Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exam Resources (newbies READ this) (And before asking a question, USE SEARCH FEATURE)
If you've got ECE World Pop slated on your exam list, get the book Population by Weeks. The EC Content Guide has the chapters from this book outlined with the topics you need to know.

Use this companion site to get nifty powerpoint presentations for each chapter.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Testingout Wrote:Jack
www.TestingOutofCollege.com

Bravo Jack,

Your web site is excellent. The information and guidance you provide appears to be spot on. I'm sure it will be a very valuable source of information and encouragement, especially for those who are new to the notion of "testing out".

Good for you Jack,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="5"]YES!!! I've done a total of 7 now but only registered 4 of them. I will register the remaining 3 sometime this week.[/SIZE]

What does Excelsior count the FEMA credits as? Electives, science...?
MagicATC Wrote:What does Excelsior count the FEMA credits as? Electives, science...?

[SIZE="3"]Elective style - professional credits.[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Hi all,

Relatively new here. Here is a link to College-Cram. Has some good info on a limited number of topics, approx 8-10 including math and economics. Smile
It used to be cost access but now is free. All it requires is registration. Hope this helps out.

http://college-cram.com
Chosin01
A useful link as posted by Old Rusty Pipe:
http://www.petersons.com/pdf/free/DSST.pdf

Check it out. It covers:

-Principles of Supervision
-Intro to Business
-Human Resources Management
-Organizational Behavior
I wanted to share a great book if you are going to be taking Biology. It is the Princeton Review's Biology Smart by Deborah Guest, and there are plenty available on Amazon for less than a dollar, plus shipping. I tried a few different books including Cliffs and Idiots Guide, and found them to be very dry and boring (Think Charlie Brown teacher boring)
The Biology Smart book was interesting with lost of pictures, analogies, summaries, and mini-quizzes to help everything sink in. The book isn't as comprehensive as the Idiots Guide, but with Biology Smart, I "got it" a whole lot easier. (The plant section didn't have enough detail, and there was no section on Punnett squares I just used Wikipedia to fill in the gaps)

Good Luck All!
CLEP
3/07 Sociology 69
4/07 Humaities 65
5/07 Biology 67
5/07 Psycology 67
Found this today on Learner.org, looks like it will give a good general overview of Psychology:

Resource: Discovering Psychology: Updated Edition

Becky
I did a search on this site and did not see this free resource listed anywhere.

CliffsNotes::Sciences

There are chemistry, biology, psychology, principles of management, criminal justice, accounting 1 & 11, physics, english comp, and much more.

Scheduled to take Management & Supervision tomorrow and will probably do Here's to your Health as well.
Free University Project - Introduction

4Tests.com - Select an Exam

Savannah Free College -- CLEP Study Guides

ArmyStudyGuide.com - A FREE Online and Audio Army Board Study Guide for U.S. Army Promotion Boards and Soldier / NCO Boards. ...

Take Any College Class for Free: 236 Open Courseware Collections, Podcasts, and Videos | OEDb

Top 100 Open Courseware Projects | OEDb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uexcel Earth Science Exam HELP!!! Urgent!!!! Pandalover43 0 31 Yesterday, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Pandalover43
  Chemistry CLEP Exam Scoring JohnnyHeck 2 71 03-23-2019, 10:26 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Special Ed Degree Question? tls7291 10 563 03-21-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: tls7291
  Credential Program Question tls7291 6 150 03-13-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  NYC Teacher CLEP Redemption Question dmatukian 7 173 02-28-2019, 02:34 PM
  Newbie with Clep Biology Question Mom23boys 9 242 02-27-2019, 01:48 PM
  Pierpont question Sparklette 3 191 02-22-2019, 06:42 PM
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 6 157 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Newbies - PLEASE post your questions on the forum dfrecore 9 1,133 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: davewill
Information The DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, and more! jsd 0 1,061 02-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Last Post: jsd