Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest TESU 1 Credit Course for gpa?
So wait, when you transfer in classes from other sources, the F's and W's go on TESU's Transcript too? Not just the classes you need for the degree?
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
(12-25-2017, 08:15 PM)Toastmaster Wrote: So wait, when you transfer in classes from other sources, the F's and W's go on TESU's Transcript too?  Not just the classes you need for the degree?

That's not what I was talking about.

When you go to a school, and take classes there, you get a GPA.  At that school.

Later, if you transfer to another school like TESU, they bring in your COURSES, but not your grades.

Your GPA at TESU is based on whatever graded courses you take there.

For each school that you go to, you will have a separate GPA.

So, no, TESU does not calculate a GPA based on transfers.  And, no, they don't bring in courses that don't meet their grade requirements.  But they will bring in every class that you took that meets the grade requirement (D- or above for Gen Eds and Free Electives except English Comp needs C or above, and any courses in the AOS needs C or above as well), and put those on your transcript.

But this has nothing to do with the fact that you don't get to calculate your own GPA and leave off bad grades, nor does it have to do with having a weighted GPA, or what an college or employer might look at in the future.  Every transcript, even the ones with bad grades, may be asked for (they will certainly be asked for by colleges you may want to go to in the future).  You don't get to pick and choose what you send, and leave out the bad stuff (which we would ALL do if possible, obviously).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-25-2017, 04:13 PM)Toastmaster Wrote:
(12-25-2017, 10:30 AM)davewill Wrote: Do you have ANY graded credits from anywhere? If so, you should just combine them into a GPA and claim that rather than spend money or time on this slightly farcical pursuit of a meaningless GPA.

I thought about that too, but I also have a whole lot of W's and a couple of F's (for failing to withdraw in time) on my Community College Transcript. I didn't want questions to be asked about why I am counting the classes I passed (adding up to a 3.2 gpa), yet not counting the F's. That seems a bit disengenuos. Far more so than just starting over with one class from TESU.
In that case, trying to claim a 4.0 is simply a fraud. If an employer caught you at it, it would be a firing offense.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Anyone in the future who wants a GPA is going to ask for ALL transcripts... Not just the TESU transcript. And as a matter of fact, having only one graded credit is going to raise more questions and probably trigger asking for more info anyway. You already have a GPA from your other colleges. I personally wouldn't waste any more time taking an extra course from TESU because it won't change your overall GPA anyway.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • jsd
That's not true. My wife went to two schools (graduated with two degrees from of them), and all her employers have ever asked her over the years is what school she graduated from, and that school's transcripts. They never asked for the other school's transcript, even though that school credits are listed clearly as transfer credits.

(12-27-2017, 05:57 PM)rlw74 Wrote: Anyone in the future who wants a GPA is going to ask for ALL transcripts... Not just the TESU transcript. And as a s of fact, having only one graded credit is going to raise more questions and probably trigger asking for more info anyway. You already have a GPA from your other colleges. I personally wouldn't waste any more time taking an extra course from TESU because it won't change your overall GPA anyway.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

That may be the case but I've had the opposite happen. And besides, were the employers concerned over GPA or just that she could provide proof of graduation or demonstration of certain courses completed? The OP is specifically concerned over GPA. Most employers don't care about GPA but a grad school definitely will. Point is, one credit graded at TESU probably isn't going to make a difference. A 4.0 based on 1 credit isn't worth much. I would never pass myself off as having a 4.0 with only my capstone grade.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(12-27-2017, 09:17 PM)Toastmaster Wrote: That's not true.  My wife went to two schools (graduated with two degrees from of them), and all her employers have ever asked her over the years is what school she graduated from, and that school's transcripts.  They never asked for the other school's transcript, even though that school credits are listed clearly as transfer credits.

(12-27-2017, 05:57 PM)rlw74 Wrote: Anyone in the future who wants a GPA is going to ask for ALL transcripts... Not just the TESU transcript. And as a s of fact, having only one graded credit is going to raise more questions and probably trigger asking for more info anyway. You already have a GPA from your other colleges. I personally wouldn't waste any more time taking an extra course from TESU because it won't change your overall GPA anyway.

I didn't say that EVERYONE will want all of your transcripts - I said that an employer or school who is concerned about your GPA will want them all.

An employer who just wants to verify that you graduated and doesn't care about GPA will be fine with the final school transcript.  But there are some employers, especially in some fields, that want to see grades and courses.

Schools will also want ALL transcripts.  Even ones who don't have a rule for what you GPA has to be, like TESU or WGU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The vast majority of employers don't care about a gpa, even when they ask for one (and many do ask for one) and that's not even why I am seeking the gpa, LOL!

Hey, look, I'm not sure how this thread got off topic, but genuinely thanks, everyone, for your insight and opinions. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,638 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,589 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore