Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Computer science process question
(06-29-2023, 03:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @emmaya, Oh and I believe a few people who have had their XAMK evaluated favorably, but yet to have anyone report on Metropolia yet.  That was the main reason I mentioned to look at both LevelUP's plus Rachel83AZ version to customize your own, I would recommend using Metropolia only for electives/lower level for the Major/AOS and get the remainder of the UL from Study.com

Hi @bjcheung77Thank you for your reminder. I don't seem to have listed any courses from Metropolia. If you see any corrections needed on my Google Sheet, please let me know again.~
(06-23-2023, 03:24 PM)jch Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 12:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Actually, there may be a "warning" in the form of an email saying that you've registered for a TECEP that doesn't fit with your degree plan and maybe you made a mistake? "Please talk to an advisor." That kind of thing.

Ignore it.

When I've been in that situation in the past with a different TECEP, TESU actually pulled my registration until I followed up with advising. Be careful.

You are 100% correct. Got a call from TESU asking was I sure about taking CMP-3540 Networking Technology TECEP when all but Lib-4950 Capstone requirements had been fulfilled. Told the TESU rep I just want to do it for personal enrichment and got a "good for you!" reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes fmsoa's post:
  • emmaya
(06-30-2023, 10:57 AM)fmsoa Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 03:24 PM)jch Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 12:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Actually, there may be a "warning" in the form of an email saying that you've registered for a TECEP that doesn't fit with your degree plan and maybe you made a mistake? "Please talk to an advisor." That kind of thing.

Ignore it.

When I've been in that situation in the past with a different TECEP, TESU actually pulled my registration until I followed up with advising. Be careful.

You are 100% correct. Got a call from TESU asking was I sure about taking CMP-3540 Networking Technology TECEP when all but Lib-4950 Capstone requirements had been fulfilled. Told the TESU rep I just want to do it for personal enrichment and got a "good for you!" reply

Thank you for sharing how to answer this question Smile
Could someone help me verify whether this Sophia Python course is eligible for transfer to TESU? TESU does not appear to be listed among the cooperating universities mentioned. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you so much!~
Please view the attachment. 
The course link: https://app.sophia.org/online-courses/in...rogramming
Calculus I course as well, the course link : https://app.sophia.org/online-courses/calculus-i

Attached Files
.png   Partners college.png (Size: 152.88 KB / Downloads: 1)
It's great to be extra careful, cautious, and ask questions... TESU 'was' a partner with Sophia.org before, but they've decided to make minor modifications and haven't fully come into a partnership again/yet.  To 'ease' yourself of any worry, we've not heard word that they stopped accepting Sophia.org, the main thing you should make sure of is that the Sophia.org course has ACE recommendation for credit and that it's current.  

Here's a TESU Approved Provider Directory, Sophia.org and many of our recommended course providers are here, including Sophia.org provisionally: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...-directory
Here's the link you were looking at on Sophia.org, you clicked Sophia Partners, if you 'search other schools' Thomas Edison IS on the list! Voila! https://www.sophia.org/find-your-school/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-02-2023, 06:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's great to be extra careful, cautious, and ask questions... TESU 'was' a partner with Sophia.org before, but they've decided to make minor modifications and haven't fully come into a partnership again/yet.  To 'ease' yourself of any worry, we've not heard word that they stopped accepting Sophia.org, the main thing you should make sure of is that the Sophia.org course has ACE recommendation for credit and that it's current.  

Here's a TESU Approved Provider Directory, Sophia.org and many of our recommended course providers are here, including Sophia.org provisionally: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...-directory
Here's the link you were looking at on Sophia.org, you clicked Sophia Partners, if you 'search other schools' Thomas Edison IS on the list! Voila! https://www.sophia.org/find-your-school/

Thank you so much for your response, especially for the detailed information and providing the links. I'm ready to start studying now!Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,358 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 324 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,230 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM