Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4credit
cookderosa Wrote:I made a comment before about this company screaming "NEW" to education - and crap like a syllabus that doesn't match the requirements, and hand-written notes is just more on the pile. <eye roll> Yes, the entire integrity of the program lies on whether or not a student WROTE their notes or hit copy/paste. Whose fooling who? This isn't 7th grade.

I'm the fool because I jumped on their 1/2 off coupon before realizing Saylor just added the same course to its ACE approved selections. Ugh.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I am currently taking the MIS course and I like it. Since I am trying to learn as much as possible about the subject, I like the fact that I don't have to rush through the course in two weeks in order to get my money's worth. If you want to control F your way through a course, then by all means stick to Straighterline.
USNY Regents College - BS Liberal Arts (Concentration in Sociology) 1987
KenJ Wrote:I am currently taking the MIS course and I like it. Since I am trying to learn as much as possible about the subject, I like the fact that I don't have to rush through the course in two weeks in order to get my money's worth. If you want to control F your way through a course, then by all means stick to Straighterline.
I like the fact that you actually buy the course (no monthly payments) so there is no hurry if time is a problem. I also think that a 50 percent on the final is OK. But that is not spelled out or explained anywhere in the syllabus. I believe they have to add that information to the syllabus.
Clodyneseidel Wrote:I like the fact that you actually buy the course (no monthly payments) so there is no hurry if time is a problem. I also think that a 50 percent on the final is OK. But that is not spelled out or explained anywhere in the syllabus. I believe they have to add that information to the syllabus.

I agree. I called them today and spoke to a rep and she said that they are having a meeting today to address this. She said she would email me sometime afterwards.
KenJ Wrote:I agree. I called them today and spoke to a rep and she said that they are having a meeting today to address this. She said she would email me sometime afterwards.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, you guys are helping us be Very clear in our all materials. Big Grin BTW... When there are questions like these we will always be happy to add them to our FAQ pages (it may take a day to add them) so you know how the courses work. We want you to know what you are buying and how the courses function so there are no surprises.
KenJ Wrote:I am currently taking the MIS course and I like it. Since I am trying to learn as much as possible about the subject, I like the fact that I don't have to rush through the course in two weeks in order to get my money's worth. If you want to control F your way through a course, then by all means stick to Straighterline.

? That's an odd assumption about SL, but it doesn't really address the issues with THIS company's courses.
cookderosa Wrote:? That's an odd assumption about SL, but it doesn't really address the issues with THIS company's courses.

What issues are those? The course I am taking is high quality. What I find odd is someone taking issue with a subject they have no experience with and then making assumptions about that subject.
Just to be clear. The "issues" being discussed are non-issues for me. If you can't get at least a 50 on a closed book, proctored, final exam, then you don't know the material and shouldn't pass the class. There, I said it.
The only issue is that the policy should be more clear.
KenJ Wrote:Just to be clear. The "issues" being discussed are non-issues for me. If you can't get at least a 50 on a closed book, proctored, final exam, then you don't know the material and shouldn't pass the class. There, I said it.
The only issue is that the policy should be more clear.
Yes, that was my point.
KenJ Wrote:What issues are those? The course I am taking is high quality. What I find odd is someone taking issue with a subject they have no experience with and then making assumptions about that subject.

IF you're referring to me, the 2 issues I commented about were having "a syllabus that doesn't match the requirements, and hand-written notes" being the required format for the exam. I didn't bring up Straighterline, the creator of this thread did, so not sure who you're mad at. Either way, the purpose of any thread is to bring forward issues AND solutions for the benefit of the membership.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE Badges - Ed4Credit Toastmaster 7 1,323 01-20-2021, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
Exclamation Ed4Credit - Acclaim - Credly Problem Toastmaster 14 2,476 12-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Alternative ed4credit lab? Faceparade 2 793 05-27-2020, 12:29 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Remove Ed4Credit? Clepper43 6 1,570 02-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Ed4Credit is Gone jamshid666 17 4,110 01-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  Ed4Credit Notice shadowgem 9 2,038 11-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Review of Ed4Credit course dfrecore 3 3,130 06-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Are Ed4Credit Courses Pass/Fail or GPA? retro 10 2,079 05-26-2019, 09:56 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Ed4Credit.com has 27 new ACE approved courses OnlineStudent011320 95 11,483 03-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  UL at ed4credit bnm 3 1,125 12-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Last Post: cookderosa