Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charter Oak & InstantCert
A friend of mine contacted COSC yesterday about an InstantCert class and was told that "We are not currently accepting credits from Instantcert."

Just a heads up for those planning on using it at CO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Thanks for the heads-up.
I would be hesitant to take that as fact, they're probably not familiar with IC's ACE status and depending on who you talked to they might not even be familiar with the school's ACE policy in general.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • cecilgambe7, cookderosa
I hope that InstantCert can improve and offer more courses that are accepted by universities. After all ... by creating this free forum, they has helped our community a lot ...
(08-28-2019, 02:08 PM)jsd Wrote: I would be hesitant to take that as fact, they're probably not familiar with IC's ACE status and depending on who you talked to they might not even be familiar with the school's ACE policy in general.

I'd agree with jsd on this.  The InstantCert courses are likely to new to have anyone transfer them into COSC for evaluation yet.  InstantCert if very new new to ACE. Most people (even here) don't realize yet that they are now offering ACE credits programs
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • Clepper43, cookderosa
(08-28-2019, 05:15 PM)allvia Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 02:08 PM)jsd Wrote: I would be hesitant to take that as fact, they're probably not familiar with IC's ACE status and depending on who you talked to they might not even be familiar with the school's ACE policy in general.

I'd agree with jsd on this.  The InstantCert courses are likely to new to have anyone transfer them into COSC for evaluation yet.  InstantCert if very new new to ACE. Most people (even here) don't realize yet that they are now offering ACE credits programs

The response was from an Enrollment Services Associate at COSC. I agree, though, that it's probably just a matter of time before CO follows ACE recommendations for ICC courses. If someone wants to be the guinea pig please let us know how it turns out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

https://www.charteroak.edu/prior-learnin...aining.php

As usual, you'll see "may award" in their credit acceptance explanation, but there is no reason to believe IC courses evaluated by ACE won't pass through with flying colors.
That's the reason companies seek ACE approval - because it's a well-traveled path.

To my knowledge, and based on the experience of thousands here to have used ACE evaluated credit at COSC, I would be SHOCKED beyond belief if the credit wasn't easily and happily accepted. In fact, I can't imagine a scenario where they would have evaluated the course content at all - the only thing they get is an ACE transcript, so if someone here was tagged for a deeper eval, and it was denied, it would have made the forum news - especially HERE on InstantCert. (this is the official InstantCert forum, I mention that because many call it DegreeForum, but this is the IC forum)

In fact, TESU refusing to accept ACE evaluated Shmoop practically broke the internet. <hyperbole> If and when a ACE evaluated credit is ever denied by any of the big 3, that is huge news because it is INCONSISTENT with their history.

Maybe our fearless webmaster will push a few of you into trying this with a coupon. Wink
Yesterday, I inquired about InstantCert credit (provided specific details about the course, ACE approval, etc) at TESU and received a similar response from TESU this morning "Unfortunately, we do not currently accept this credit. You would need to follow the instructions on the following website in order for TESU to review and accept their ACE reviewed coursework"

Has anyone been successful with taking a IC course and receiving credit at TESU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charter Oak Requiring 80% Study.com Course Grades Jonathan Whatley 44 5,662 06-28-2022, 01:58 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Charter Oak - Statistics rachel83az 0 953 02-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Charter Oak Application Time Table nilahti2 3 1,602 09-21-2020, 09:16 AM
  Physics Concentration at Charter Oak State College sciencemathematics1 19 3,395 07-20-2020, 01:44 PM
Last Post: conflitz
  Charter Oak Grad Credit for Undergrad? Clepper43 3 1,292 07-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Does Charter Oak still accept ALEKS? Gooberman11 1 1,155 07-16-2020, 02:18 PM
  Charter Oak ends FEMA IS credits 6\1\2020 Glen1 18 3,937 07-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: shaas
  Charter Oaks CyberSecurity indigoshuffle 7 1,718 04-28-2020, 03:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Charter Oaks Computer Science Credits Shyjbh 1 1,124 04-24-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Business Statistics for Charter Oak? Clepper43 3 1,057 04-21-2020, 11:06 PM