Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euroinnova - Official Master's Degree? Competency Based?
(05-25-2021, 11:36 AM)eLearner Wrote: If you're referring to Instituto Europeo de Estudios Empresariales, I don't know much about them but they aren't blacklisted anywhere that I know of. Their programs seem to be backed by major universities so that's always good when dealing with propios. Maybe even better that (at least with the Nebrija degrees) they're being issued only from the Universities themselves there based on what the images indicate. That might explain why the propios there are a little pricier than what's seen in most other places offering them, although they are still dirt cheap by U.S. standards.

As for eCampus U, a bad rep can hurt. I'm not aware of that rep, but if you've seen a lot of negatives that's something to consider. The Spanish market has a ton of low-cost options, so there is never a reason to go with one that doesn't have a good rep.

The sameness you noticed amongst propio programs is a reality. ISEB for instance is almost identical to ENEB and both work with Isabel I University for certification which is considered important in Spain, and I tend to believe it has a positive effect on U.S. evaluation outcomes so I would personally stick to programs that are certified by an accredited University (the word "accredited" is also often used in Spain to describe the certification arrangement between an accredited university and an unaccredited teaching school).

Yes, they're the one. That makes a lot of sense. 

The main reason I was considering the euroinnova/inesem nutrition master in partnership with Università degli studi Ecampus, is due to it being an official master's degree as opposed to the titulo propio. But yeah the unfortunate thing is the terrible reviews of this italian university not to mention that it may complicate things more for me not speaking italian and now dealing with not one but two foreign countries when trying to evaluate this degree here in the US.

I was not aware of ISEB and it looks like they also offer a nutrition related titulo propio which is appealing. Another one I've just found is called Imf-formacion. They also offer a nutrition related titulo propio from nebrija. 

As of this moment, università degli studi ecampus has stated they are not aware of their partnership with euroinnova to an italian I asked to calll on my behalf. This is quite strange but I have a feeling it is more the incompetence and unreliableness of università degli studi ecampus rather than deceit by euroinnova. In any case, there are just too many red flags with them. 

Are these truly self paced in the manner that WGU and other schools where one could potentially finish the 1 year course in as little as 3 to 6 months?
Pace depends on the school/program. Some are fully independent study like ENEB, while many others actually do follow a traditional weekly course schedule. Independent study styled programs can be finished as quickly as you can finish them, while the other types are dictated entirely by the weekly schedule. Some independent study type programs set a mandatory period of waiting before a degree can be issued, some I've seen have been about 4 months so even if you finished really fast you'd still have to wait the full 4 months to be issued your degree in some programs.
(05-25-2021, 11:38 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: Are these programs actually offered in English?

Well I did a 2 minute search of the website and didn't see a single word of English anywhere.  Schotoma?
(05-25-2021, 01:24 PM)eLearner Wrote: Pace depends on the school/program. Some are fully independent study like ENEB, while many others actually do follow a traditional weekly course schedule. Independent study styled programs can be finished as quickly as you can finish them, while the other types are dictated entirely by the weekly schedule. Some independent study type programs set a mandatory period of waiting before a degree can be issued, some I've seen have been about 4 months so even if you finished really fast you'd still have to wait the full 4 months to be issued your degree in some programs.

Thank you. I'm going to try to get as much info as possible from each of the business schools to find the best fit. I'm interested in those that offer an independent study style for the master in nutrition. I guess study.com, sophia, and wgu have spoiled me. Smile

So far, euroinnova, inesem, and imf-formacion have all confirmed that their masters in nutrition are fully independent but there is that waiting period you mentioned from completion to actually getting the degree. 

By the way, I found this website which seems to have a bunch of these type of business schools listed -  https://www.aeen.org/escuelas-de-negocios-asociadas/

A lot of these are so similar that it almost feels like the same person or group is behind them. 

I wonder if there's a similar setup in other countries besides Spain.
It's great that you're looking for affordable, easy/manageable, quick programs... There are several countries that have a similar setup as Spain, a few of the Central and South American countries have this option. I would do a bit more research before treading in that territory, I mean for Clinical Nutritionist or anything in the Health-related fields, there may be certification and licensing requirements of each state, you want to make sure they meet those requirements before taking the program... This type of degree is not the same as say a Masters in Business or Psychology, these do not require certification or licensing...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-26-2021, 11:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's great that you're looking for affordable, easy/manageable, quick programs... There are several countries that have a similar setup as Spain, a few of the Central and South American countries have this option.  I would do a bit more research before treading in that territory, I mean for Clinical Nutritionist or anything in the Health-related fields, there may be certification and licensing requirements of each state, you want to make sure they meet those requirements before taking the program...  This type of degree is not the same as say a Masters in Business or Psychology, these do not require certification or licensing...

