Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Environmental Health and Safety/Occupational H&S
I'm confused though, I just read something about them being a degree mill in the past? But if they're DEAC now, etc, then they are legit now, but I don't know what to think. So hard to decide if the NA will come back to haunt me in the future, but I feel I can't do an MPH at all unless it's fast like this.

Also maybe you have certification(s) that will give you credit?

$900/course is a little expensive considering they are NA. There are some RA schools for around that. But I don't find any self-paced that have the program I want.

Maybe ypu are thinking of columbia state university.

If there were an RA option at that price that didn't make me sit down on a certain day or night for stuff, I would do it. ..the fact that the gold standard cert company has multiple CSU folks on their board is a good sign. And their bachelors is a GSP. Good sign.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Ah, yes, Columbia State. I'm glad!

Also I'm happy that CSU participates in the financial aid programs.

I'm thinking I will enroll, take the first course and see how it goes. If it's not doable with my limited spare time, then I go a different route. But I will see what happens later in the year.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes icampy's post:
  • Ideas
Please let me know what you think of CSU or if you go another route. It's very tempting, but I think I'm going to do a foreign Masters instead of an NA Masters, but from a decent school in the UK. I haven't looked into foreign programs much yet, but just letting you know in case you're considering foreign. (I plan on doing a quick cheap RA Masters first, so I have time to decide.)

Cool. I decided I dont want to do a "just because" cheap masters, especially in something that I dont care about (business), and something thats not giving me any useful information. I asked our EHS guy about CSU (hes a CSP and environmental engineer), and he said that he would not steer me away from them, he has heard good things about them for the past 20 years.

Honestly, I have hated every business class I have taken, and will be glad when this degree is done (maybe 6 weeks), then....IF I decide to go back to school, it will be something enjoyable, or enjoyable and useful both. If that means a NA masters, or no masters, thats fine with me. But it will probably not be an MBA.

I will decide later this year. Thanks for the info, and best of luck on your journey :-)

Oh yeah, it makes a big difference. You're close!

CSU sounds good in your situation. Or starting with a cert, but as you've seen, those can be expensive too.

Im definitely thankful that I found this place, and it has helped me in (soon) earning my degree! But it made me realize how little I enjoy business schooling :-)

I was planning on doing the PMP or supply chain certs and moving to the business department....but I would be miserable.

(03-09-2018, 03:43 PM)icampy Wrote: Im definitely thankful that I found this place, and it has helped me in (soon) earning my degree! But it made me realize how little I enjoy business schooling :-)

I was planning on doing the PMP or supply chain certs and moving to the business department....but I would be miserable.

Yeah it's a good thing you found out. Too bad you couldn't have switched degrees.

I enjoy business classes and find them kind of easy, but don't plan to go into the field.

I just wanted the paper....in something that might be useful, and wasnt liberal arts/studies (nothing against them, they just arent very well accepted in aerospace or manufacturing and whatnot).

The only thing I would change is doing it a decade ago!

But anyways, if anyone has other EHS or even IH suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 218 03-27-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  New Master of Public Health at ACE $9225 Vle045 40 4,101 01-23-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  UCMO: Online MS Occupational Safety Management 30-36 credit, $11.8K-$14.2K bjcheung77 6 813 05-18-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 714 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  Health Care - Masters from Spain! bjcheung77 13 3,651 01-22-2023, 01:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for US-based MBA or Health-Related Masters with Programmatic Accreditations sarahmac 7 1,145 11-10-2022, 07:37 PM
  Drexel: Master's in Clinical Research (Health Professions) bjcheung77 0 532 09-16-2022, 10:18 PM
  Fast/CBE Health masters degrees online Naija 11 2,148 07-06-2022, 10:53 AM
  LSUS Master of Health Administration evanmonast 10 2,952 05-21-2022, 06:09 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  National University of Health Sciences bjcheung77 0 678 04-28-2021, 06:54 PM