66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management
Hi DegreeForum,

I am currently choosing between BBA in management or PM route. Whichever is easier/faster to graduate works for me.

I have an oversea's bachelor degree(China) which hardly any credit will transfer.

I am also a certified PMP so I am kind of curious if anyone have successfully transferred a PMP into some credits at UMPI.

The reason I am seriously considering UMPI is I am 99% affirmative that I will apply for a brick-and-mortar MBA in the US/Canada. (And also how hard it is to achieve relatively high GPA at UMPI)

Sorry for my terrible English. Smile
The PMP cert is worth credit at UMPI. You could do both concentrations. Since you're a PMP, you already know all of the content. You probably won't gain much from it. If you're looking to build new skills then go for Management & Leadership.
If you are already a certified PMP, then maybe you should do something you have less knowledge of, which may be marketing or something else.

Most people earn at least a 3.5 GPA at UMPI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@whereismyramen, Welcome to the board, that's a good introduction post, but doesn't contain any of the info asked for on the addendum and template. It's great you're creating a poll, but you're not giving us any extra details to see the full picture of your scenario. You really need to fill in the addendum and template, with those extra pieces of information, it will be better to advise you which route to go. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • whereismyramen
Have you had your Chinese degree evaluated yet? Has the evaluation said that it is equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree? If yes, congratulations! You get to skip at least the GEC requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • whereismyramen
(03-26-2024, 11:43 AM)ss20ts Wrote: The PMP cert is worth credit at UMPI. You could do both concentrations. Since you're a PMP, you already know all of the content. You probably won't gain much from it. If you're looking to build new skills then go for Management & Leadership.

Thank you ss20ts for your reply!

I really just hacked the PMP, but doing a ton of practice quizzes and wrong answer analysis to find out my weakest point. But I guess a PMP should be sufficient if I move to a different country, having a degree in PM might be redundunt.

(03-26-2024, 12:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: If you are already a certified PMP, then maybe you should do something you have less knowledge of, which may be marketing or something else.

Most people earn at least a 3.5 GPA at UMPI.

Thank you, LevelUP!

Knowing that most people will have at least a 3.5 GPA is reassuring. But how hard it is to have a 3.8+ GPA?

(03-26-2024, 01:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Have you had your Chinese degree evaluated yet? Has the evaluation said that it is equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree? If yes, congratulations! You get to skip at least the GEC requirements.

I got in a really weird situation where the campus I went to got shut down and the paperwork management is a disaster. I received an admission of the UTexas Master of AI but really cannot provide the official transcript now.
@whereismyramen, You can review this thread for a bit of details, this person got a 3.7 on the dot, it really depends on your commitments, study habits, etc that I asked for within the addendum and template as not everyone works the same way. If you're getting 3.5+ from your Chinese degree, you should be fine in getting 3.7-3.8+ Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...with-honor
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,127 21 minutes ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 2 48 Yesterday, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,361 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 430 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 398 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 286 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 414 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,662 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 308 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM