Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Credit Transfer System
(03-04-2021, 04:45 PM)Johann Wrote: Rachel83az: It wouldn't be direct, as already stated by ROYISAGIRL but ECTS from an actual university should still count as RA credits because the studies were completed at a university. The evaluator tells the American university what the completed studies "mean" and how they should be applied.

What is DL? Is it a university or are the certificates granted by actual universities? If not, they probably wouldn't count as RA credits. XAMK is currently the "best" deal for ECTS at a cost of $0 per ECTS. Unfortunately, the courses they offer wouldn't necessarily apply to any and every degree. Mostly to business or CS degrees.

Johann: They seem to be a mix. Most are taught by private schools and when completed, certified and awarded by partner universities. ENEB/Isabel 1 type of thing -- with them or some other players. Some directly from the university, I believe - not 100% sure. Thanks for the info. Looks like yes, it's possible but I'm pretty sure course-by course evaluation would likely cost more than some of the certificates. Still, if you could get 60 ECTS points evaluated as 30 credits for say, $300, that would be pretty cheap, even when you add in the cost of the cert. 

As I thought, it's not possible without a recognized evaluation. I got the impression that some (elsewhere) believed it could be done with NO intermediary - but only at the Big 3, by some special process. Not so, obviously..

Thanks, Rachel and Roy, for the info. Really clear.

I guess I should have phrased it better: Where is DL; what is their website? What does DL stand for?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-04-2021, 04:45 PM)Johann Wrote: Rachel83az: It wouldn't be direct, as already stated by ROYISAGIRL but ECTS from an actual university should still count as RA credits because the studies were completed at a university. The evaluator tells the American university what the completed studies "mean" and how they should be applied.

What is DL? Is it a university or are the certificates granted by actual universities? If not, they probably wouldn't count as RA credits. XAMK is currently the "best" deal for ECTS at a cost of $0 per ECTS. Unfortunately, the courses they offer wouldn't necessarily apply to any and every degree. Mostly to business or CS degrees.

Johann: They seem to be a mix. Most are taught by private schools and when completed, certified and awarded by partner universities. ENEB/Isabel 1 type of thing -- with them or some other players. Some directly from the university, I believe - not 100% sure. Thanks for the info. Looks like yes, it's possible but I'm pretty sure course-by course evaluation would likely cost more than some of the certificates. Still, if you could get 60 ECTS points evaluated as 30 credits for say, $300, that would be pretty cheap, even when you add in the cost of the cert. 

As I thought, it's not possible without a recognized evaluation. I got the impression that some (elsewhere) believed it could be done with NO intermediary - but only at the Big 3, by some special process. Not so, obviously..

I've found some NA and RA schools that actually do accept credits from other schools without a NACES/AICE evaluation, same with several Aussie universities that I've been looking at. Usually is done by an internal process in those cases.

Quote:I guess I should have phrased it better: Where is DL; what is their website? What does DL stand for?
Distance Learning, not a website. DL is more commonly used in this community on the sister forum (DegreeInfo)
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(03-04-2021, 05:12 PM)Thorne Wrote:

I've found some NA and RA schools that actually do accept credits from other schools without a NACES/AICE evaluation, same with several Aussie universities that I've been looking at. Usually is done by an internal process in those cases.

Quote:I guess I should have phrased it better: Where is DL; what is their website? What does DL stand for?
Distance Learning, not a website. DL is more commonly used in this community on the sister forum (DegreeInfo)

Oh, okay, I thought it had to be a specific platform akin to Coursera, edX, or FutureLearn because pretty much everything we're doing here is distance learning. And the few certificates I've seen that grant ECTS tend to be not inexpensive, IMO. The exception being the ones offered by XAMK.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thorne:

Johann:

Those RA and NA schools accept credits directly that were earned from European schools? Good news for some, then. My concern was that I read (elsewhere) someone claiming that these ECTS  could be taken to the Big 3 and converted to RA credits by internal process without evaluator or any intermediary "by those who know how to do it" - and I was pretty sure no double-secret alchemy of that kind exists.

If there were some way of getting ECTS rubber-stamped into RA credits by the Big 3 and then (possibly) used as transfer credit somewhere else -- then the knowledgeable people from THIS forum would have done it long ago. There are some pretty smart people here - who ARE earning ECTS for use on electives at Big 3. They ALL mention the use of WES or other evaluators is involved. Good enough for me. Case closed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,508 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 391 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,767 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,932 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 233 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 688 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 499 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 730 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 913 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 1,995 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas