Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4Credit.com has 27 new ACE approved courses
rowan555 Wrote:My son's HR Concentration requires both. Employment law is a bit tougher to find.

https://csuglobal.edu/admissions/transfe...t-exam-cbe

I saw this posted in another thread. I am super new to this, so I have no experience with it, but I am also interested in the HR concentration.
[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]Community College 2010 - Associates of General Studies
78 Credits

Intro to Business (3), Intro to Psych (3), Speech (3), Business Law I (3), Computer Info Systems (4), Microsoft Office (3), English I (3), Business Math (3), Fundamentals of Networking (2), Consumer Economics (3), Physical Geography with lab (4), Spanish I (4), Database Mgmt (3), E Commerce (2), Web Design (1), Graphic Design (3), A+ PC Troubleshooting (4), Intro to Sociology (3), English II (3), Visual Arts (3), Film Study (3), Social Psych (3), Comparative Religion (3), Math for General Education (3), Biology Human Heredity (3), Psych of Adolescent Development (3)
CLEP: Working on Modern States currently
ALEKS: College Algebra (3)
Free courses: The Institutes Ethics (2)

Still determining COSC or TESU based on what classes I've taken so far will transfer better
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
jsch Wrote:https://csuglobal.edu/admissions/transfe...t-exam-cbe

I saw this posted in another thread. I am super new to this, so I have no experience with it, but I am also interested in the HR concentration.

WGU doesn't accept these for transfer as far as I know.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:As of right now, neither SL nor Study.com limit the number of tests you can take per month. Neither charges extra for testing, and Study.com has no additional textbook purchases involved.

Study.com includes 2 test per month and unlimited classes as part of the college accelerator program, additional test are $70. Straighterline charges a course fee but no testing fee as I recall.

So if you only did 2 classes are SL in a month it would be $99 +$49 +$49 = $197 plus any books and minus any coupon codes
Study.com is $200 a month with 2 tests/finals

Basically even, SL starts to really edge out on costs if you do more classes per month. Plus unlike study.com I can always log into my account and see my previous work/status even without an active subscription Smile
AJ_Atlanta Wrote:Basically even, SL starts to really edge out on costs if you do more classes per month. Plus unlike study.com I can always log into my account and see my previous work/status even without an active subscription Smile

That is one HUGE advantage to SL over Study. My son is inactive on both, but he can log onto SL and see all his information, while on Study it just takes him to a page asking for payment. Very frustrating to not be able to even see your completed courses and grades.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:That is one HUGE advantage to SL over Study. My son is inactive on both, but he can log onto SL and see all his information, while on Study it just takes him to a page asking for payment. Very frustrating to not be able to even see your completed courses and grades.

I know, seriously annoying. May explain why they don't have an accredited UX course
Thank you for the courses! Can't wait for the new courses.
Goal: BA/BS in Psychology

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
rowan555 Wrote:Any chance that you guys are working on an Employment Law course?

Sorry to say we aren't right now but we can research the possibilities of offering this course in the future. Might not be ready for your son.
Has anyone taken any courses from this site who can review their experience? I have searched the forums but haven't found much.
Are they as time consuming as Study.com? Does the course material match what's on the final well? Are they graded immediately?
Thanks
I'm kind of surprised anyone finds study.com time consuming. Tedious sure, but they shouldn't be taking more than like 5 days of moderate effort at most.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I guess it depends on the course and your level of knowledge of the topic going in. I finished personal finance in a few days, but financial accounting took me exactly two weeks. I have zero accounting experience so I wanted to learn as much as I could. I really took my time and took notes on every chapter/lesson. Now could I have approached it differently? Of course, but I didn't want to bomb the final in the end. I'll prob move a bit faster through my next course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,426 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 981 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 706 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,211 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,891 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,041 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,081 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 597 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,084 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 336 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77