Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enrolled Option Gone From the Tuition Comparison Chart
Isn't the institutional GPA the TESU GPA and the one that goes on your transcript? I've never taken a TESU course for a grade, but it says that my overall GPA is met. Even though transfer credits do not count toward your TESU GPA and won't end up on your transcript, if your overall GPA (the GPA that includes all graded courses including transferred ones) drops below 2.0, then TESU will usually bump off the courses that bring your GPA down.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Patten isn't all that flexible when it comes to transfer credits, at least that was my experience. They told me I was 60 credits away from a business degree. I believe I was less than 30 away at TESU at the time. If you're starting from scratch, Patten might be flexible. But, I believe that some of the BAs should come under $7,000 if you utilize Saylor, ALEKS, and free courses.

Thanks for the info on Patten. All I had to go on was their website stating they would accept up to 90 credits, but I had no way of knowing how accommodating they were in actually accepting outside credit. So, thanks for proving your experience.

You're also right about getting the cost down by using Saylor, ALEKS, and free courses. As well as knocking out StraighterLine courses quicker than one every two weeks, and some CLEPs that are worth 6 credits. I just used $100 a course/exam for estimation purposes.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
sanantone Wrote:Isn't the institutional GPA the TESU GPA and the one that goes on your transcript? I've never taken a TESU course for a grade, but it says that my overall GPA is met. Even though transfer credits do not count toward your TESU GPA and won't end up on your transcript, if your overall GPA (the GPA that includes all graded courses including transferred ones) drops below 2.0, then TESU will usually bump off the courses that bring your GPA down.

You could be right. I'm not sure, so I've asked advising for clarification. I'm pretty sure that even credits that transfer in with a grade won't have a grade on TESU's transcript, but that's normal for any school. What I'm trying to determine is if I need a GPA at all in order to graduate with an ASBA, and if so, can I attain that GPA from transferred credit or must it be via a TESU course. I've heard conflicting things from different sources here and elsewhere, so I thought it best to just ask them directly.

I just noticed that StraighterLine can send transcripts directly, rather than going through ACE, so I'm going to have one sent to TESU now.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
I don't believe TESU accepts transcripts directly from SL.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
ftsfour1 Wrote:I don't believe TESU accepts transcripts directly from SL.

No harm done if they don't, but the option is there, so may as well try it.
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:No harm done if they don't, but the option is there, so may as well try it.

Yes they do. They accepted mine.
johnjaxs Wrote:Yes they do. They accepted mine.

That's good to hear. Did they accept the SL grades as well, or did they transfer in as simple credits?
The grades don't transfer, just the credit.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
dfrecore Wrote:The big three are SCHOOLS, how would they be that if they didn't teach classes??? They were teaching classes before they became "the big 3."

Back when Excelsior was essentially the Big 1 and was known as Regent's College of The University of the State of New York, it taught nary a class and was Regionally Accredited. It only started offering courses 10 - 15 years ago. As far as I know, it always offered challenge exams.
Old Guy Wrote:Back when Excelsior was essentially the Big 1 and was known as Regent's College of The University of the State of New York, it taught nary a class and was Regionally Accredited. It only started offering courses 10 - 15 years ago. As far as I know, it always offered challenge exams.

TESU and COSC were founded in the 1970s just like Excelsior.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,060 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,746 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,997 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  TESU ASBA Open course option Mab81 3 1,472 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Study.com Tuition Discount mrshill818 27 7,551 02-26-2018, 12:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior 117 Transfer Bachelor Option harrypotter 2 1,515 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  So i enrolled into the lib 495 capstone Chef945 6 1,849 10-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chef945
  Only pursuing AA, best option for Big 3? walkingbyfaith 11 2,916 08-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: walkingbyfaith
  Tesu and Enrolled status for loan deferment Laddibugg 5 1,007 07-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Laddibugg
  Option(s) for replacing TESU CIS-107 (Computer Concepts and Applications) allvia 8 3,045 04-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Last Post: keepsingin