Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enviro Classes TESU Doesn’t Offer
I am working towards a BA in Environmental Studies. I'm looking at required classes and I don't think TESU offers all the classes I need which I find weird since it's their degree plan.

Is anyone in the same degree program and how are you fulfilling all the requirements?  Idea
(10-16-2019, 01:40 PM)JerseyDan Wrote: I am working towards a BA in Environmental Studies. I'm looking at required classes and I don't think TESU offers all the classes I need which I find weird since it's their degree plan.

Is anyone in the same degree program and how are you fulfilling all the requirements?  Idea

Yeah <sigh> that's a problem with some of TESU's degrees. They will award the degree if you have all the credit, but don't guarantee that they can offer you all the classes in-house.

So, before you get too frustrated, which courses requirements do you need that you can't find? I'm sure collectively, many here have a good knowledge base of ideas. Wink
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
The degrees on the online degree page are the only ones for which TESU offers all the courses. It sounds weird, but COSC does the same thing. Most of their students are transfers, so they expect students to bring the required courses from elsewhere. It allows them to offer a wide variety of majors and concentrations to transfer students looking to fit their credits somewhere.

I haven't looked at the environmental studies program in a while. I know it has some social science and humanities-oriented courses. For environmental science courses, APUS has them at a reasonable price.
PhD (in progress)
Masters and Graduate Certificate
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-16-2019, 01:40 PM)JerseyDan Wrote: I am working towards a BA in Environmental Studies. I'm looking at required classes and I don't think TESU offers all the classes I need which I find weird since it's their degree plan.

I looked into it but the problem was finding those alternate UL science courses.  If you do a search I know a couple people have posted about this in the past.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 13 yo boys

Study: US History 1, Pres Skills, Environ Science, Ethics in America
Sophia: Psychology, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict
CsmLearn

Planning for (2) Bachelors + ?
Which claases are you trying to find I'm 3 courses away from finishing the Environmental Study's degree
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • cookderosa
(10-17-2019, 12:51 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Which claases are you trying to find I'm 3 courses away from finishing the Environmental Study's degree
Hey Roy!
I’ll have to look on my educational assessment. I know one is environmental science. I think I will need some AOS classes
(10-17-2019, 12:51 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Which claases are you trying to find I'm 3 courses away from finishing the Environmental Study's degree

Would you mind giving us a degree plan for your ESdegree?

CsmLearn

(10-17-2019, 09:58 PM)TwinMom Wrote:

Sure if you put what classes you already have I can work one out or do you want to see what I did?

These are the requirements I need to figure out:

G: AOS Electives 12 SH[b] (Not started)[/b]
*must earn grades of C or better
NOTE: Because the BA Environmental Studies Area of Study is interdisciplinary, it must be plann ed closely with a BA Degree Program Advisor.
For TESU and other course options, please contact an Advisor
**At least 15 of the 30 credits required within the entire Environmental St udies Area of Study must be at the 300/400 level.**

B: Environmental Sci3SH[b] (Not started)[/b]
*must earn a grade of C or better
For course options, please contact an Advisor

(10-18-2019, 10:19 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 09:58 PM)TwinMom Wrote:

Sure if you put what classes you already have I  can work one out or do you want to see what I did?

I would love to see what you've done!  Thanks!

CsmLearn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU | evaluation: Pending completion of unfinished activity akr680 4 106 Yesterday, 11:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Outside course/exam for TESU Comm 100 Communication Theory? Globally_Minded 12 289 Yesterday, 08:45 PM
Last Post: davewill
  2nd BSBA option Degree at TESU eradreede 24 518 Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  TESU graduation audit question monroe18 4 144 Yesterday, 10:46 AM
Last Post: monroe18
  Who to take for TESU Capstone? mysonx3 6 341 11-14-2019, 08:08 PM
Exclamation TESU BSBA with foreign credits pgsatx 33 1,321 11-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: pgsatx
  ASNSM at TESU TwinMom 3 115 11-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? Silly_Me 9 1,876 11-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU | Student portal | Transcript received akr680 3 271 11-10-2019, 11:29 AM
  BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? MichiganMax 6 123 11-09-2019, 09:56 PM
Last Post: jsd