Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone's toughest exam was..
I think it had to be English Literature. Passed with a 68, but I studied and studied. Poetry is really hard for for me. The second hardest I think was Art of the Western World. No Instacert when I took it and I didn't know anything. I really enjoyed the process though.

Easiest? Are any of these easy? Not for me. I don't like the process of testing and I'm nervous before every test. I never can tell how I've scored and I've been stunned to pass every time.

Probably US 1 or Civil War, my first exam, but then I like history.
hunter2115 Wrote:For some reason, I've found that the exams that were supposed to be easy end up being my harder ones- and the ones that I hear are harder end up being easier! I suppose it has alot to do with how much time I put into them relative to what I expect them to be. So far my easiest exam was one that I was told was very difficult- DSST Business Law 2- I ended up with an 80. In contrast, the exam I did the worst on was supposed to be an easy one- ECE Human Resources- I got a C- my worst grade in any college course! Go figure!Rolleyes
Hunter ,did you take the Clep business law course?
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
RBOWMAN Wrote:Hunter ,did you take the Clep business law course?
Yes- I took the CLEP Intro to Bus Law exam just before the DSST Business Law 2 exam. I used instacert, Standard Deviants, and Barrons Bus Law book for BL CLEP, then reviewed them again for BL2- and added the Rudmans Q & A guide. I actually did better on BL2 than I did on the Clep. Remember- have a good understanding of the concepts of BL1 plus get a good hold on commercial paper for BL2.
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
hunter2115 Wrote:Yes- I took the CLEP Intro to Bus Law exam just before the DSST Business Law 2 exam. I used instacert, Standard Deviants, and Barrons Bus Law book for BL CLEP, then reviewed them again for BL2- and added the Rudmans Q & A guide. I actually did better on BL2 than I did on the Clep. Remember- have a good understanding of the concepts of BL1 plus get a good hold on commercial paper for BL2.
I took the Clep business courses, but never tested out in any of the Dantes business areas...I thought the Clep business exams were relatively easy. How were the DANTES exams?
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
RBOWMAN Wrote:I took the Clep business courses, but never tested out in any of the Dantes business areas...I thought the Clep business exams were relatively easy. How were the DANTES exams?

I have taken several lower level business DANTES, they are consistently among the easiest of all the exams I have taken so far.
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Of all the tests to be worried about, I am really concerned that I may not pass the Humanities CLEP. I have been going over the materials on InstantCert and I probably know LESS about this subject than almost ANY other. I guess that is a function of being Science minded...the art kind of goes out the window. I have the CLEP scheduled for Monday the 1st. Does anyone know if there is any OTHER CLEP I can take to get 3 Humanities credits for Excelsior. I already took Ethics and I still need 3 more. I don't need the 6 this exam offers...I was going to use the extras as elective credits but I seriously think I might not pass. Any suggestions:confused: ?
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
tampalizard Wrote:Of all the tests to be worried about, I am really concerned that I may not pass the Humanities CLEP. I have been going over the materials on InstantCert and I probably know LESS about this subject than almost ANY other. I guess that is a function of being Science minded...the art kind of goes out the window. I have the CLEP scheduled for Monday the 1st. Does anyone know if there is any OTHER CLEP I can take to get 3 Humanities credits for Excelsior. I already took Ethics and I still need 3 more. I don't need the 6 this exam offers...I was going to use the extras as elective credits but I seriously think I might not pass. Any suggestions:confused: ?
Have you considered CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature? It offers 6 credits, and almost everyone here agrees it's very passable. All the studying you'll have to do is read a few poems to refresh your memory about interpreting them, and take the sample exam from the College Board to get an idea of what it's like. It's not the most pleasant exam due to all the passages you have to read, and time can be an issue so you shouldn't get stuck on a single question. Also one of the foreign languages if you're fluent (I grabbed 12 credits in Spanish). DANTES also offers a few Humanities exams.

You can find all the exams Excelsior accepts by downloading from the Publications Page the file A Student Guide to Credit by Examination at Excelsior College, The Assessment Catalog. It contains credits granted, minimum passing score, level of credit, and type of credit granted to ECE, CLEP, and DANTES exams.

Link to CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature study guide: www.inarng.org/Education/Education%20Pubs/CLEP%20Study%20Guides/48744%20ANALLIT%20WEB.pdf
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I think that is a better choice for me. I have called and changed my CLEP for Monday to the Analyzing and Interp. Lit. I have also sent word to Excelsior to make sure they are aware. Thanks again!
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
the next one...
soldierboy Wrote:the next one...

Ha ha! True, I suppose!

In theory at least, the exam you just passed is always easier than the exam you have not yet passed.

hilarious
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,196 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 940 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 660 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 890 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,151 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,388 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,842 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,491 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Remote Exam Proctoring Software/System bjcheung77 3 1,049 05-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Java Exam special gams007 2 830 04-25-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77