Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest site to satisfy math courses for Business degree
I am seeking the easiest site(s) to complete math credits for a business degree. I am awful at math. I need to take:
  • Principles of Accounting or Financial Accounting
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Principles of Finance
  • Microeconomics
  • Macreconomics
  • Business Statistics or Statistics
Thanks for your help.
(10-28-2019, 03:06 AM)NeverDone Wrote: I am seeking the easiest site(s) to complete math credits for a business degree. I am awful at math. I need to take:
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Principles of Finance
  • Microeconomics
  • Macreconomics
Thanks for your help.

If you are going to TESU, I would recommend taking the CSMLearn as a great place to start and build your confidence in your math skills. It should meet the Stats/Quantitative Business Skills Math requirement for the Business degree.
For Principles of Accounting and Microeconomics onlinedegree would be the cheapest option and I've heard these courses are fairly straight forward. SDC would probably be my second choice.
For Macroeconomics I would use SDC.
For Business Stats and everything else I would recommend SL or SDC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • Clepper43
It all depends on which school you're going to get your degree from, I think you're going with TESU right? My recommendation would be to take some at the usual providers, namely Study.com and Straighterline - both for ease, pass rate, and simplicity.

You can try other recommended ACE providers, I would check each course syllabus to verify it's for you. Straighterline business courses have an open book exam, so it'll be easier to pass. Study.com is great as they break things down into smaller chunks, the final exam and assignments are manageable as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-28-2019, 03:33 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 03:06 AM)NeverDone Wrote: I am seeking the easiest site(s) to complete math credits for a business degree. I am awful at math. I need to take:
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Principles of Finance
  • Microeconomics
  • Macreconomics
Thanks for your help.

If you are going to TESU, I would recommend taking the CSMLearn as a great place to start and build your confidence in your math skills. It should meet the Stats/Quantitative Business Skills Math requirement for the Business degree.
For Principles of Accounting and Microeconomics onlinedegree would be the cheapest option and I've heard these courses are fairly straight forward. SDC would probably be my second choice.
I am looking at TESU, COSC or WGU. Thanks for your suggestions.

• Managerial Accounting
  • Principles of Finance
  • Microeconomics
  • Macreconomics
Thanks for your help.

(10-28-2019, 03:34 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It all depends on which school you're going to get your degree from, I think you're going with TESU right?  My recommendation would be to take some at the usual providers, namely Study.com and Straighterline - both for ease, pass rate, and simplicity.  

You can try other recommended ACE providers, I would check each course syllabus to verify it's for you.   Straighterline business courses have an open book exam, so it'll be easier to pass.  Study.com is great as they break things down into smaller chunks, the final exam and assignments are manageable as well.
You're right. I'm looking at TESU, COSC and WGU. Thanks for the headsup about SL exams being open book.
WOW, LOL, Shadowgem beat me by a minute! BTW, if you're applying to WGU - they will not accept NCCRS which means, no Coopersmith, Davar, Onlinedegree.com, etc. They will accept ACE credits though, so any ALEKS, Sophia, StraighterLine, Study.com, etc will work just fine.

And finally, since you've hit these schools, if you've taken any SL/Study.com courses, Excelsior College has a free application for admissions, apply to all of the Big 3 and WGU (also has free applications) to see who provides you the most amount of credits transferred and decide then which school fits your needs most.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • shadowgem
(10-28-2019, 09:49 AM)NeverDone Wrote:
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Principles of Finance
  • Microeconomics
  • Macreconomics
Thanks for your help.

If you take at least 2 SDC courses, you will qualify for an in-state tuition discount at TESU. So you will probably want to take at least two courses from there in case you decide to attend TESU. The ACE evaluation for the SDC statistics course expires on 11/30/19. Some prefer that course because it is more theory than math. Sophia is another great option for statistics. I would probably choose SDC/Sophia over SL for macro/micro.

At TESU, you can use the CSMLearn course to meet the mathematics (stats/quantitative business skills) requirement. However COSC should bring the CSMLearn course in as a Free Elective in Liberal Arts, so it will not meet the statistics requirement there. I am not sure how it would transfer into WGU. It's possible it could meet the Quantitative Analysis for Business requirement, but you would want to check with your enrollment adviser prior to taking it to be sure it would fit into your degree plan at WGU.

WGU will not accept courses that are from NCCRS evaluated providers. So you will probably want to stick to ACE only providers until you are sure which school you are attending. Onlinedegree is an NCCRS provider.

If you take at least at least 4 straighterline courses, you will qualify for scholarship benefits at either WGU or COSC. WGU will credit give you a credit of $50 tuition for up to 4 courses (so max benefit of $200) and you will get a scholarship of $500 off each term. COSC will discount your tuition and fees by 10%. So I would plan at least 4 SL courses. Here is a link for the Straighterline Exam Formats where you can see which courses are open book and what materials are allowed during your exams there.
(10-28-2019, 11:00 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:49 AM)NeverDone Wrote:
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Principles of Finance
  • Microeconomics
  • Macreconomics
Thanks for your help.

If you take at least 2 SDC courses, you will qualify for an in-state tuition discount at TESU. So you will probably want to take at least two courses from there in case you decide to attend TESU. The ACE evaluation for the SDC statistics course expires on 11/30/19. Some prefer that course because it is more theory than math. Sophia is another great option for statistics. I would probably choose SDC/Sophia over SL for macro/micro.

At TESU, you can use the CSMLearn course to meet the mathematics (stats/quantitative business skills) requirement. However COSC should bring the CSMLearn course in as a Free Elective in Liberal Arts, so it will not meet the statistics requirement there. I am not sure how it would transfer into WGU. It's possible it could meet the Quantitative Analysis for Business requirement, but you would want to check with your enrollment adviser prior to taking it to be sure it would fit into your degree plan at WGU.

WGU will not accept courses that are from NCCRS evaluated providers. So you will probably want to stick to ACE only providers until you are sure which school you are attending. Onlinedegree is an NCCRS provider.

If you take at least at least 4 straighterline courses, you will qualify for scholarship benefits at either WGU or COSC. WGU will credit give you a credit of $50 tuition for up to 4 courses (so max benefit of $200) and you will get a scholarship of $500 off each term. COSC will discount your tuition and fees by 10%. So I would plan at least 4 SL courses. Here is a link for the Straighterline Exam Formats where you can see which courses are open book and what materials are allowed during your exams there.
Wow, this is a wealth of information. I truly appreciate it. Thanks!  Smile

(10-28-2019, 10:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: WOW, LOL, Shadowgem beat me by a minute!  BTW, if you're applying to WGU - they will not accept NCCRS which means, no Coopersmith, Davar, Onlinedegree.com, etc.  They will accept ACE credits though, so any ALEKS, Sophia, StraighterLine, Study.com, etc will work just fine.  

And finally, since you've hit these schools, if you've taken any SL/Study.com courses, Excelsior College has a free application for admissions, apply to all of the Big 3 and WGU (also has free applications) to see who provides you the most amount of credits transferred and decide then which school fits your needs most.
Thank you very much for the NCCRS tip and about Excelsior's free application. I considered them but wanted to limit the app feesI pay this month since I want to spend the bulk of it on testing. Thank you again. I recently took advantage of WGUs free application but halted the process so I could complete a few math courses before they do a credit evaluation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 381 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,692 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,798 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,811 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77