Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern University
Georgia Tech and University of Texas - Austin has a Masters program, I would apply to both in addition to this and WGU. If you can't get into U of Texas program or the Georgia Tech (each being about 10K), then shoot for the Eastern one, and the cheapest would be the WGU option.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-08-2021, 07:08 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Georgia Tech has a cheap Analytics master's program that I applied to. I also applied to USC, which is expensive but should be covered by my tuition assistance.

You could always opt for a grad certificate. Lots of top schools have certificate programs now.

Thank you, I had just thought of transferring those credits to a graduate certificate and focus on probably cybersecurity instead.
(01-08-2021, 10:09 PM)eleverson Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 07:08 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Georgia Tech has a cheap Analytics master's program that I applied to. I also applied to USC, which is expensive but should be covered by my tuition assistance.

You could always opt for a grad certificate. Lots of top schools have certificate programs now.

Thank you, I had just thought of transferring those credits to a graduate certificate and focus on probably cybersecurity instead.

By the way, who do you think will most likely take my credits for a graduate data science certification?
https://csuglobal.edu/graduate/masters-d...-analytics

https://www.capella.edu/online-degrees/m...analytics/

https://www.snhu.edu/online-degrees/mast...-analytics

https://www.bellevue.edu/degrees/master/...lytics-ms/
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • eleverson
(01-08-2021, 05:38 PM)eleverson Wrote: I have new feedback about the program. I decided to leave the program today. I was graded a 48% on an assignment without any feedback on what I had gotten wrong. The low grade on the assignment dropped my grade to a 77% C and all classes need to be a 80% B, so now I am on probation. In addition, their test will consist of fill in the blanks that will mark you wrong when you are right with your answer. In order for you to get credit for the answers that are marked wrong when they are right. You will have to send screenshots to the department to have them check. Meaning, you could have many right answers on your fill-in-the-blank answers that are marked wrong and you are giving a lower score without you realizing it. I've completed 4 classes so far, and none of them have consisted of projects that are required by most internships for you to show your Data Science skills. I am on the hunt for a new Data Science or Data Analytics masters program. If you guys know of any good ones, please let me know.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. This post has caused me to re-evaluate my Graduate Degree options.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(01-09-2021, 09:04 AM)eleverson Wrote:

By the way, who do you think will most likely take my credits for a graduate data science certification?

Not too sure. It depends on the program, university policies, and what graduate credits you have. I hear, but am not sure, that WGU is pretty generous with the transfer of graduate credits.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(01-09-2021, 11:49 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 05:38 PM)eleverson Wrote: I have new feedback about the program. I decided to leave the program today. I was graded a 48% on an assignment without any feedback on what I had gotten wrong. The low grade on the assignment dropped my grade to a 77% C and all classes need to be a 80% B, so now I am on probation. In addition, their test will consist of fill in the blanks that will mark you wrong when you are right with your answer. In order for you to get credit for the answers that are marked wrong when they are right. You will have to send screenshots to the department to have them check. Meaning, you could have many right answers on your fill-in-the-blank answers that are marked wrong and you are giving a lower score without you realizing it. I've completed 4 classes so far, and none of them have consisted of projects that are required by most internships for you to show your Data Science skills. I am on the hunt for a new Data Science or Data Analytics masters program. If you guys know of any good ones, please let me know.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. This post has caused me to re-evaluate my Graduate Degree options.

Some other things I would like to add, I noticed that 3 of my classes had 60 plus people enrolled in them and one had as high as 95 people. This is why the professors are relying on the grading to be automated because of how many people are enrolled. They are also relying on students to help answer questions other students may have on the lessons through the discussion forums and email, which are not right. After my treatment, I did a fact check on the Professor who is over the program and he just holds degrees in psychology, and from his LinkedIn profile, he has not worked as a Data Scientist before. I'm getting an appeal done on all of my courses to check the accuracy of my test results.
(01-10-2021, 01:03 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote:

Not too sure. It depends on the program, university policies, and what graduate credits you have. I hear, but am not sure, that WGU is pretty generous with the transfer of graduate credits.

According to WGU, they do not accept transfer credit for their graduate degrees:

https://www.wgu.edu/blog/how-to-transfer...U1907.html

I hate to hear this happened to you. Judging by the orientation I just attended, I can absolutely see how and why. The fact that they don't give a syllabus because things are "always changing" was a red flag. They have 6 grad assistants who are fellow online students grading and responding too from what it sounds like. They mention it could be up to 100 students in a class because on the independent study, no deadline style of the course. 

Also, they did mention having a new professor on board who would be handling the Computer Science side of the program and implementing projects going forward for classes after the basics. The two main professors are both math majors are will mainly handle that portion.
(01-10-2021, 03:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:03 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote:

According to WGU, they do not accept transfer credit for their graduate degrees:

https://www.wgu.edu/blog/how-to-transfer...U1907.html

Ah, I guess I heard wrong then. Thanks for the correction. Yeah, transferring graduate credits is really hard. Most schools that I've checked out don't really like people transferring in graduate credits.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 256 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,093 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 284 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,467 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 550 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,851 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,986 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,364 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,318 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,305 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy