Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics course at The Institute denied?
I recently took and passed the Insurance Ethics course at The institute a few days ago. I submitted it to ACE for credits but now this is the second time it has been denied. I emailed ACE and they told me to contact the course provider. I emailed them and still waiting on a response.

This is the message I keep seeing from ACE
"Denied by Organization on 11/09/2016
Reason: The student did not take this course/examination at the requested location."

I have the certificate and everything. Any ideas?
Did you take this one? It is the one that gives ACE credit:
312N-H Ethics And The CPCU Code Of Professional Conduct - (No CE Credit) (OL) FREE

The other one (312CE-H Ethics And The CPCU Code Of Professional Conduct - CE Filed (OL) $5.00) just offers continuing education credit.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
That's what happened to me... :embarrassed:
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:That's what happened to me... :embarrassed:

It's okay, happens to alot of folks. Worst case scenario: You spent $5 for a class that could easily cost you $49 or more. No worries. Smile
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Did you ever find out? I just enrolled into that course and when I go to select, "testing info" in the drop down menu the class is nowhere to be found. I'm wondering if one of the three Ethics courses on Saylor.org could work instead?
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
collegechick Wrote:Did you ever find out? I just enrolled into that course and when I go to select, "testing info" in the drop down menu the class is nowhere to be found. I'm wondering if one of the three Ethics courses on Saylor.org could work instead?

He took the wrong course was the issue. The free course is still available.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
High_Order1 Wrote:That's what happened to me... :embarrassed:

Haha, no need to be embarrassed. It's easy to see the two options and think only the paid one would be the one giving credit. And that it says "(No CE Credit)" vs the paid one that doesn't, it's very easy to get confused!
How long does it usually take for this to be accepted on your ACE transcript? I completed it last week (but given the holiday I knew it would be a delay). Just wondering what the general time frame is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 784 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 641 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 354 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Christian Leaders Institute… Vle045 17 3,915 09-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 826 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Online Graduate Admitted by Mistake Denied LLM sanantone 0 546 04-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Grand Canyon University denied non-profit conversion. Remains as a for-profit college Windywing 7 2,319 12-03-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 744 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Universal Technical Institute buys Concorde Career Colleges bjcheung77 0 432 05-16-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas Institute of Technology and Science Alpha 4 852 11-01-2021, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Johann