Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEST ASBA
Thumbs Up 
With all the recent changes going on with TESU, I decided to pull the trigger and just graduated with my ASBA. it has been 20 years since I graduated high school and with tuition reimbursement converting the fees I was happy to get the first part of my journey complete. I wanted to also take a second to thank all the great folks on this board who have been an incredible help in getting me this far. You guys are the best!
TESU ASBA

CLEP
Principles of Marketing 
Principles of Management 
Intro to Business Law

DSST
Intro to Computers
Intro to Business
Human Resources Management

Straighterline
Business Ethics
Macroeconomic
Microeconomics 
Accounting I
Accounting II
Managerial Accounting
Introduction to Communication
Business Communication

ALEKS
College Algebra
Intermediate Algebra
[-] The following 4 users Like yayowonder's post:
  • allvia, cookderosa, Leedeedee, mudball
(07-07-2018, 08:46 AM)yayowonder Wrote: With all the recent changes going on with TESU, I decided to pull the trigger and just graduated with my ASBA. it has been 20 years since I graduated high school and with tuition reimbursement converting the fees I was happy to get the first part of my journey complete. I wanted to also take a second to thank all the great folks on this board who have been an incredible help in getting me this far. You guys are the best!

Congratulations!!
Congratulations!

May I ask what your biggest concern was with TESU that brought you to this decision? My plan was to enroll into TESU next year once I'm 21. Would you not advise me to go through with that?
ALEKS(9): College Algebra, Trig, Intro to Statistics
Sophia(42): Intro to Sociology, Human Biology, Environmental Science, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Developing Effective Teams, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Art History I, Approaches to Studying Religions, History I, History II, Introduction to Psychology, Visual Communications, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Intro to Information Technology, Student Success
Straighterline(6): English Comp I, English Comp II
The Institutes(2): Ethics 312
TEEX(16): Cyber Security 101/201/301, Death Investigation, Basic Criminal Investigation, Foundations of Courtroom Testimony, Basic Property Technician, Foundations of Forensic Photography

katelynn Wrote:Congratulations!

May I ask what your biggest concern was with TESU that brought you to this decision? My plan was to enroll into TESU next year once I'm 21. Would you not advise me to go through with that?

My suggestion to you is to continue onward to a BSBA or a BALS, you can graduate at 21 next year! It won't take you too long if you keep plugging away at those courses. Please do all the CLEP/Modern States you can as that may be worth at least 60 credits or more towards the Bachelors - FREE, couple that with Saylor/SL, Study.com and you've got a degree for under $5 grand!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Congrats on graduating! I am doing the same, trying to graduate with my ASBA by the end of the year. Although TESU just took away the Study.com cornerstone waiver so that might delay me into next year. I thought the same as you, with all the uncertainty i would rather lock in an associate's and then attend a university here in town for my bachelors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,037 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  Finance by test out clarkin16 5 1,812 08-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  California teaching credential w/ a test-out degree 12save 3 1,558 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: kevinmane
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,608 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU ASBA - Please check my plan? Mab81 3 1,104 06-25-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Greensleeves
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,095 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU ASBA Open course option Mab81 3 1,458 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  Excelsior Statistics Test nnursing 0 1,231 08-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Last Post: nnursing
  Was pursuing my BSBA in CIS but decided to knock out ASBA first. Vin 23 3,309 06-28-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: diminutive