Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrolling to TESU
So, I’m about to send in my application for TESU, but have no interests in taking any classes there other than the two required (Cap & Corner), but curious as to how long I have to sign up for a TECEP?  From what I read on here, taking a TECEP makes it so that I don’t have to take any courses there for a year.  

Also, if I am accepted and TESU wants to change how they accept credits and such down the road, am I grandfathered in because of being enrolled, or am I affected by these changes, too?  Also, what TECEP’s would you consider the easiest?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
You have a year from applying to become enrolled. I'd skip the TECEP (if it's even an option before you take the cornerstone) and just take the cornerstone within that period of time.

I'm afraid that applying/enrolling only locks in the catalog. Transfer equivalencies can change at almost any time, and while they have in the past given some grace for people who were in the process of transferring a course in, there's no guarantee that they will grandfather you for anything.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-11-2019, 01:35 PM)davewill Wrote: You have a year from applying to become enrolled. I'd skip the TECEP (if it's even an option before you take the cornerstone) and just take the cornerstone within that period of time.

I'm afraid that applying/enrolling only locks in the catalog. Transfer equivalencies can change at almost any time, and while they have in the past given some grace for people who were in the process of transferring a course in, there's no guarantee that they will grandfather you for anything.

Ahhh ok.  That’s what I feared.  I guess even though I am at 26 (Soon to be 29) credits, it’s best for me to apply as early as possible?

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(09-11-2019, 01:43 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: Ahhh ok.  That’s what I feared.  I guess even though I am at 26 (Soon to be 29) credits, it’s best for me to apply as early as possible?

Yes, you should apply sooner rather than later. You should also transfer in your credits as frequently as you can afford to, so that their equivalency is nailed down.

You can send SL and Study.com courses (and I think most of the NCCRS providers) directly to TESU for free. You can also send CLEP and DSST scores for free if you do it at the time you take the test, which is another reason to apply to TESU before taking them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-11-2019, 01:51 PM)davewill Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 01:43 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: Ahhh ok.  That’s what I feared.  I guess even though I am at 26 (Soon to be 29) credits, it’s best for me to apply as early as possible?

Yes, you should apply sooner rather than later. You should also transfer in your credits as frequently as you can afford to, so that their equivalency is nailed down.

You can send SL and Study.com courses (and I think most of the NCCRS providers) directly to TESU for free. You can also send CLEP and DSST scores for free if you do it at the time you take the test, which is another reason to apply to TESU before taking them.

Perfect.  Thank you so much!  Out of curiosity, the CLEP website mentions essays being graded today and released for me to see on the 15th, but have there ever been times where they released my exam scores before the date on the website?  I’m quite anxious, haha.

Can you still use TECEPs to maintain enrollment? I did that and was able to stay grandfathered in when they changed residency requirements.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
The only reason I'd suggest taking a TECEP is because if you qualify for pell grant or any aid you need to take 6 credits to qualify for aid. This would mean taking capstone and cornerstone at the same time and if you didn't want to wait until you were almost done to enroll you could just take a TECEP now to lock in a catalog. If took a TECEP now (the terms start monthly) so say signed up for an October TECEP you would then have until October 2020 to sign up for SOS-110, the capstone or any other course before losing your catalog. Which at the rate you are going in plenty of time.

If you don't qualify for the pell grant or any aid then just take SOS-110 right now and then the capstone by itself later.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 697 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch