Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest graded RA credits
I wonder if anyone has tried to ask the professor if they can redo the assignment for a higher grade or even redo the entire course?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I remember a post or a thread somewhere (quora, reddit, sister board?), students posted the "average" acceptance from each of their law schools and there was a calculation made for the "chance" to get into the school of their choice. Most Ivy League or Top 14 required X GPA, X on the LSAT or above, etc...

As I mentioned earlier, focusing on one item isn't going to get you there, the other items make up the full package. Some people with a higher GPA and LSAT score didn't get past the interview compared to someone with a slightly lower GPA and LSAT, it really depends on the interview after the application...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • k-k-k-katy, studyingfortests
(08-09-2022, 03:29 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I wonder if anyone has tried to ask the professor if they can redo the assignment for a higher grade or even redo the entire course?

If you retake a course, LSAC will include the final grades from both courses in their calculation.

There are a few websites that will calculate your chance of getting into certain laws schools based on data they have from self-reports.

Someone with a 3.9 GPA and 170 LSAT score might get selected over someone with a 4.0 GPA and 172 LSAT score. When candidates are this close, other items in the application packet matter more. However, that doesn't change the fact that your GPA and LSAT score are the biggest factors, and someone with a significantly lower LSAT score and GPA has almost no chance of being selected over the other person. That person won't even get to the interview at a competitive law school.

Some schools post the stats of their law school classes where they might show the lowest LSAT score and GPA accepted. But, since the OP has a very high GPA, this shouldn't even be a concern. Energy would be better spent on studying for the LSAT.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(08-10-2022, 11:51 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 03:29 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I wonder if anyone has tried to ask the professor if they can redo the assignment for a higher grade or even redo the entire course?

If you retake a course, LSAC will include the final grades from both courses in their calculation.

There are a few websites that will calculate your chance of getting into certain laws schools based on data they have from self-reports.

Someone with a 3.9 GPA and 170 LSAT score might get selected over someone with a 4.0 GPA and 172 LSAT score. When candidates are this close, other items in the application packet matter more. However, that doesn't change the fact that your GPA and LSAT score are the biggest factors, and someone with a significantly lower LSAT score and GPA has almost no chance of being selected over the other person. That person won't even get to the interview at a competitive law school.

Some schools post the stats of their law school classes where they might show the lowest LSAT score and GPA accepted. But, since the OP has a very high GPA, this shouldn't even be a concern. Energy would be better spent on studying for the LSAT.
You can actually find this data on the LSAC website: https://www.lsac.org/choosing-law-school...d-programs
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 2 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
The person on this thread had a 4.0 from TESU and a 176 LSAT and got a 90% scholarship to both Cornell and Northwestern.

I believe in terms of scholarships, they are looking mainly at your LSAT score. 

Cornell
https://www.lsac.org/choosing-law-school...ms/cornell

Northwestern
https://www.lsac.org/choosing-law-school...rthwestern
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
mysonx3 did exactly 60 RA credits if I recall correctly, you can review their signature, the rest came from ACE sources, he also did a double major. Focus should be on the GPA and LSAT, then the "other" details that make the admissions package complete. For the GPA, it's great to shoot for 4.0 but I wouldn't spend too much time when you've got a competitive GPA over 3.9+, the focus is to get the LSAT over 170+. And if you need anything more other than the GPA/LSAT for requirements, make sure to complete them as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-10-2022, 04:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: mysonx3 did exactly 60 RA credits if I recall correctly, you can review their signature, the rest came from ACE sources, he also did a double major.  Focus should be on the GPA and LSAT, then the "other" details that make the admissions package complete.  For the GPA, it's great to shoot for 4.0 but I wouldn't spend too much time when you've got a competitive GPA over 3.9+, the focus is to get the LSAT over 170+.  And if you need anything more other than the GPA/LSAT for requirements, make sure to complete them as well...

"In order to have a GPA included in your application for law schools, the Law School Admissions Council requires you to earn at least 60 graded semester credits before your bachelor's degree is conferred," said mysonx3

One thing I will say about TESU is that the exams are tough. I got B's for my exams though I didn't study enough. (2hrs for some) The TESU exams often will have essay questions. If you don't know the specific topic, it will be impossible to answer the essay question.

For UMPI, it is quick and cheap to get 60 graded credits. At 5 courses a term, you're done in 4 terms or 8 months. 

For PUG at 5 courses a term, you're done in 4 terms or 12 months.

For SNHU, they'll let you only do 2 courses for the first 2 terms, then 3 after that.  So that's around 16 months.

If you are doing 60 credits at these schools, double majoring is a good idea.

In all those schools, it's easy to earn a high GPA if you know how to work the system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-09-2022, 10:58 AM)freeloader Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 05:41 AM)K  evanmonast Wrote: I am aware that UMPI operates on a 4.0 scale but it does not impact me. I am not applying to UMPI, I am applying to law school. Law school GPAs are up to 4.33. LSAC will take my A+s at UMPI and boost my gpa. This is what I'm talking about, if you don't know how it works then why are you arguing with me? I really don't need application advice from people who have never applied, no offense. I just wanted to know if there were other A+ granting institutions out there.

My GPA is a 3.97 so getting an A does next to nothing but even if I had a 3.67 it would still be beneficial to chase A+s over As anyway lol that was a poor attempt at an insult.
This is asked out of curiosity with no ulterior motive: why do you think boosting your GPA is necessary?  Your 3.97 is above the median GPA for every law school in the country. Assuming you have an LSAT in the 170s, you should have an excellent chance to be admitted to one (or more) of the top schools.  If your LSAT isn’t the 170’s, why are you focusing on GPA rather than LSAT?  If your LSAT is solid, I am just wondering about your logic to boost your GPA.  

I am assuming you are aiming for one of the top 5 or so schools. Worth remembering that they all take transfers. Harvard, for instance, took 71 transfers for the last year that was reported. A good friend (and study buddy) of my wife at a top-30 law school transferred to Yale after 1L.

Yes I am applying to T3 and others. I am aware that I am above every median in the country however I am unwilling to even pay a penny towards law school so if I don't get a full ride I'm not going. And I won't go below T20 so every bit of an edge I can get the better. I am military, bilingual, and have years of work experience so I'm not at all concerned with anything outside of GPA/LSAT. On practice tests I roam from anywhere between 168-174 but have a few more months to get that to 175+. I would just hate to waste the oppertunity to raise my GPA while others would do anything to be in my shoes.

(08-10-2022, 11:51 AM)sanantone Wrote:

There are schools with 75th percentile GPAs of a 4.0 that aren't even known for their prestige. I won't go anywhere without a full ride so I cannot afford to not at least meet the 75th percentile for GPA/LSAT

(08-10-2022, 05:33 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 04:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: mysonx3 did exactly 60 RA credits if I recall correctly, you can review their signature, the rest came from ACE sources, he also did a double major.  Focus should be on the GPA and LSAT, then the "other" details that make the admissions package complete.  For the GPA, it's great to shoot for 4.0 but I wouldn't spend too much time when you've got a competitive GPA over 3.9+, the focus is to get the LSAT over 170+.  And if you need anything more other than the GPA/LSAT for requirements, make sure to complete them as well...

"In order to have a GPA included in your application for law schools, the Law School Admissions Council requires you to earn at least 60 graded semester credits before your bachelor's degree is conferred," said mysonx3

One thing I will say about TESU is that the exams are tough. I got B's for my exams though I didn't study enough. (2hrs for some) The TESU exams often will have essay questions. If you don't know the specific topic, it will be impossible to answer the essay question.

For UMPI, it is quick and cheap to get 60 graded credits. At 5 courses a term, you're done in 4 terms or 8 months. 

For PUG at 5 courses a term, you're done in 4 terms or 12 months.

For SNHU, they'll let you only do 2 courses for the first 2 terms, then 3 after that.  So that's around 16 months.

If you are doing 60 credits at these schools, double majoring is a good idea.

In all those schools, it's easy to earn a high GPA if you know how to work the system.
I agree, UMPI was extremely quick and almost too easy. I did 10 courses a term for 2 terms. I was hoping there was another school I could work the system at Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes evanmonast's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 238 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,781 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,565 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,917 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 947 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,073 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 706 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,134 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  TEL Learning - your new best friend (cheap RA credits) dfrecore 107 18,943 10-17-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Olivet YourWay, How to get RA Credits Antonella 14 2,110 10-16-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: rachel83az