Thank you. That's some solid advice. It would definitely be a disappointment for me to go through one of these programs and still end up ineligible in the states. I'm going to follow up tomorrow with my state's board to get more info about this. So far, I know that in addition to a degree in the field I'll need an extended amount of supervised experience. I'm hoping that if one of these international degrees works out, I can start my supervised experience faster.

Good to know these options are also available in Central and South America. As of this moment, Italy is my first choice followed by Spain. I'll keep searching for them in other countries and hopefully come out with some good candidates to throw into the mix.
(05-25-2021, 09:27 PM)rbat2021 Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 01:24 PM)eLearner Wrote: Pace depends on the school/program. Some are fully independent study like ENEB, while many others actually do follow a traditional weekly course schedule. Independent study styled programs can be finished as quickly as you can finish them, while the other types are dictated entirely by the weekly schedule. Some independent study type programs set a mandatory period of waiting before a degree can be issued, some I've seen have been about 4 months so even if you finished really fast you'd still have to wait the full 4 months to be issued your degree in some programs.

Thank you. I'm going to try to get as much info as possible from each of the business schools to find the best fit. I'm interested in those that offer an independent study style for the master in nutrition. I guess study.com, sophia, and wgu have spoiled me. Smile

So far, euroinnova, inesem, and imf-formacion have all confirmed that their masters in nutrition are fully independent but there is that waiting period you mentioned from completion to actually getting the degree. 

By the way, I found this website which seems to have a bunch of these type of business schools listed -  https://www.aeen.org/escuelas-de-negocios-asociadas/

A lot of these are so similar that it almost feels like the same person or group is behind them. 

I wonder if there's a similar setup in other countries besides Spain.
Its not the same company but the same business model.
They work as the middle man and organize the studies from the student to the university in the administrative aspect. In one word they are usually a business school that offer business and the rest of studies they bring the students to a private university, handle your paperwork and more important adquiere the students across marketing campaings that the uni do not do. is not well seen academically to be agressive in marketing.
Be aware the programs can be hard to study, are not accelerated and usually in spanish. It can differ from university to university.
I do not know much about the italian universities deals but look the same.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app

If you want to go this route make sure that the master are "master oficial" or "master Universitario".
This is the one that should be recognized as regional one.
They also offer "titulos propios". In the description of the course should appear this distinction.
And please make sure is in English! To avoid surprises. If they are in Spanish make sure you have the level to write academic Spanish and specially you can write it quick for the final exam of each subject.
If its a "título oficial" you will have to make a master thesis and defend it in front of a small tribunal.
Don´t have expectations to get the diploma under 6 to 10 month. But you will get a letter saying you finish and has a code that you can check with the university if somebody need it. The diploma should be in Spanish (if you studied in Spanish, no idea if you do it in english) and have a European supplement document to it, explaining the degree inside the European Academic Space. This explain the number of credits, how marks are, which level it is inside the scale bachelor, master, PhD and will include your marks on it.So every subject you tool will appear showing its value in European credits and mark ( in 1-10 scale). They should help a lot in validating the title abroad.
If you fail a subject you have to do it again, and pay again. It will follow the rules of the university where you study and you can check them. I think you can only repeat a subject once, if you fail... out. But maybe now they allow an extra opportunity or something.
Master Propios can have a thesis requirement, too. ESHE and Formacion has them for their propios, a number of other schools do as well, and they publish those works with an ISBN number.

As for working out the Spanish language barrier, many people use translation programs. Google translator works pretty well, it's online and free. Also, Chrome translates any text that comes up, except for text within images. I've run some tests using some demo enrollments with ESHE and Formacion and others that use a similar classroom format and the translators worked well, even during demo exams.
I would not use Google Translate, DeepL, or any other translator to write papers in a foreign language. It's okay if you are translating to your native language because you can make logical assumptions about what they mean. But, when translating to a foreign language, you can't tell if they have gotten something horribly wrong.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
For papers, you can always hire a translator, plenty of good prices out there. As for the classroom text you need to read, I don't speak Spanish well but I read it well enough and have found Chrome's translations to be surprisingly accurate in the classrooms I tested. Having said that, if you're a non-native Spanish speaker you already know going in that you're going to have some translation issues, so it's best to prepare mentally for some issues to pop up along the way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 252 7 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,663 515,814 10 hours ago
Last Post: eLearner
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 482 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,614 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 712 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 492 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Master’s (Titulo Propio) from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona? lincolnlawyer 40 2,446 02-27-2024, 02:04 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer