Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics 312 The American Institutes
I guess the issue will still be that it does not meet the 15 UL credits requirement. TESU is clear about the number of UL credits as opposed to merely the number of UL courses. Ethics related UL courses will definitely suit BALS AOS requirements, but unfortunately, this one will not satisfy the credit requirements.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Like Merlin says, it is an upper level course. Problem is a 2-credit course doesn't really help you get to the necessary 15 UL credits
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Unless you have a 1cr or 4cr course in there to make up for the difference, it's not helpful.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You have already been told what can fulfill upper level degree requirements for your degree plan, so I am not sure why you keep trying to miraculously find some 'hidden' upper level credits...
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • jsd
(12-20-2018, 11:40 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: You have already been told what can fulfill upper level degree requirements for your degree plan, so I am not sure why you keep trying to miraculously find some 'hidden' upper level credits...

I just noticed something surprising, and wanted to share it. I don’t follow why you are getting so worked up for this simple post of mine. This is a public forum, and one can post such questions. If you find my questions repetitive, why do you even spend your time answering them?? After all, your posts have been quite repetitive too. So, people in glass houses must learn not to throw stones on others. If you are unable to be kind and helpful, that is ok. There are kinder and more helpful people here to address my concerns.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(12-20-2018, 01:43 PM)Supermind Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 11:40 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: You have already been told what can fulfill upper level degree requirements for your degree plan, so I am not sure why you keep trying to miraculously find some 'hidden' upper level credits...

I just noticed something surprising, and wanted to share it. I don’t follow why you are getting so worked up for this simple post of mine. This is a public forum, and one can post such questions. If you find my questions repetitive, why do you even spend your time answering it?? After all, your posts have been quite repetitive too. So, people in glass houses must learn to not throw stones on others. There are more kinder and helpful people here to address my concerns, if not you.

It's not new or surprising, as the course has been available for years. Instead of actually searching on this forum and properly researching, you just post the same questions in unrelated threads over and over. You have been advised on what would fulfill your degree requirements, yet you keep going in circles. You seem quite worried about saving $200, meanwhile you are saving thousands of dollars earning a degree this way.

How are my posts repetitive? I fail to see how any of my posts are asking the same questions over and over again like you do.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(12-20-2018, 01:53 PM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 01:43 PM)Supermind Wrote:

I just noticed something surprising, and wanted to share it. I don’t follow why you are getting so worked up for this simple post of mine. This is a public forum, and one can post such questions. If you find my questions repetitive, why do you even spend your time answering it?? After all, your posts have been quite repetitive too. So, people in glass houses must learn to not throw stones on others. There are more kinder and helpful people here to address my concerns, if not you.

It's not new or surprising, as the course has been available for years. Instead of actually searching on this forum and properly researching, you just post the same questions in unrelated threads over and over. You have been advised on what would fulfill your degree requirements, yet you keep going in circles. You seem quite worried about saving $200, meanwhile you are saving thousands of dollars earning a degree this way.

How are my posts repetitive? I fail to see how any of my posts are asking the same questions over and over again like you do.

This is not your personal forum- nor are you some moderator here. When Merlin, the moderator is actually being kind and answering my posts, what is your problem? And dfrecore is helping so many people. Please take a lesson or two from these people, and keep your rudeness and impatience to yourself. If you want to know how your posts are repetitive, take the trouble yourself to go through your previous posts, and if you still cannot see it, leave it. This is cyber bullying, and I will not take to it lightly. Like I said, STOP! If you find my posts annoying, there are several other posts for you to answer. Take out your frustrations elsewhere.

A little while back I too noticed about the ethics course being UL and posted about it possibly being helpful for people needing UL credits and I'm sure many others noticed and posted it before me. As dfrecore pointed out, it's not really useful unless you happened to have another 1 or 4 credit course. It's great that you're noticing things and bringing them up. I'd rather that you notice things like that and post about it. It may not be useful, but maybe it will be. Better to post it rather than hold back for fear of being too repetitive.

I already know exactly what classes I need to finish my degree but I still try to share new info and classes that I find because they may help others, even if it's not useful to myself. That's how our forum's shared knowledge grows over time.

TLDR: keep Sharing and posting things you find that you think are useful, even if it might be repetitive, not useful or already known.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Oulton1
(12-20-2018, 02:18 PM)MNomadic Wrote: A little while back I too noticed about the ethics course being UL and posted about it possibly being helpful for people needing UL credits and I'm sure many others noticed and posted it before me. As dfrecore pointed out, it's not really useful unless you happened to have another 1 or 4 credit course. It's great that you're noticing things and bringing them up. I'd rather that you notice things like that and post about it. It may not be useful, but maybe it will be. Better to post it rather than hold back for fear of being too repetitive.

I already know exactly what classes I need to finish my degree but I still try to share new info and classes that I find because they may help others, even if it's not useful to myself. That's how our forum's shared knowledge grows over time.

TLDR: keep Sharing and posting things you find that you think are useful, even if it might be repetitive, not useful or already known.

Thank you for saying that MNomadic. One of the things I have very much enjoyed on this forum, is the culture of patience, kindness and helpfulness here.

Does Charter Oak COSC accept this course for the ethics requirement?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 716 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,160 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,393 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  American Government mt_1994 21 2,077 05-20-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 337 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,328 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  Consensus on the best place to take american gov for TESU? StudentOLife 8 1,595 10-26-2021, 12:39 PM
  Help with American Government TPG 7 1,151 08-23-2021, 09:12 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  The Institutes and Credley a_dblu 4 940 07-26-2021, 12:02 AM
  The Institutes - Ethics 312: Missing Acclaim badge question answered BadBradsBBQ 10 2,007 03-25-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Old Guy