Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electronic Frontier Foundation's Atlas of Surveillance
https://atlasofsurveillance.org/

It's practically a hobby of mine to spot cameras and other forms of surveillance. For instance, my local grocery store has 33 cameras.

This site is interesting to me because it's a database of surveillance technology. You can search locations or view a map. It's incomplete though, at least in my city. Within the major city, I was able to find documents of purchase orders for police tech - things like automatic license plate scanners for patrol cars (the computer automatically alerts the cop driving that a vehicle's registered owner has a warrant), drones, cell site simulators, and gun shot detection systems. I could see the actual brand and model of electronics, and from there I could find the marketing and training materials from the manufacturers site.

The suburban areas were lacking data though. I recall license plate readers being purchased by one local town that's not in the database. Most of the cameras on the map are just bank security cameras. I come across numerous other cameras daily and was hoping to find out more about them. I would like to know when facial recognition is being used, too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes upgrayedd's post:
  • StoicJ
(10-27-2022, 08:12 PM)upgrayedd Wrote: https://atlasofsurveillance.org/

It's practically a hobby of mine to spot cameras and other forms of surveillance. For instance, my local grocery store has 33 cameras.

This site is interesting to me because it's a database of surveillance technology. You can search locations or view a map. It's incomplete though, at least in my city. Within the major city, I was able to find documents of purchase orders for police tech - things like automatic license plate scanners for patrol cars (the computer automatically alerts the cop driving that a vehicle's registered owner has a warrant), drones, cell site simulators, and gun shot detection systems. I could see the actual brand and model of electronics, and from there I could find the marketing and training materials from the manufacturers site.

The suburban areas were lacking data though. I recall license plate readers being purchased by one local town that's not in the database. Most of the cameras on the map are just bank security cameras. I come across numerous other cameras daily and was hoping to find out more about them. I would like to know when facial recognition is being used, too.

You can submit data: https://atlasofsurveillance.org/collaborate
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Wow, interesting. This reminds me of the sites for "cheap gas" in the city or neighboring cities...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frontier Airlines announces new unlimited summer flight pass for $399! LevelUP 2 638 02-08-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Exclamation Frontier Airlines Announces a Yearly ‘Unlimited’ Flight Pass For Only $600! LevelUP 8 1,427 11-28-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  The Final Frontier Alpha 4 687 08-31-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Frontier & Spirit Airlines merging... bjcheung77 18 1,640 03-03-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Electronic Textbooks? burbuja0512 0 569 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512