Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exam Resources (newbies READ this) (And before asking a question, USE SEARCH FEATURE)
Listen if i want to ask a question without searching that's my business. I am paying to be a member of this website. So stop telling me what to do. Have you ever thought that maybe i have already searched and did not find the approriate answer for me? HuH?
Wow, Maria.

It may be confusing, but what you paid for is the main InstantCert site, which has the flash cards for each exam. This forum is a free user-to-user support area -- not a paid service. People here answer questions to help other people out of kindness, altruism, and to "pay forward" the help they received. You're not a customer here, but part of a community, and therefore you're more likely to receive help if you try to make people want to help you.

It's the nature of a forum like this that people will post links, and later the site they linked to will have changed, and the link will no longer be valid. Often, in a case like that, some effort with Google or another search engine will find the resource that has been moved. Some people are even kind enough to post an updated link after re-locating a resource that way. Complaining "the link that you gave ... is not right. Please send it to me," hardly ever works.

The advice to search the forum before asking a question is very appropriate. If the answer is already on the forum, then searching for it will get you the information much more quickly than posting a question and waiting for an answer. If the question is about a particular exam, then posting in that exam-specific thread is better than starting a new thread, as it keeps the questions and answers consolidated in one convenient place for new users. If you have already searched, then you have done what was advised, so why complain about the advice?

-Gary-
DSST - GetCollegeCredit.com

In the begining of the page it tells you what a fact sheet is.

"Fact Sheets outline the topics covered by each test and includes a list of sample questions, a list of recommended references of books that would be useful for review, and the number of credits awarded for a passing score as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE®Wink. Please note that some schools require scores that are higher than the minimum ACE-recommended passing score. It is suggested that you check with your college or university to determine what score they require in order to earn credit."

Then scroll down and find the exam you want to take. Since the original link was posted the website has been drasticly redesigned for the better.
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]FREE Lower Level Credit Source[/SIZE]

FEMA Independent Study Program - Course List

Are these credits CLEP? In other words, can they be transferred to a BS program?

Thanks,

--ss
i am new at this. i have often heard people talk of getting credit through testing. some body please help!!! I would like to do this. what is my first step. How do I get started. I need baby steps!!
Thanks !
I just subscribed to Instacert in order to take the Dantes Ethics in America test.
I have read others reference Instacert Cards that they study. The website is only online.

Where can I get the IC Flash Cards to syudy?
I'm new to the forums and have a quick question. I've earned most of the credits toward my degree through testing and love it. However, I'm enrolled at Excelsior and have a few required course to complete before I get my degree.

One of these is LA 495. Has anyone taken it before and have any pointers? Or, even better, does anyone know if they accept any tests or exams through Penn Foster in its place?

Thanks so much!
Anna
Hey all,

I just signed up for InstantCert after seeing all of its wonderful reviews and it seems like an awesome website. Only problem is that I don't think they have a study guide for the chemistry CLEP which is unfortunately the only one I need to take in order to complete my degree. This forum seems awesome though, and I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of an awesome sort of study guide that is somewhat of a "crash course" guide (like InstantCert) to help me ace this chemistry exam. It's not that I'm lazy or anything, but I majored in management and this CLEP is simply a formality if you will that will enable me to achieve my degree. I am fully willing to put the time it takes to pass this test in, the only problem is that I work full time and have only 3-4 weeks to complete this CLEP. There seem to be many great links here and stuff for chemistry, but I need to make sure that I pass this CLEP, and I want to know that if I fully dedicate the time and effort into learning all of the information in one of these links, that I will pass the test. If anyone here has taken a chemistry CLEP or has any information concerning them, please let me know.

Thanks a lot (for reading the whole story),

Brendan
bclemente16 Wrote:Hey all,

I just signed up for InstantCert after seeing all of its wonderful reviews and it seems like an awesome website. Only problem is that I don't think they have a study guide for the chemistry CLEP which is unfortunately the only one I need to take in order to complete my degree. This forum seems awesome though, and I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of an awesome sort of study guide that is somewhat of a "crash course" guide (like InstantCert) to help me ace this chemistry exam. It's not that I'm lazy or anything, but I majored in management and this CLEP is simply a formality if you will that will enable me to achieve my degree. I am fully willing to put the time it takes to pass this test in, the only problem is that I work full time and have only 3-4 weeks to complete this CLEP. There seem to be many great links here and stuff for chemistry, but I need to make sure that I pass this CLEP, and I want to know that if I fully dedicate the time and effort into learning all of the information in one of these links, that I will pass the test. If anyone here has taken a chemistry CLEP or has any information concerning them, please let me know.

Thanks a lot (for reading the whole story),

Brendan

Hi. Good luck with the exam. Here are some possible resources:

Chemistry Study Guides - SparkNotes

PinkMonkey.com - Chemistry Study Guide Table of Contents

World of Chemistry Study Guides

The Peterson's site has practice tests for the CLEP Chemistry:

Peterson's
In an effort to clean up my signature line I have posted my all too infamous "Shoto-Advice & Study Resources" here....for all time.[SIZE="2"]
Shoto-Advice:
[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]EC[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]
"CCU"
"Prayer"
"A Pass is a Pass"
"Slow and Steady - Wins the Race"
[B][I]“Sometimes The Easy Way Is Not Always The Best Way”

"Passing a Petersons = Conquering a CLEP -or- Defeating a DSST"
"The 5 R's of Study: Repetition - Re-Enforces - Recognition - Recall - Retention"[/B][/I]
"Always be Ready to Release Your Mind & Incorporate the Advice of Others into Your Plans."
"Studying is much like Boiling Water, if it is not Heated Constantly it will Once Again Become Cold Water."

Other Sources of CLEP & DSST Study Material
REA Books, Comex Books, Pass Your Class Guides, Standard Deviants DVD's, Petersons Practice Exams, [COLOR="Gold"]Dummies Books, Idiot's Guides [/COLOR]. Big Grin[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GPA question tobyisking 14 227 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Updated Easiest Exam Thread-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only IC steelers 376 113,667 12-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Last Post: DAH
  CLEP Exam Ranking Bachinayr 37 1,152 12-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE Transcript Question theloudcity 3 156 11-30-2018, 12:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Intro to Sociology question????? cooperlab 3 266 11-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SuperTal3
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking Part 2 Question- Timer available? elenlushk 1 246 11-15-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: jjsafari
  Will a Challenge Exam from community college transfer to TESU? docmarvin 11 419 10-28-2018, 10:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Help - Modern States Question evsimoian 5 644 10-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
Question Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Question 2L8 4 229 10-18-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: 2L8
  Organizational Behavior DSST question VeganBrainz 4 349 09-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: VeganBrainz