Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrollment in TESU
This is great advise . Thank you all for helping me through this. I am still at the SL courses and once i finish those i would enroll for my Study.com courses ,maybe that time would be good to get with an advisor at TESU ,get the discounts and be enrolled in the University .

Just to summarize -
So it seems i have an option of either taking a TECEP exam to get enrolled sooner or just taking the final capstone once i am done with all the courses on SL and Study....

Though its recommended that i enroll for a TECEP sooner to avoid the risk of requirements being changed for the degree by the time I am done with all courses.

Which also means that TECEP exam is not a Requirement as such to complete the degree

correct ?
sarahrahul Wrote:This is great advise . Thank you all for helping me through this. I am still at the SL courses and once i finish those i would enroll for my Study.com courses ,maybe that time would be good to get with an advisor at TESU ,get the discounts and be enrolled in the University .

Just to summarize -
So it seems i have an option of either taking a TECEP exam to get enrolled sooner or just taking the final capstone once i am done with all the courses on SL and Study....

Though its recommended that i enroll for a TECEP sooner to avoid the risk of requirements being changed for the degree by the time I am done with all courses.

Which also means that TECEP exam is not a Requirement as such to complete the degree

correct ?
Correct. Don't forget that if you don't enroll within 6 months of acceptance you may have to apply (and pay $75) again.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you so much
Ideas Wrote:Yeah, any TECEP exam. You have to enroll in advance so there is some waiting.

I thought I read that failing the exam is ok. But there are some easy ones, so why not get credits? Smile

I completely forgot to take my first Tecep. Basically you just have to sign up and pay for one each year, from my experience, to keep your enrollment. Of course you want to take and pass it, too. Don't be like me, wasting money Smile
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
sarahrahul Wrote:Just to summarize -

correct ?

So this might be just the dumbest question ever on the forum... but what is the importance of enrolling? Can't you just be an applicant, transfer in your credits, take the capstone and then graduate? Or does everyone have to take a TECEP as the cheapest way to be enrolled?
CollegeKid Wrote:So this might be just the dumbest question ever on the forum... but what is the importance of enrolling? Can't you just be an applicant, transfer in your credits, take the capstone and then graduate? Or does everyone have to take a TECEP as the cheapest way to be enrolled?

There's a few benefits of being enrolled, and taking a TECEP is the cheapest/easiest/fastest way to get that done.
1) It locks you in for the calendar catalog year, if you really need to have that option
2) If you need a course that's not offered elsewhere, it maybe the cheapest option (UL BSBA AOS courses)
3) Fee's won't change unexpectedly nor will the courses

Depends on "who" needs it and "when" they need it. If you're starting from scratch, there's no rush to get enrolled.
If you have more and more courses and more than about half way, and you know you're done in 6 months or less, no rush.
If you have less than half way and know you'll be longer than 6 months, I would apply/enroll *if* you need that catalog year.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
CollegeKid Wrote:So this might be just the dumbest question ever on the forum... but what is the importance of enrolling? Can't you just be an applicant, transfer in your credits, take the capstone and then graduate? Or does everyone have to take a TECEP as the cheapest way to be enrolled?

Registering for the Capstone is also a way of enrolling. So no matter what, you have to be an enrolled student at some point.

If you aren't ready to take the capstone yet, but want to see what your eval looks like, a TECEP is the best way to get enrolled cheaply. Someone coming in with zero credits, or on a plan and already knowing where there credits will come in have less need of this (although I would still recommend enrolling early). BUT, many people come in as transfer students, with a bunch of credits that no one knows where they will come in. If this is the case, it's best to apply to get an eval and see where you stand before making a plan. In this case, you really need an eval before you spend any more time/money on courses that you may or may not need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 9 862 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 357 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,002 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 487 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Fewer high schoolers want college, enrollment continues to slide bjcheung77 6 659 05-28-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,025 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,902 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az