Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4Credit Statistics
I asked a while back but the site was pretty new, so asking again - has anyone completed Statistics with Ed4Credit? My son is bombing stats via SL - it's way more math heavy than I anticipated - zero conceptual questions, ALL math. He's having a serious mental block and averaging 70% on the chapter tests. The likelihood of his getting a 70 on the closed book final is nil. Right now we're considering Study.com or Ed4Credit. One advantage of Ed4Credit is the open notes final. One advantage of Study is that folks are reporting it's got a lot less math and a lot more vocabulary and concepts. I'd love to know where E4C falls on that spectrum. He's got to get it right, as I'm not paying for this course two more damned times. Thanks!!!
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:I asked a while back but the site was pretty new, so asking again - has anyone completed Statistics with Ed4Credit? My son is bombing stats via SL - it's way more math heavy than I anticipated - zero conceptual questions, ALL math. He's having a serious mental block and averaging 70% on the chapter tests. The likelihood of his getting a 70 on the closed book final is nil. Right now we're considering Study.com or Ed4Credit. One advantage of Ed4Credit is the open notes final. One advantage of Study is that folks are reporting it's got a lot less math and a lot more vocabulary and concepts. I'd love to know where E4C falls on that spectrum. He's got to get it right, as I'm not paying for this course two more damned times. Thanks!!!

I think Cookderosa didn't do well with either ALEKS or SL, and ended up taking an exam and passing. Maybe the DSST? I could be completely wrong on this, but I think it was her, and I think she tried a couple of different courses, but ended up passing an exam.

I'm considering doing Khan Academy, and then taking Saylor's Intro to Stats exam. Then I will be watching this thread to see what you end up doing, if I don't pass.

Also, you should contact Ed4Credit, I'm taking a course through them now, and they're pretty responsive.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks. I've worked it out and he needs to get at least a 60 on the final to pass. Looking at the practice final, it's surprisingly short on math and heavy on concepts, which was odd considering it was all math up to that point. Maybe he will somehow pull it off and this will be a moot point - we'll know Thursday evening. Preparing for the likely outcome that he'll need to take it again. I may email E4C and inquire about the concept to math ratio on their final. If only they'd eliminate that pesky rule about needing a 50% on the final to pass, it would be a no-brainer.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,911 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 640 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Business 212 business statistics thepoetvd776 1 760 11-24-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Statistics - options now (quick and easy) allvia 5 1,129 04-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ACE Badges - Ed4Credit Toastmaster 7 1,325 01-20-2021, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
Exclamation Ed4Credit - Acclaim - Credly Problem Toastmaster 14 2,486 12-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Sophia Intro to Statistics dodek101 30 7,633 10-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Last Post: saltyseabastard
  SL Business Statistics for math credit at CSU Bpreli 5 976 07-15-2020, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is Sophia's Statistics Proctored? Ilianasmile 2 1,278 07-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Statistics.com ? BS Data Science and Analytics TESU abs_co 7 1,802 07-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Last Post: akr680