Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam Edge?
Good morning all,
Has anyone ever used EXAM EDGE for test preparation?  If so, how did you like it?  Thank you!
As a matter of politeness to the InstantCert site owner, what is appropriate decorum for discussing a competitor?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
(05-02-2018, 09:56 AM)clep3705 Wrote: As a matter of politeness to the InstantCert site owner, what is appropriate decorum for discussing a competitor?

Although Exam Edge does offer some exam preparation tools that InstantCert offers (same exams), it is a minority of what they offer services for.   I do understand your concern, and respect that because it is a fee based service - ModernStates and Study.com would be more direct competitors and they are discussed here all the time (Modern States may be free to us as users, doesn't change the impact as competition), and Study.com offers no free services and offers prep for all the same exams.  I use these two only as examples because the rules of discussion should be equal to all providers, not just those who offer us end users free services or direct credit in addition to test prep. InstantCert offers a great paid service, and although many do use only them to prepare for the exams - I do not think they are blind to the fact that many people use more than one source to prepare for testing out.  Plus it's good business practice to use unbiased feedback (good or bad) on your competitors to improve and/or market your own business offerings.

I have never used Exam Edge, so I have no experience with there services. They have a good BBB rating, but only a single star on Yelp.  All the other information I can find from users who have stated publicly that they have used them all indicated they used additional sources as well to pass the certifications they were working towards.  Personally I find their website very outdated, which makes me question their content running the risk of being outdated as well, but that is solely an opinion based on the professional appearance they have chosen.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(05-02-2018, 11:27 AM)allvia Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 09:56 AM)clep3705 Wrote: As a matter of politeness to the InstantCert site owner, what is appropriate decorum for discussing a competitor?

Although Exam Edge does offer some exam preparation tools that InstantCert offers (same exams), it is a minority of what they offer services for.   I do understand your concern, and respect that because it is a fee based service - ModernStates and Study.com would be more direct competitors and they are discussed here all the time (Modern States may be free to us as users, doesn't change the impact as competition), and Study.com offers no free services and offers prep for all the same exams.  I use these two only as examples because the rules of discussion should be equal to all providers, not just those who offer us end users free services or direct credit in addition to test prep. InstantCert offers a great paid service, and although many do use only them to prepare for the exams - I do not think they are blind to the fact that many people use more than one source to prepare for testing out.  Plus it's good business practice to use unbiased feedback (good or bad) on your competitors to improve and/or market your own business offerings.

I have never used Exam Edge, so I have no experience with there services. They have a good BBB rating, but only a single star on Yelp.  All the other information I can find from users who have stated publicly that they have used them all indicated they used additional sources as well to pass the certifications they were working towards.  Personally I find their website very outdated, which makes me question their content running the risk of being outdated as well, but that is solely an opinion based on the professional appearance they have chosen.

I appreciate your response.   I am looking into passing an additional PRAXIS teacher certification test and INSTANTCERT doesn't offer studying for those exams anyway, correct?
(05-02-2018, 02:26 PM)acamp Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 11:27 AM)allvia Wrote:

I appreciate your response.   I am looking into passing an additional PRAXIS teacher certification test and INSTANTCERT doesn't offer studying for those exams anyway, correct?

Correct, they do not (at this time, maybe someday)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

As always, THANK YOU!! =)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 950 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 671 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 912 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,177 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,412 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,862 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,519 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Remote Exam Proctoring Software/System bjcheung77 3 1,064 05-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Java Exam special gams007 2 841 04-25-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77