Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Composition I & II TECEP or Sophia.org
Hi all! I previously asked for suggestions on how to obtain my English I & II credits fairly quickly and have decided on either the TECEPs or Sophia.org which is currently free. 

Anyone have recent feedback on either one and why I would go with one of the other? I have to decide by tomorrow (yikes!). 

FYI I have done all the coursework for the Sophia English I course, I just have to write the essays.
As per the previous link, Sophia.org for the win (everyone advised this since it's free), and because you're almost done with it! And yes with all the changes going on, do keep the TECEP in mind just in case it doesn't come through for you. Previous Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...p-I-and-II
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Msybrown
Or ASU: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...08-17-2020
(03-26-2020, 03:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: As per the previous link, Sophia.org for the win (everyone advised this since it's free), and because you're almost done with it!  And yes with all the changes going on, do keep the TECEP in mind just in case it doesn't come through for you.  Previous Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...p-I-and-II

Thank you BJ! I will stick with Sophia and try to knock out those essays this weekend  Cool
I'd do Sophia, TECEP is 2nd, EA/ASU is 3rd - and I'd only do it if you need graded RA credits (although I guess it's cheaper than the TECEP at this point in time).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Msybrown
(03-26-2020, 03:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: As per the previous link, Sophia.org for the win (everyone advised this since it's free), and because you're almost done with it!  And yes with all the changes going on, do keep the TECEP in mind just in case it doesn't come through for you.  Previous Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...p-I-and-II

Hi BJ! Do you happen to know if Sohphia's English II is acceptable by TESU? The school page is down but I looked at a cached version and English II wasn't on there.
@msybrown, yes, it's ACE recommended for college credit. I recall it being on that list before they removed the page.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Msybrown
(03-31-2020, 10:01 PM)Msybrown Wrote:

Hi BJ! Do you happen to know if Sohphia's English II is acceptable by TESU? The school page is down but I looked at a cached version and English II wasn't on there.

English Comp II is newer (added to their website 4th quarter 2019 I think), so it may never had it added to TESU's page if they didn't evaluate it (English Comp I has been on there since 2014).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Msybrown
(03-31-2020, 11:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @msybrown, yes, it's ACE recommended for college credit.  I recall it being on that list before they removed the page.

Thank you so much!!

(04-01-2020, 05:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

English Comp II is newer (added to their website 4th quarter 2019 I think), so it may never had it added to TESU's page if they didn't evaluate it (English Comp I has been on there since 2014).

Thank you! That makes sense. 
(04-01-2020, 09:30 PM)Msybrown Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @msybrown, yes, it's ACE recommended for college credit.  I recall it being on that list before they removed the page.

Thank you so much!!

(04-01-2020, 05:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Thank you! That makes sense. 

FYI, my son is currently doing Sophia ENglish Comp II. Expect to have a week in between each submitted assignment. They take about 5 business days to return the graded assignment. You aren't allowed to submit the next until the prior one is returned. This is the first time we've had to use the 1 month extension.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 270 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 590 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Sophia to TESU Carnation 3 468 12-27-2023, 05:49 PM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 791 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 16,457 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled mog538 8 566 09-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 584 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
  Possible Degree Plan - BA English aperantosbias 10 674 09-16-2023, 02:22 PM