Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed Office at it again. Uggghh
To start off. I love Tuition Assistance and I love all the local population who support us and allow us to have such great benefits as TA and the GI Bill. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now to my rant. Why is dealing with the Ed Office always a battle? I feel like I'm there for them rather than the other way around sometimes. I signed up for two IS courses. I ended up deploying in the middle and it (the deployment) ended up being no cupcake. So I asked the school for an extension and they granted it to me. I notified the Ed Office that I'm deployed and that I received an extension from the school so my grades will come later.

The person I was in contact with ended up PCSing and didn't leave anything documented in my file. While I was on my R&R, the Ed office sent emails to my inbox and of course my box was full (deployed for 7 months, of course it's full), so they didn't bother contacting me or my Supervisor and went ahead and had a collection on my pay for the class (they considered it incomplete).

So now comes today, I walk into the Ed Office to give my grade for my class and the employee tells me that the class was already cleared on my record and a collection is on my pay. I explained my email correspondence with the other Ed Office employee. This is where I found out about the emails they sent. They then tell me that they will have to submit my grade to their supervisor so they can reverse the draft from my account, but that they have to LET the money be taken out and THEN give it back to me.

*Sigh*
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Back when Hamarabi (spelling?) was crossing the Alps, I was in the Army. The Ed Ctr. wasn't great, but I was in the peace-time Army, so it was just one of life's little grievances. With the way that service members are pulled from pillar to post now, and frequently either the pillar or the post is in a war zone, this is inexcusable. I realize that the military is big, and it can't turn on a dime, but there should be quicker ways to rectify their own mistakes.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft office For 10 Dollars thiagocastro 0 1,222 07-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: thiagocastro
  Education Office? kevinmanemane 2 1,448 08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kevinmanemane