Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Second Bachelors Possible at TESU???
Why would you want to do this? There should be a reason that you want 2 separate degrees, and without a real reason (like a BA in CompSci for instance), this seems like a strange idea.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-19-2023, 01:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Why would you want to do this?  There should be a reason that you want 2 separate degrees, and without a real reason (like a BA in CompSci for instance), this seems like a strange idea.
I’ve worked in the same industry for 20 years. I’d be doing this just to do it. Money isn’t a concern nor is any return on investment. While you may think it’s strange, to me it’d be something to entertain myself with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joshua27's post:
  • fmsoa
(02-19-2023, 01:54 PM)joshua27 Wrote:
(02-19-2023, 01:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Why would you want to do this?  There should be a reason that you want 2 separate degrees, and without a real reason (like a BA in CompSci for instance), this seems like a strange idea.
I’ve worked in the same industry for 20 years. I’d be doing this just to do it. Money isn’t a concern nor is any return on investment. While you may think it’s strange, to me it’d be something to entertain myself with.

Then I'd still recommend you entertain yourself with something on a higher level - maybe some Data Science (that can be utilized in any industry) - https://www.eastern.edu/academics/gradua...ta-science or how about in the area of Industrial and Organizational Psychology - https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...psychology (just examples of many options).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-19-2023, 02:10 PM)allvia Wrote:

Then I'd still recommend you entertain yourself with something on a higher level - maybe some Data Science (that can be utilized in any industry) - https://www.eastern.edu/academics/gradua...ta-science or how about in the area of Industrial and Organizational Psychology - https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...psychology (just examples of many options).
Data science is particularly interesting to me. I’m planning to pursue an MBA with data science concentration at LSUS once I get a bachelors completed.
(02-19-2023, 02:12 PM)joshua27 Wrote:
(02-19-2023, 02:10 PM)allvia Wrote:

Data science is particularly interesting to me. I’m planning to pursue an MBA with data science concentration at LSUS once I get a bachelors completed.

Well, in that case you may be interested in their (Eastern) MBA/MS in Data Science Dual Degree - https://www.eastern.edu/academics/gradua...ual-degree
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Seems like there are more entertaining things to do, but ok.

You can't make it a 2nd bachelor's at TESU, because you don't have a first bachelor's degree yet; so it would be a first bachelor's, and you'd have to take the cornerstone.  You could not complete it prior to starting spring 2 at UMPI; between applying, sending transcripts, getting an eval, getting the remaining credits needed, and then taking the cornerstone and capstone, it would be months before you'd be able to get the degree (prob close to 6 months, since they won't let you take the capstone before you finish at least 100 credits plus most of your UL credits.

If you wanted a BALS, since most of your UL credits are in things that aren't liberal arts, you'd still need 10 courses:
 - oral communication course
 - civic engagement course
 - cornerstone
 - capstone
 - 3 UL liberal arts courses (you have MIS and Adv Bus Ethics)
 - 9cr 200-level liberal arts courses

If you wanted a BSBA/GM, it would still take months, because you can't take the capstone yet; you need 39cr:
 - oral communication course
 - civic engagement course
 - social science course
 - cornerstone
 - capstone
 - Managerial Accounting
 - Business Law
 - Prin of Management
 - Prin of Marketing
 - Prin of Stats
 - UL Int'l/Global Business course
 - The CSM course
 - UL course in either Marketing or Finance
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
@joshua27 - OP, If you're looking for a quick degree and come back for a second; You can do a BLS and then a BABA, but not the other way around. Is there are reason to go to another institution such as TESU? You can complete the BLS at UMPI in a different concentration/minor and then the BABA right after in another session or term.

Similar post/request from another member. Here's a post I made an hour ago: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid387593
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
OP. I'm not sure how this will work out. It would not exactly be quick or cheap and if you just get a generic BA in Liberal arts it would be thousands or dollars and pointless as far as resume wise. Also, TESU won't even be quicker it could slow things down. Since you'd want to do TESU first to avoid the 24 credits rule. However, by doing this it could take a months and in that time you could just have the UMPI degree done already. Remember TESU degrees don't confer right away sometimes its months later depending.

Also if you get a Business degree from TESU check UMPIs policys. For example, the RA USA University I attended has a policy that if you have a prior bachelors in business from ANY accredited USA school they will not grant you a bachelors in business you MUST choose a different major. And from what I've heard they are not the only university to have such a policy. So need to know if you UMPI will allow you to get a business degree after getting one from TESU. And if that is the case then you would just be getting a pointless liberal arts degree.

Honestly you'd be better off putting your time and money into studying for GMAT courses, researching masters degrees, masters degree application fees, etc.

But yeah the whole thing won't be quick if anything it'd slow down your UMPI degree.
(02-21-2023, 11:13 PM)natshar Wrote: OP. I'm not sure how this will work out. It would not exactly be quick or cheap and if you just get a generic BA in Liberal arts it would be thousands or dollars and pointless as far as resume wise. Also, TESU won't even be quicker it could slow things down. Since you'd want to do TESU first to avoid the 24 credits rule. However, by doing this it could take a months and in that time you could just have the UMPI degree done already. Remember TESU degrees don't confer right away sometimes its months later depending.

Also if you get a Business degree from TESU check UMPIs policys. For example, the RA USA University I attended has a policy that if you have a prior bachelors in business from ANY accredited USA school they will not grant you a bachelors in business you MUST choose a different major. And from what I've heard they are not the only university to have such a policy. So need to know if you UMPI will allow you to get a business degree after getting one from TESU. And if that is the case then you would just be getting a pointless liberal arts degree.

Honestly you'd be better off putting your time and money into studying for GMAT courses, researching masters degrees, masters degree application fees, etc.

But yeah the whole thing won't be quick if anything it'd slow down your UMPI degree.

TESU had the policy that you couldn't get a second bachelor's in the same area - not sure if they still have it.  But if you already had a business degree, you couldn't get another one, not even with a different AoS.  They'd tell you to get a Certificate or a Master's degree in the new area.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,359 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 460 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,237 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 302 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 284 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27