraighterLine are provided access to proprietary services and materials which comprise the full ACE credit recommendation. All Saylor content is available free at Saylor.org (no purchase necessary); Saylor receives no compensation for student use of the content.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Gymfan15 Wrote:Yeah, looks like that's next on my list. I finished SL's Stats at a 63%; not enough to transfer of course.

SL is definitely not accredited, because it's not a school. Only actual colleges can be accredited (at least in what we're discussing here). SL is a course provider that has ACE-recommended courses, just like Saylor, Study.com, Propero, etc. CLEP, DSST are also ACE-recommended exams, but not accredited.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Right; I get that; it's all about the ACE recommendation. It's just that my friend was told by TESU that they won't take the ACE recommendation for SL's Intro to Stats course because of Saylor, which doesn't make any sense because they DO take other Saylor courses.

Has anyone had any success transferring in the SL Intro to Stats course to TESU to fulfill the Math requirement?
In this very own thread, you may have read that rowan555's son took the course twice, the second final had lesser questions. That is where he got 3 credit for $25.
However, his son is going to WGU. That doesn't mean TESU won't take it, if you read on their webpage, it even shows the equivalency.

TESU Open Source ASBA (All Saylor Courses) - Open Course Option
TESU ACP (Alternative Credit Project - ACE Recommendations) - Alternative Credit Project

LOL, I wouldn't trust a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who works at TESU, I'll just "listen" to what advice they have, but not completely believe it without research.
Hope you have peace in mind now that you know it transfers as per their own website vs what others tell you... Hope your other courses are the same, don't fret over it.

Anyways, I really would recommend doing what rowan555's son did, retake the course at $25.
If all else fails, my other recommendation is to finish it with SL's Business Statistics at $59.

Gymfan15 Wrote:Right; I get that; it's all about the ACE recommendation. It's just that my friend was told by TESU that they won't take the ACE recommendation for SL's Intro to Stats course because of Saylor, which doesn't make any sense because they DO take other Saylor courses.

Has anyone had any success transferring in the SL Intro to Stats course to TESU to fulfill the Math requirement?

Lots of people have. It says on SL's website that TESU will take it, and as a specific course number. This info is directly from TESU.

Your friend is misinformed. They either asked the question in a strange way, didn't understand what the person at TESU was saying, or talked to someone at TESU that didn't know what they were talking about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My daughter took the course within the last 6 months and it was transferred in no problem. She also did ALEKS so we know how the story ended with TESU not taking duplicate stat credits (seems like I might have reminded her of this prior but she wanted to double confirm Wink

Straighterline does a great job of keeping the transfer credits up to date. If it is on their list, there is a high percentage the information is correct.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Heads up...checked today, and StraigherLine has changed their Intro to Stats course...it is now 69 dollars and furnished through Acrobatiq. The grading format is now 70/30 like most other SL classes (not 50/50 like the Saylor verison). Haven't looked into it beyond that, but they literally *just* changed this over.
Are you available for tutoring with Aleks for intro to stats.
suzettew Wrote:Are you available for tutoring with Aleks for intro to stats.

You should go for Straighterline Business Stats OR the Study.com Stats course as both are much much easier.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 603 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Business 212 business statistics thepoetvd776 1 700 11-24-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,364 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
  Easiest LL & UL Class on Study.com dragonwolf 13 3,477 07-21-2022, 01:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best place/easiest for English Comp I? suzycupcake 13 2,284 06-21-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Easiest/Quickest Remaining Sophia Courses? bdarei 21 15,015 05-22-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list? cdickerson0601 9 4,655 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Statistics - options now (quick and easy) allvia 5 1,114 04-29-2022, 05:39 PM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 7 2,251 12-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20