Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ed4Credit's New Upper-level Course Approvals
Hi Degree Forum Folks,

Ed4Credit was a part of the ACPE program before we were approved by ACE CREDIT, so we had 13 courses that only had ACPE approval until now. As of now, all 40 of our courses have ACE CREDIT recommendation. ACE CREDIT Website 

I also heard you guys say that you needed more Upper-level approvals, so we now have 5 courses that received Upper-level ACE CREDIT recommendation!! As always, your school can decide whether to assign upper or lower level credits to a course but having this recommendation helps.

Here are Ed4Credit's 5 Upper-level courses:
1.      BUS 300 Business Management
2.      BUS 320 Human Resources Management
3.      CSC 300 Managing Information Systems
4.      PSY 340 Abnormal Psychology
5.      PSY 375 Aging & Society

We do offer coupons on our website that change regularly, and we have an annual coupon just for Degree Forum folks. The Degree Forum coupon is for 20% of our courses and it is DF18.

Thanks for all your feedback!  Smile
Tricia Seymour
Ed4Credit.com
Thanks for the update!

I'm going to put in a request for the people who need it (I don't):

1) Physics I & II w/labs
2) Chem II w/Lab
3) Bio II w/Lab
4) Historiography/Historical Methods
5) Non-US History
6) Non-Western Literature

These are the most requested courses that we don't have available (or only have 1 option in the case of Non-Western Lit). SL used to have Chem & Physics II, but let them expire back in 2015. It seems kind of silly to let something expire when you go to the trouble of creating a course and get it approved; but I think it's worth looking at.

Also, some UL Lit/English courses. We have a lot more people getting English degrees since it's now possible to test out through Shmoop, but many of them hold their noses while doing so - they really want that English degree, but they really hate Shmoop. You could try to give them a run for their money there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Ed4Credit, jsd, Muldoon
To drfecore's list, I'd add the following:

-Accounting Information Systems
-Auditing
-Python Programming 
-R Programming
-Linear Algebra
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yenisei's post:
  • Ed4Credit
(04-11-2018, 12:56 AM)Yenisei Wrote: To drfecore's list, I'd add the following:

-Auditing
-Python Programming 
-R Programming
-Linear Algebra

These are all good, but they're definitely not on the top of the requested list.  I have yet to see anyone specifically request Accounting Info Systems, R Programming, or Python Programming.

The UL Math courses are not as highly requested as the ones I mentioned, but they are ones where it is HARD to find the courses for less than $500-$1000:
Calc III
Linear Algebra (calculus-based)
Data Structures
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Ed4Credit
I wish I could remember the school (I think it was Ohio State?) that offered credit by exam and inexpensive independent study courses for some Non-US History courses

I think they had mediterranean history, egyptian history, greece history

I did some R courses for ACE credit through statistics.com -- not inexpensive, but not terribly expensive either

I too would like to see a decent python 3 course -- I know there's a school (North Dakota ?) that offers a relatively inexpensive python 2 course
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • Yenisei
Yeah, it was Ohio University, and they offered some math courses CBE as well. I don't know if they do anymore.

EDIT: dfrecore- given the increasing importance in software end user capabilities for accountants, I think an AIS course would be quite popular. I'd love to see math courses above Calc II offered, since, as you point out, there are no inexpensive options.
https://www.ohio.edu/ecampus/print/cours....html#view
(04-11-2018, 01:48 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 12:56 AM)Yenisei Wrote: To drfecore's list, I'd add the following:

-Auditing
-Python Programming 
-R Programming
-Linear Algebra

These are all good, but they're definitely not on the top of the requested list.  I have yet to see anyone specifically request Accounting Info Systems, R Programming, or Python Programming.

The UL Math courses are not as highly requested as the ones I mentioned, but they are ones where it is HARD to find the courses for less than $500-$1000:
Calc III
Linear Algebra (calculus-based)
Data Structures

Thanks for all the great suggestions!  Big Grin

Tricia
Ed4Credit.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ed4Credit's post:
  • badooble
(04-11-2018, 02:50 AM)Yenisei Wrote: EDIT: dfrecore- given the increasing importance in software end user capabilities for accountants, I think an AIS course would be quite popular. I'd love to see math courses above Calc II offered, since, as you point out, there are no inexpensive options.

It may seem like it would be popular, but like I said, in 7 years on this forum, it's not one of the courses people are asking for much if at all.  CSU-Global does offer it as a CBE though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  One SDC course, 6 sh Upper Level in Philosophy Jonathan Whatley 31 2,064 09-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Upper-level writing & economics ? StoicJ 3 779 03-07-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: stickymoaning
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,203 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,232 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Upper Level Credits at Study.com browniebo 6 1,079 09-13-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Coopersmith Upper Level Math? eriehiker 19 4,774 05-27-2022, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intro to Cybersecurity - Upper level NewatTESU 5 1,098 04-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU
  Upper Level History Ilianasmile 9 1,114 01-30-2022, 05:31 PM
Last Post: wildebeest
  study.com upper level courses tdubx 6 1,882 07-21-2021, 11:45 AM