Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluating my Options
(10-11-2018, 08:30 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 07:53 PM)Mab81 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 11:08 AM)davewill Wrote: It would probably be better to discuss it in that thread, but @DIGI-212 is the first person I've heard of who was able to get a second bachelor's on one fee. However, they haven't actually graduated with the second bachelor's, yet and it wouldn't surprise me if they came back and required another residency waiver before December.

I emailed TESU and asked if i could complete the ASBA, pay the fee and then complete my BALS without paying the fee again. This is what they said:

StuSupport <StuSupport@tesu.edu>

Thu, Sep 6, 11:31 A
That is correct. If you pay the residency waiver fee for the Associates degree and then complete the Bachelor's within the 12 months afterward, you will not be required to pay the fee again.

By return email, please indicate which Bachelor's degree you intend to pursue and I'll add it to your record now.

Patricia Certo, MBA

So just to clarify, if one takes this approach, they'd have to pay the graduation fee twice, though right? But only one residency waiver fee.

I didn't ask about the graduation fee.

(10-11-2018, 11:08 AM)davewill Wrote: It would probably be better to discuss it in that thread, but @DIGI-212 is the first person I've heard of who was able to get a second bachelor's on one fee. However, they haven't actually graduated with the second bachelor's, yet and it wouldn't surprise me if they came back and required another residency waiver before December.

I emailed TESU and asked if i could complete the ASBA, pay the fee and then complete my BALS without paying the fee again. This is what they said:

That is correct. If you pay the residency waiver fee for the Associates degree and then complete the Bachelor's within the 12 months afterward, you will not be required to pay the fee again.

By return email, please indicate which Bachelor's degree you intend to pursue and I'll add it to your record now.

Patricia Certo, MBA

Forgive me if I missed it but have you already transferred your credits to TESU? I ask because that staff member Patricia asked at the end said "please indicate which Bachelor's degree you intend to pursue and I'll add it to your record now". Your Record???? I know they have a CRM system or maybe she is referring to your active Student Record notes?   

I am asking this because I had TESU ask me for my University ID#, they had previously answered my transfer questions. I had a new transfer question and I told them that I do not have a University ID# and am not a current student. TESU responded by saying they cannot answer anymore transfer questions until I have a University ID#.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(10-11-2018, 08:30 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

Patricia Certo, MBA

So just to clarify, if one takes this approach, they'd have to pay the graduation fee twice, though right? But only one residency waiver fee.

For an associates and a bachelor right? I already have an associates. What about two bachelor degrees? Does two degrees equal two fees?
(10-09-2018, 01:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BTW - there is no way right now to get the HRM or GM BALS concentrations via testing out (that dratted Change Management course).  And the BS in Org Management can't be tested out of either (not enough courses available in the electives area that can be found inexpensively that I'm aware of).

But you could add the Undergrad Cert in Organizational Leadership using Org Behavior & Leadership Communication as your UL courses in the BALS AOS - but you'd still need 4 more courses that won't fit into the degree and would be Free electives.  So again, when you're getting to the point where a cert/concentration is going to add to the total number of courses you need to take, you're starting to get to the point where it's better to go with the BSBA.

Does TESU no longer accept CSU Global CBEs? There's one for Organizational Innovation and Change.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-12-2018, 01:26 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 01:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BTW - there is no way right now to get the HRM or GM BALS concentrations via testing out (that dratted Change Management course).  And the BS in Org Management can't be tested out of either (not enough courses available in the electives area that can be found inexpensively that I'm aware of).

But you could add the Undergrad Cert in Organizational Leadership using Org Behavior & Leadership Communication as your UL courses in the BALS AOS - but you'd still need 4 more courses that won't fit into the degree and would be Free electives.  So again, when you're getting to the point where a cert/concentration is going to add to the total number of courses you need to take, you're starting to get to the point where it's better to go with the BSBA.

Does TESU no longer accept CSU Global CBEs? There's one for Organizational Innovation and Change.

They do take them, but I don't remember that being accepted for Change Management (not that it doesn't, just that I don't remember it ever being confirmed for it).  It would be good if the OP wanted to ask them about it though!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I am enrolled in TESU and almost done with the ASBA. She was asking what bachelors i was planning to pursue so she could add it to my degree plan.

(10-13-2018, 01:36 AM)Mab81 Wrote: I am enrolled in TESU and almost done with the ASBA. She was asking what bachelors i was planning to pursue so she could add it to my degree plan.

Can you ask if the CSU-Global course would fulfill the Change Management requirement for a certificate in Human Resource Management?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,095 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Discrete Math - other cost/time options onlinelearner99 9 2,038 09-27-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Options after TESU Finance BSBA Juju7 12 1,555 07-28-2022, 02:05 PM
  Upper Level Options - BALS BSBRose21 13 1,618 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  Options for 16 Credits to Rid of Residency Waiver Fee bjcheung77 22 3,786 05-01-2022, 02:29 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  TESU options for these accounting courses... allvia 1 844 01-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA CIS Final Class Options rlstrick06 6 1,079 02-04-2021, 10:01 PM
  Options for testing out of BA Communications? xstrike9999 7 1,028 11-05-2020, 04:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Exclamation TESU: ENC 101 & 102, credit options... rlsy90 10 1,914 08-17-2020, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Tlm