Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Comp Excelsior Sophia
Im new here.  Spent a lot of time as a guest reading everything BUT I've tried searching and cant find anything definitive to answer this question so i signed up so i could ask this:

in short... with the free Sophia thing going on (which im taking full advantage of while everything is shut down here in N.Y.) 

I am trying to understand the Excelsior english comp requirement. 

I am seeing all kinds of things here and by googling everywhere.

Sophia lists 3 English courses. 

English Comp I 
English Comp II
Foundations of English Composition

Which one (or ones)  would i want to take? 

do i need I and II 

any help would be great.  thank you!
Eng 1 and Eng 2, skip the Foundation ... courses (English, Stats, ...)
thank you for your reply. i guess i need to clarify my question a little bit. i've looked on here for a long time and been thinking this all over. Onlinedegree.com seemed promising BUT with the Sophia being free thing... ive jumped in with both feet... completed 4 courses this week so far and am ready for more.

the online degree transfer to the A.S. liberal arts degree shows still needing Eng 101 english comp needing to be completed outside of Onlinedegree.com

Would the Sophia Eng I do that ?

I'm perfectly ok with doing more than just Eng I since its free right now and a B.A. or B.S. etc down the road is an option.

so is it English I to complete the A.S. in liberal arts and then if i go toward a B.A. etc THEN i would need English II

have i got this correct?

thanks again
Where would your degree come from? Thus where are you going to transfer to? If you want to be sure, ask your advisor to confirm.
The idea is to get the a.s. in liberal arts from Excelsior. I was going to start with Onlinedegree.com and then sophia being free changed things a bit.

ive not enrolled at all. i know people pile up the credits before applying to the big 3 so with sophia doing this i got started on it.

again, with sophia doing this right now... i am ok with doing as much as i can that could be applied later to a bachelors

associates first - then go on to B.A or B.S.
I'm sorry, I don't know about EC.
This might be useful for your other courses https://excelsior.sophia.org/
However given Sophia is free at this time, I would advise you to get as much of the normally not free courses of Sophia (skip: effective teams, managing conflict, college readiness, student success and foundations of ..) done during this period.
I'd also suggest making making a topic here to get feedback on your overall degree plan. Maybe TESU or COSC would be a better choice depending your needs.
Thanks again. I have looked at that page on sophia. it shows that EC takes the courses as credits. the confusing part is more specific to what they accept them as for filling requirements.

as i see the EC.sophia link... EC will take all of them but maybe some are just elective or not pertinent to different degrees

i will say that i do absolutely agree with using this opportunity to it fullest. thats why i jumped into this.

Maybe someone with more specific knowledge to EC will be able to answer

Is Sophia English Comp I sufficient for the A.S. liberal arts degree from Excelsior ?
In short, take everything including the foundation courses as it's accepted at Excelsior and a few select schools (NOT COSC/TESU). I would recommend taking the courses such as US History I/II & Public Speaking first as they expire soon. Then take College Readiness and the two easy ones Developing Effective Teams/Essentials of Managing Conflict.

Once done, work on the foundation courses, all 3 of them. Lastly, find out what courses you would like to do, do them in groups so it overlaps in content/materials. The last thing to do is, work on the Onlinedegree.com courses to net you an almost free Associates! Essentially, work the easier ones first then go to the harder courses...

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305114
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305160
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I actually refunded the Public Speaking one a while back and went with Study.com Presentation Skills in the Workplace! Sophia's version is a lot harder, IMHO!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
I would strongly recommend taking both the English Comp I & English Comp II now while they are free.  Comp II credit will not be wasted even on the associate degree level.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 408 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,585 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,647 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Sophia Conflict Resolution Haykay 5 1,649 08-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there anything else I could fill in with Sophia? Vle045 9 2,016 07-16-2023, 09:16 PM
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,053 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,318 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,076 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina