Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enviro Classes TESU Doesn’t Offer
I am working towards a BA in Environmental Studies. I'm looking at required classes and I don't think TESU offers all the classes I need which I find weird since it's their degree plan.

Is anyone in the same degree program and how are you fulfilling all the requirements?  Idea
(10-16-2019, 01:40 PM)JerseyDan Wrote: I am working towards a BA in Environmental Studies. I'm looking at required classes and I don't think TESU offers all the classes I need which I find weird since it's their degree plan.

Is anyone in the same degree program and how are you fulfilling all the requirements?  Idea

Yeah <sigh> that's a problem with some of TESU's degrees. They will award the degree if you have all the credit, but don't guarantee that they can offer you all the classes in-house.

So, before you get too frustrated, which courses requirements do you need that you can't find? I'm sure collectively, many here have a good knowledge base of ideas. Wink
The degrees on the online degree page are the only ones for which TESU offers all the courses. It sounds weird, but COSC does the same thing. Most of their students are transfers, so they expect students to bring the required courses from elsewhere. It allows them to offer a wide variety of majors and concentrations to transfer students looking to fit their credits somewhere.

I haven't looked at the environmental studies program in a while. I know it has some social science and humanities-oriented courses. For environmental science courses, APUS has them at a reasonable price.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-16-2019, 01:40 PM)JerseyDan Wrote: I am working towards a BA in Environmental Studies. I'm looking at required classes and I don't think TESU offers all the classes I need which I find weird since it's their degree plan.

I looked into it but the problem was finding those alternate UL science courses.  If you do a search I know a couple people have posted about this in the past.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Which claases are you trying to find I'm 3 courses away from finishing the Environmental Study's degree
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • cookderosa
(10-17-2019, 12:51 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Which claases are you trying to find I'm 3 courses away from finishing the Environmental Study's degree
Hey Roy!
I’ll have to look on my educational assessment. I know one is environmental science. I think I will need some AOS classes
(10-17-2019, 12:51 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Which claases are you trying to find I'm 3 courses away from finishing the Environmental Study's degree

Would you mind giving us a degree plan for your ESdegree?

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security

(10-17-2019, 09:58 PM)TwinMom Wrote:

Sure if you put what classes you already have I can work one out or do you want to see what I did?
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

These are the requirements I need to figure out:

G: AOS Electives 12 SH[b] (Not started)[/b]
*must earn grades of C or better
NOTE: Because the BA Environmental Studies Area of Study is interdisciplinary, it must be plann ed closely with a BA Degree Program Advisor.
For TESU and other course options, please contact an Advisor
**At least 15 of the 30 credits required within the entire Environmental St udies Area of Study must be at the 300/400 level.**

B: Environmental Sci3SH[b] (Not started)[/b]
*must earn a grade of C or better
For course options, please contact an Advisor

(10-18-2019, 10:19 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 09:58 PM)TwinMom Wrote:

Sure if you put what classes you already have I  can work one out or do you want to see what I did?

I would love to see what you've done!  Thanks!

CsmLearn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 210 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy