Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else?
You need the latest edition of the textbook.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-22-2018, 12:53 PM)tobyisking Wrote: Thats the one I got, I do know getting the latest edition is important for the case I does, since the info needs to be up to date. I rented mine off of Amazon for 70 bucks.

So, I am working on the first case assignment due on Sunday and, yes, it is overwhelming. There's 2 chapters to read + the case study to read (20 pages) and then a 1000 word case study to submit. I didn't find a lot of guidance in the instructions and/or PowerPoints.

How in-depth does the analysis need to be? 
Is number crunching really important to include and till what extent?
Are the case studies in this capstone graded on content or more on being able to support your arguments?

Any feedback appreciated!
(06-06-2018, 04:42 PM)Excellente Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 12:53 PM)tobyisking Wrote: Thats the one I got, I do know getting the latest edition is important for the case I does, since the info needs to be up to date. I rented mine off of Amazon for 70 bucks.

So, I am working on the first case assignment due on Sunday and, yes, it is overwhelming. There's 2 chapters to read + the case study to read (20 pages) and then a 1000 word case study to submit. I didn't find a lot of guidance in the instructions and/or PowerPoints.

Are the case studies in this capstone graded on content or more on being able to support your arguments?

I can say that in my own personal experiance based off my teacher, Dr. Ness it seemed more important that everything was formatted correctly then anything. So make sure you list all of your references. I hardly used any of the graphs or numbers that were in the book, and went more off info I found online. A lot of the case studies seemed to be more about supporting your reasoning behind your answers.
What is your first case study on? I can let you know if I have done that one or not.
(06-06-2018, 05:32 PM)tobyisking Wrote:

I can say that in my own personal experiance based off my teacher, Dr. Ness it seemed more important that everything was formatted correctly then anything. So make sure you list all of your references. I hardly used any of the graphs or numbers that were in the book, and went more off info I found online. A lot of the case studies seemed to be more about supporting your reasoning behind your answers.
What is your first case study on? I can let you know if I have done that one or not.

It's case 4: Costco
(06-06-2018, 06:44 PM)Excellente Wrote:

OK, I completed case 4 already, did you get a set of questions to answer?
(06-06-2018, 07:58 PM)tobyisking Wrote:

Yes, they are: 

1. Explain why the strategy of Costco does or does not:
    1. Fit the company’s situation.
    2. Build a competitive advantage.
    3. Improve the company’s performance.
Support your responses with examples from the case study.

2.   Compare compensation strategies for warehouse employees and members of Costco’s senior management. How does the structure of these compensation strategies influence the culture of Costco?

3.   A functioning multilevel, top-down leadership is key to the formulation and definition of business and organizational strategies. A cornerstone of this process is a well-defined foundation of organization and business visions. Evaluate Costco’s leadership performance in crafting such a vision and effectively supporting strategic foundations.

4.   Costco has five well-defined business principles. Choose one of the five, and explain how the selected principle influences operations, procedures, and practices.

5.   What is Costco’s business model? Is the company’s business model appealing? Why or why not?
(06-06-2018, 08:10 PM)Excellente Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 07:58 PM)tobyisking Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 04:42 PM)Excellente Wrote: So, I am working on the first case assignment due on Sunday and, yes, it is overwhelming. There's 2 chapters to read + the case study to read (20 pages) and then a 1000 word case study to submit. I didn't find a lot of guidance in the instructions and/or PowerPoints.

Yes, they are: 

1. Explain why the strategy of Costco does or does not:
    1. Fit the company’s situation.
    2. Build a competitive advantage.
    3. Improve the company’s performance.
Support your responses with examples from the case study.

2.   Compare compensation strategies for warehouse employees and members of Costco’s senior management. How does the structure of these compensation strategies influence the culture of Costco?

3.   A functioning multilevel, top-down leadership is key to the formulation and definition of business and organizational strategies. A cornerstone of this process is a well-defined foundation of organization and business visions. Evaluate Costco’s leadership performance in crafting such a vision and effectively supporting strategic foundations.

4.   Costco has five well-defined business principles. Choose one of the five, and explain how the selected principle influences operations, procedures, and practices.

5.   What is Costco’s business model? Is the company’s business model appealing? Why or why not?
Those were mine as well. I did about 2 paragraphs or so on each question, You would be amazed how quickly you reach the 1100 words.  This one did take me the longest to do
here's a quick mid-semester recap.
I think the first case study is most nerve wrecking as you don't really know how to approach the writing. I make sure to answer all questions (I alternate between finding answers in the textbook or online, whatever is easiest). I don't go into numbers or severely in-depth case evaluations, but I do format the paper correctly and cite all sources. So far I have gotten all A's. Hope this helps someone in the future...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Excellente's post:
  • keokat
(07-10-2018, 02:35 PM)Excellente Wrote: here's a quick mid-semester recap.
I think the first case study is most nerve wrecking as you don't really know how to approach the writing. I make sure to answer all questions (I alternate between finding answers in the textbook or online, whatever is easiest). I don't go into numbers or severely in-depth case evaluations, but I do format the paper correctly and cite all sources. So far I have gotten all A's. Hope this helps someone in the future...

I'm also in June Capstone and I'm really stressing the midterm next week.
(07-10-2018, 04:23 PM)keokat Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 02:35 PM)Excellente Wrote: here's a quick mid-semester recap.

I'm also in June Capstone and I'm really stressing the midterm next week.

If you haven't seen this thread already, there's some good tips and study materials for the midterm. The midterm is definitely doable with enough preparation.
BSBA:CIS & ASNSM:CS from TESU - June 2018 Graduation

CLEP: A&I Lit., Intro Sociology, Biology, Western Civ. I & II, US History I & II, American Government, Intro Psychology, Macroecon., Microecon., Princ. of Management, Princ. of Marketing, Intro Business Law, Financial Accounting
DSST: Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions, Computing and Information Systems, Princ. of Finance, Management Information Systems
CollegePlus: Comparative Worldviews, Social Justice
Lumerit: English Comp. I & II, Intro to Business
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Intro to Stats
Saylor: Corporate Communications
TECEP: Managerial Accounting. Business in Society, Network Technology
Study.com: Comm 101, Digital Marketing and Advertising
Straighterline: Intro to Programming C++
CSU-Global CBE: Information Systems Analysis and Design
TESU: BUS-421

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,099 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,299 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
Question TESU - current status "Applicant" - how to change to "Enrolled?" Kelly Green 3 2,045 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,904 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,672 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,017 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,733 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,827 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,678 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,669 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill