Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluating my Options
BTW - there is no way right now to get the HRM or GM BALS concentrations via testing out (that dratted Change Management course). And the BS in Org Management can't be tested out of either (not enough courses available in the electives area that can be found inexpensively that I'm aware of).

But you could add the Undergrad Cert in Organizational Leadership using Org Behavior & Leadership Communication as your UL courses in the BALS AOS - but you'd still need 4 more courses that won't fit into the degree and would be Free electives. So again, when you're getting to the point where a cert/concentration is going to add to the total number of courses you need to take, you're starting to get to the point where it's better to go with the BSBA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi- There are a couple pre-requisites for the Organizational Leadership capstone (Leadership Practicum LDR-435) that are not listed on the degree plan. LDR-305 Foundations of Leadership, LDR-324 Leaders in History, and LDR-345 Theories of Leadership are all pre-requisites for the capstone. I have not been able to ACE/NCCRS options for LDR-324 or LDR-345. All of the remaining courses can be taken through Study.com or other ACE providers. At this time, three 12-week courses will have to be taken at TESU to complete this degree. The degree has a focus on organizational change and leadership, so it is geared for someone who is on the track to be in an executive leadership position.

You can complete the entire undergraduate certificate in Organizational Leadership through Study.com. At this time, if you are enrolled in a degree program, all of these courses can be transferred in. My advisor said this could change at any time.
It's worth noting that getting a cert on it's own requires half the credits be taken at TESU, but that doesn't apply if you're getting a degree at the same time. So if you decide to do the cert, don't graduate first.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-09-2018, 01:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BTW - there is no way right now to get the HRM or GM BALS concentrations via testing out (that dratted Change Management course). And the BS in Org Management can't be tested out of either (not enough courses available in the electives area that can be found inexpensively that I'm aware of).

But you could add the Undergrad Cert in Organizational Leadership using Org Behavior & Leadership Communication as your UL courses in the BALS AOS - but you'd still need 4 more courses that won't fit into the degree and would be Free electives. So again, when you're getting to the point where a cert/concentration is going to add to the total number of courses you need to take, you're starting to get to the point where it's better to go with the BSBA.

The reason I was considering OL is when I ran it through the OL degree plan and some of my classes did come in as leadership electives.

Either way you guys were really helpful. Lots of good points. Thanks.

I think I'm going to go with the Liberal arts degree for now and work towards it ASAP. Then I can take my time getting the BSBA at whatever speed and motivation I want. If I decide it isn't necessary, at least I'll already have a degree. Or I can even go for OL degree instead if I felt it was better for my career (though I'm realizing a BSBA would be more valuable).

It is more of a personal thing it feels silly to have 100 college credits and no Bachelor's degree. I just want the sense of accomplishment and check it off my list.

If I get the BSBA, the OL degree isn't really going to add anything and neither will BALS. I agree I could just go for the BSBA but it would help me if I could just any degree right now.

I already have two associates both in general studies. I have experience outside of fast food, but when I moved and needed a job fast food was the first thing that would hire me. I've got three job interviews this week for better postions and two of them are HR related.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • davewill, Kelly Green
100cr isn't enough for a BA anyway, so you shouldn't feel silly - you need 120cr for a BA/Bs.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-10-2018, 12:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: 100cr isn't enough for a BA anyway, so you shouldn't feel silly - you need 120cr for a BA/Bs.

You are right. I guess what I meant is I'm so close it would seem to me to if a few years went by and I never did anything to finish my degree. I'm so close.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Kelly Green
I may have to change my plans. Another thread was talking about the waiver free. If I get a liberal arts degree first. Then if I want the second degree do I have to pay the waiver fee a second time?

My plan was to get the BA asap and then works towards the BSBA. However, if I have to pay the fee twice then Ill just work towards the BSBA and just earn that.

Also the OL degree is 100% out I mapped it out and although possible, definitely way to difficult and too many AOS overlapping credits from the HR BSBA anyways if I wanted both. Not even on my radar at this point. It just sounded interesting since I had some leadership electives.
It would probably be better to discuss it in that thread, but @DIGI-212 is the first person I've heard of who was able to get a second bachelor's on one fee. However, they haven't actually graduated with the second bachelor's, yet and it wouldn't surprise me if they came back and required another residency waiver before December.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-11-2018, 11:08 AM)davewill Wrote: It would probably be better to discuss it in that thread, but @DIGI-212 is the first person I've heard of who was able to get a second bachelor's on one fee. However, they haven't actually graduated with the second bachelor's, yet and it wouldn't surprise me if they came back and required another residency waiver before December.

I emailed TESU and asked if i could complete the ASBA, pay the fee and then complete my BALS without paying the fee again. This is what they said:

StuSupport <StuSupport@tesu.edu>

Thu, Sep 6, 11:31 A
That is correct. If you pay the residency waiver fee for the Associates degree and then complete the Bachelor's within the 12 months afterward, you will not be required to pay the fee again.

By return email, please indicate which Bachelor's degree you intend to pursue and I'll add it to your record now.

Patricia Certo, MBA

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mab81's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-11-2018, 07:53 PM)Mab81 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 11:08 AM)davewill Wrote: It would probably be better to discuss it in that thread, but @DIGI-212 is the first person I've heard of who was able to get a second bachelor's on one fee. However, they haven't actually graduated with the second bachelor's, yet and it wouldn't surprise me if they came back and required another residency waiver before December.

I emailed TESU and asked if i could complete the ASBA, pay the fee and then complete my BALS without paying the fee again. This is what they said:

StuSupport <StuSupport@tesu.edu>

Thu, Sep 6, 11:31 A
That is correct. If you pay the residency waiver fee for the Associates degree and then complete the Bachelor's within the 12 months afterward, you will not be required to pay the fee again.

By return email, please indicate which Bachelor's degree you intend to pursue and I'll add it to your record now.

Patricia Certo, MBA

So just to clarify, if one takes this approach, they'd have to pay the graduation fee twice, though right? But only one residency waiver fee.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 445 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Accounting Credit Options allvia 8 1,148 05-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Discrete Math - other cost/time options onlinelearner99 9 2,084 09-27-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Options after TESU Finance BSBA Juju7 12 1,604 07-28-2022, 02:05 PM
  Upper Level Options - BALS BSBRose21 13 1,644 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  Options for 16 Credits to Rid of Residency Waiver Fee bjcheung77 22 3,831 05-01-2022, 02:29 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  TESU options for these accounting courses... allvia 1 859 01-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA CIS Final Class Options rlstrick06 6 1,111 02-04-2021, 10:01 PM
  Options for testing out of BA Communications? xstrike9999 7 1,042 11-05-2020, 04:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Exclamation TESU: ENC 101 & 102, credit options... rlsy90 10 1,955 08-17-2020, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Tlm