Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy online credits
Does anybody know of any regionally accreditated online colleges have open book exams, non proctored exams, or courses where most of the work is not in exam format. I get bad test anxiety and do much better when I can do assignments rather than tests. Thanks!
(11-25-2018, 11:26 PM)Marylunde Wrote: Does anybody know of any regionally accreditated online colleges have open book exams, non proctored exams, or courses where most of the work is not in exam format.    I get bad test anxiety and do much better when I can do assignments rather than tests.  Thanks!

Dodgy
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 2 users Like MSK9's post:
  • Cheeseburrito, jsd
I would recommend any of the straighter-line courses https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ that list will tell you whether they are open book or not. Most of their courses are ACE certified which means they will transfer to a regionally accredited college or university but it's always best to check with the university or college.

If you need Math https://www.aleks.com/ would work to transfer math class's.

When it comes to an easy college I'm really not sure. I'm more familiar with the ACE credits I listed above then a specific college.

This might be helpful as well. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
(11-25-2018, 11:26 PM)Marylunde Wrote: Does anybody know of any regionally accreditated online colleges have open book exams, non proctored exams, or courses where most of the work is not in exam format. I get bad test anxiety and do much better when I can do assignments rather than tests. Thanks!

as a "college" no, but for sure there are courses within any college that would fit your criteria- the problem with the ask, is that the instructor has a lot of freedom to deliver and evaluate content how they like. So, if you hear that ABC Class with Mr. Smith has only 1 test and it's open book, when Mr. Jones teaches it, he flips it to a dozen closed book quizzes. So, finding a RA college where ALL the courses are tightly scripted will be tough.

Have you picked a college for your degree?? If not, choose one that allows ACE credit - that will solve all of your problems. (See Life-one's post)
You can choose a college that's known for writing papers rather than having tests.

But I agree with Jennifer that if you choose one of the Big 3, and then do all of your courses through alternative methods like we use here, then you can get an RA degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Most (all?) colleges will have a disabled services center where people who have various disabilities, including acute anxiety, can get accommodations to help with their classes. A common one is taking exams in a quiet environment and with extra time. You would likely have to get an anxiety diagnosis. On the flip side, a professional might be able to help you manage your anxiety better.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • Life_One, MNomadic, Muldoon
(11-26-2018, 09:54 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You can choose a college that's known for writing papers rather than having tests.

But I agree with Jennifer that if you choose one of the Big 3, and then do all of your courses through alternative methods like we use here, then you can get an RA degree.

What colleges are known more for their papers than tests?
(11-26-2018, 01:28 PM)Marylunde Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 09:54 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You can choose a college that's known for writing papers rather than having tests.

What colleges are known more for their papers than tests?

It's as easy for you to search for that as me.  I just know that they exist, but I couldn't name them.  Sorry.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My son took 2 classes through CSU Pueblo Independent Study that had all papers and no tests at all.  The classes are reasonably priced and it was a good experience for him, overall.  The ENG 130 class had 13 papers, though.  However, 10 of them were 2 page essays.  By the end of that class, he was very weary of writing.  The PSY 205 class had 4 papers, which is much more doable.  He was able to get A's in both classes, if that is helpful.  They tell you which classes have exams.(The ones where a proctor is required) and you can look at the syllabus before you enroll.  The cost is $555 per 3 hour course.

Here is the link: https://www.csupueblo.edu/extended-studi...index.html
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 4 users Like hsfamfun's post:
  • Leedeedee, Life Long Learning, Life_One, Muldoon
(11-27-2018, 10:11 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: My son took 2 classes through CSU Pueblo Independent Study that had all papers and no tests at all.  The classes are reasonably priced and it was a good experience for him, overall.  The ENG 130 class had 13 papers, though.  However, 10 of them were 2 page essays.  By the end of that class, he was very weary of writing.  The PSY 205 class had 4 papers, which is much more doable.  He was able to get A's in both classes, if that is helpful.  They tell you which classes have exams.(The ones where a proctor is required) and you can look at the syllabus before you enroll.  The cost is $555 per 3 hour course.

Here is the link: https://www.csupueblo.edu/extended-studi...index.html

Thanks for the tip. I’ll look into themSmile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 256 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,141 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 205 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 366 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn