Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlier.com Black Friday discount = $65
https://outlier.org/blackfriday
Now only if one of Big3 had a Black Friday deal... That would be so welcome!

Do you have any information on the course contents? Exams, assignments?
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • alexvictorwhite
College is on sale Wink
Introduction to Psychology
Calculus 1

Use promo code psychfriday19 or calcfriday19 at checkout to get $65 off our $400 courses. You'll get either course for only $335.

still pretty expensive
This is true. However, calc credits from the University of Pittsburgh for $335 is a pretty good deal if the ability to transfer credits outside the Big 3 is important.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • Nixi
Yeah, this provider only makes sense if you need to transfer outside of ACE-friendly schools, or possibly if you need graded credits (not sure if you get a grade or not with these courses)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Also, if you have a lot of CC credits, and your school transfers a max of like 70cr or 80cr from CC, this is a way to bypass that limit.

I agree that it's pricy though, especially for those particular courses. You can find Psych 101 literally EVERYWHERE!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mysonx3
(11-30-2019, 01:14 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Also, if you have a lot of CC credits, and your school transfers a max of like 70cr or 80cr from CC, this is a way to bypass that limit.

I agree that it's pricy though, especially for those particular courses.  You can find Psych 101 literally EVERYWHERE!

Yeah I guess it depends where you live but there are multiple CC's near me at they are ~$100/cr. Many offer 7 week online courses. 

These classes are 15 weeks long, you can work ahead but you must do the exams on pace. 

So going to a CC is actually cheaper and faster than outlier.com. 

But if you need credit from a four-year university than this is a steal. Many schools (even outside of the big 3) have limits or a certain number of credits must from a four-year university. In the state where I live, most of the Universities I looked at require only 30 credits in residence, however 60 credits must come from a 4-year university and credit from CC, CLEP, ACE, etc. don't count towards this. However, the way around it is articulation agreements.
I've been testing both courses in the beta cohort. They are very high quality (though lots of errors in quizzes and such, but each is being fixed as the cohort goes through). 

The calculus lectures are excellent and the material very thorough. The lectures are 20-30 minutes and taught in a very approachable way. It is definitely not a "do it quick" type of course, for those who already understand the content. Rather it is a course where you will actually learn calculus. It does take the full 14 weeks though. 

The psychology course is also a standard college-level 14-week course. My only complaint with it is that the videos are an hour-long (though you can just skim through them if you want - at least for now). There is alot of content in an intro psych course, and they don't cut any corners. Also not a "do it quick" type of course. 

It will be interesting to see if they are able to attract a wide audience. I think they wanted 100 in their beta test, and best I can tell there are less than 10 in each of them. 

One other downside is that they do require payment up front. I think there is a refund if you do all the exercises and still don't pass the class. Though I imagine anyone actually doing all the work will actually pass the classes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discount Codes ashkir 18 7,731 02-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Does Sophia usually have a Black Friday sale? ausernameisneeded 7 1,120 09-21-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  CompTIA A+ Certification | Discount akr680 10 1,617 09-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: msa145
  July 2022 - $20 Discount @ Sophia for new members MidLifeCrisis 5 2,160 08-19-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Study.com discount code renewed! mcquacks2 3 2,736 05-21-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mcquacks2
  Sophia.org Discount Voucher...got one? knowledgeseeker 2 1,089 11-30-2021, 05:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Black Friday & Cyber Monday - Specials Anywhere? bjcheung77 0 656 11-28-2021, 04:15 PM
  Does Study.com typically have a Black Friday sale? cdickerson0601 3 1,321 11-17-2021, 07:44 PM
  Outlier.org is now offering $200 off referral savings Jvr27 24 2,832 11-04-2021, 07:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Request for SDC / Study.com Discount Referral code eureka21 14 2,433 08-27-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: TwinMom