Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Enrolling at TESC to finish degree soon, but have some questions.
First, my grades that I am transfering over are by far mostly As with the occassional B. But I have one C- in an upper level math class that I am wondering if it will transfer over.

In the unofficial evaluations I have got from TESC, the do count it. But I was wondering if they were just being lazy with the unofficial eval because I thought they wouldn't accept anything less than a "C".

Second, I need 4 credits in Humanities. I noticed tesc has several tests in this area and I could pick 2 (which are 3 credits each) to meet this. This seems like a good route but does anyone have any other ideas to meet this requirement?

Thirdly, I need 6 upper level Natural Science credits and I was thinking of taking the Bio 211/212 Anatomy and Phisiology test from TESC. Its good for all 6 credits in one shot! They also have some other tests like a Science of Nutrition Bio 208 and others, but I would have to take 2 separate tests.

Do I take these tests on my computer at home or do I go to like a Vue testing center or what? If I don't take them at home I would like to figure out where it is I go to take them so I can see if it is feasible or if it is too far away (I live in the middle of nowhere).

I noticed the books recommended by Tesc for each of there tests are generally pretty expensive (just like I have come to expect from college texts). Do you guys generally buy those or have you had luck with other study materials (free online information, library books, etc)?

If anyone has any advice or insights on any of these things, I greatly appreciate your responses. Thanks a lot!
First off...I believe that your C- grade should transfer with no problem. I don't think the minus/plus really makes a difference...a "C" is a "C."

Second...for the humanities maybe you can take either the American Literature CLEP or the Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP (that's if you need 4 lower-level credits). If you need upper level...just go to TESC's website under the student services tab and look through their college handbook. You should be able to find what TECEP's you can take to meet this requirement. Also, you can do the same for the Natural Sciences requirement as well.

Third...as far as study materials go...don't be shy about your local public library. There is a plethora of free information there...and it's free!!! If you must buy books a good site is abebooks.com or isbn.nu. You can also ask other forum members what books/resources they used for the exams you need to take and also check out the Specific Exam Feedback section as well for additional information.

Hope this info helps you and good luck on your educational journey.

Peace be with you always.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
I'd go with Analyzing and Interpreting Literature for the Humanities credits. It's one of the easier test out there.

Just curious, why do you need upper level math/science credits?
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
If you want to take TECEP's it might be harder to find a testing center, CLEP's are easiest. If you are really in the middle of nowhere check with your local Library some of them do it.

Also remember as I recently learned at TESC anything 200 or above is considered upper level. I would recommend CLEP A & I Literature it is a straight forward test and 6 upper level credits.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:If you want to take TECEP's it might be harder to find a testing center,

TECEPs can often be proctored by your local librarian. That's what I did for all of mine.
[SIZE="6"]Pattie[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]CLEP:
[SIZE="1"]English Comp 101 & 102 - Analysis & Interpretation of Literature 130 & 131 - Intro to Marketing[/SIZE]
TECEP:
[SIZE="1"]Marketing Comm - PR Thought & Practice - Intro to News Reporting - Sales Management - Operations Management - Marketing Research - Business in Society[/SIZE]
DSST:
[SIZE="1"]Intro to Computers[/SIZE]
FEMA:
[SIZE="1"]12 FREE Credits![/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Associate of Science in Management, TESC - 9/17/04
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, TESC - 6/6/08

Smile
Thanks a lot for your replies, it really helped me out.

Hawkguy, I am getting the BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics from tesc.

I guess Analyzing and Interpreting Literature is worth 4 credits, I couldn't find any info on how many credits those exams are worth from the CLEP website. That would be great for me though I could get all 4 credits in one exam.

Thanks again.
The A&I Literature Clep is worth 6 credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,116 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,672 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,777 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,003 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,717 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem